*Author

duskiller

Thunder Phoenix [AI3] [PVP1] [Unupgraded] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37679.msg473351#msg473351
« on: March 23, 2012, 05:22:58 am »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5f6 5f6 5f6 5f6 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5gi 5gi 61q 61q 61q 61q 61r 61r 61r 61r 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 8po

Was just wondering about a duo that uses lightning and deflags for CC and PC, and came up with this.

Played around with a little in PVP1 and AI3, didnt record stats as it was meant more as a fun deck, seems to work fine but usually has excess fire and slight strain on aether. Any thoughts?  :electrum

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Thunder Phoenix [AI3] [PVP1] [Unupgraded] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37679.msg473353#msg473353
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 05:29:05 am »
QI for :fire is 6.75 and QI for :aether is 7.2, both too high. Why not just use fire bolts for CC? If you do insist on using lightning, you could even run them off just a mark of aether. Also, using PU for a phoenix isn't really worth it, and it'd probably be better combined with crimson dragons or something.

duskiller

Re: Thunder Phoenix [AI3] [PVP1] [Unupgraded] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37679.msg473355#msg473355
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 05:37:33 am »
QI for :fire is 6.75 and QI for :aether is 7.2, both too high. Why not just use fire bolts for CC? If you do insist on using lightning, you could even run them off just a mark of aether. Also, using PU for a phoenix isn't really worth it, and it'd probably be better combined with crimson dragons or something.
Currently the quanta feels ok, but yea it probably needs more pends or sth. Anw this deck is really more for fun than practical purposes so yea. And besides I love lightning more  :P Still thinking about the PU, initially wanted some aether critter but thought it would be fun to PU an opposing dragon then lightning it off. Thanks for the coments though will play around with it abit more to sort out any quanta issues.

*on a side note, your name is vaguely familiar. I think I probably encountered your gold league deck a few weeks ago and I got trampled :p*

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Thunder Phoenix [AI3] [PVP1] [Unupgraded] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37679.msg473359#msg473359
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 05:51:41 am »
Currently the quanta feels ok, but yea it probably needs more pends or sth. Anw this deck is really more for fun than practical purposes so yea. And besides I love lightning more  :P Still thinking about the PU, initially wanted some aether critter but thought it would be fun to PU an opposing dragon then lightning it off. Thanks for the coments though will play around with it abit more to sort out any quanta issues.

*on a side note, your name is vaguely familiar. I think I probably encountered your gold league deck a few weeks ago and I got trampled :p*
Did you now? Ha! I don't know why, but this makes me already sort of like you. :P

Offline eaglgenes101

• Reputation Power: 29
  • eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The rising all-'rounder of Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Thunder Phoenix [AI3] [PVP1] [Unupgraded] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37679.msg473599#msg473599
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 05:28:26 am »
...Do you more often find yourself with empty hands or near full ones?
My 3 game-modification principles:
1. If it ain't broke, don't wreck it.
2. Simple fixes for simple problems.
3. Remember to fill in the holes.

duskiller

Re: Thunder Phoenix [AI3] [PVP1] [Unupgraded] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37679.msg473723#msg473723
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 03:38:14 pm »
Tried it with one less PU and deflag and added two aether pends. I guess it runs slightly more smoothly at the start being able to send out phoenixes and PU earlier.

...Do you more often find yourself with empty hands or near full ones?
Neither actually, I may be just getting lucky but in the past 40 games or so I usually have 2-3 cards in my hand, mostly PC or CC. The quanta balance seems pretty okay but then again I may just be getting lucky. In any case this deck is mostly just for the fun of it so yea  ;)

ALilParasite

Re: Thunder Phoenix [AI3] [PVP1] [Unupgraded] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37679.msg474466#msg474466
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 08:44:33 am »
i actually played this against the same person in pvp 1 earlier and it worked quite well against me :P

blarg: duskiller