*Author

Offline GlitchTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
The Dragon Garden (Duo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19782.msg250803#msg250803
« on: January 18, 2011, 03:35:49 am »
In the age of Sha'kar, there lived a humble gardener named Zachariah.  Zachariah farmed healing leaves.  He used mighty rays of life to feed his leaf dragons, and then he'd pluck the leaves once the dragons grew fat, adding them to his healing pile.  When something odd happened.  Where there was once one light, there were two!  By some miracle of life, one of his lights had reproduced!  Confused, Zachariah let it live.  Soon, he was overrun by light, flooding his humble garden, and the healing was too much.  He started weaving the leaves into empathic bonds just to keep up with the onslaught.  But now busy weaving and away from the fields, he didn't notice his leaf dragons fully maturing.  He walked in one day and saw a full grown jade dragon roaring above him.  But it didn't attack, it defended.  For, using the power of the bonds, the energy of the light, and the kinship of the leaf dragons, the jade dragon had come to life.  And, much like Zachariah's peculiar Rays of Light, this dragon was breeding...

I humbly present to you, the best EM false god ever made.  EDIT:  Mitostaves is like 20 times better.
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
7ad 7ad 7af 7af 7af 7af 7af 7af 7am 7am 7am 7am 7am 7am 7ap 7ap 7ap 7ap 7ap 7ap 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7k4 7k4 7k4 7k4 8pn

No pillars to make drawing RoL more common.  On a good hand, you need one RoL and one Leaf Dragon.  On a better one, mitosis will be there to.

The massive amounts of healing overcome damage brought on while you combo comes out (you have plenty of time, play it right and you'll out-speed even the fastest gods.  I beat Ferox at his own game.  Honestly, most losses are from deck-out).  Healing overcomes momentum, don't worry about it.  No pillars means no quanta control.  Octane is your only auto-quit, but RoF can really be a pain.

Do not play this deck unless your computer is hella fast.  Lag is not only extremely probable, but it's almost mandatory with this deck.  However, it uses no rares, and can run with only six upgrades.  RoL/Hope just got upgraded.  Bye bye fractal, there's a new kid in town.

Possible adaptations:
Pendulums
Adrenaline
SoR
Heals
Luciferin
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 04:27:23 pm by willng3 »

Mastermind79

Re: The Dragon Garden https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19782.msg250810#msg250810
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 03:45:59 am »
Interesting. Testing and comparing to my own deck now.

EDIT: I think 1 more Jade dragon > Feral is better. Also, clearly better than my version, losing SoGs really makes a difference.

Offline tinkady

• Reputation Power: 4
  • tinkady is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: The Dragon Garden https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19782.msg250821#msg250821
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 04:08:32 am »
too many bonds? idk...this concept looks amazing tho. did you mean as a false god fighter or as a false god? because it looks too susceptible to CC for false gods fighting...

• Legendary Member
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: The Dragon Garden https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19782.msg250822#msg250822
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 04:11:25 am »
too many bonds? idk...this concept looks amazing tho. did you mean as a false god fighter or as a false god? because it looks too susceptible to CC for false gods fighting...
It's a FG fighter.  FGs are too stupid to recognize mitosis'd creatures, meaning they treat a RoL with mitosis as just as much of a threat as a normal RoL.  And if the FG has the power to kill your dragon, be glad it's wasting the spell on the dragon instead of on you.
Honestly, you don't need that many bonds, but there's not a whole lot to replace them with, and drawing an early bond is crucial.

Offline Demagog

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • New to Elements
Re: The Dragon Garden (Duo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19782.msg250835#msg250835
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 04:47:46 am »
It's a nice deck. Beat miracle and destiny with it. Speaking of which, hopefully miracle doesn't keep mitosis in her deck... played a second turn light dragon and mitosised it... scary stuff.

Offline godofdeath500

• Reputation Power: 2
  • godofdeath500 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Only when we lose ourselves, do we find who we are
Re: The Dragon Garden (Duo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19782.msg251241#msg251241
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 06:21:59 pm »
Any god with PC would destroy this, as healing is vital to the deck. Maybe add some PA's to help?
[21:47:33] ‹godofdeath500› 5 years and not a single war.
[21:47:45] ‹godofdeath500› I do not live up to my name.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: The Dragon Garden (Duo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19782.msg251251#msg251251
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 06:30:03 pm »
Any god with PC would destroy this, as healing is vital to the deck. Maybe add some PA's to help?
PC is really only detrimental when you cannot get Hope up; afterwards unless they have Momentum, you're unstoppable.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

H2Owned

Re: The Dragon Garden (Duo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19782.msg251376#msg251376
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 09:41:07 pm »
PC is really only detrimental when you cannot get Hope up; afterwards unless they have Momentum, you're unstoppable.
icwatudidthar

looks like Zachariah gave the dragons some strange type of cancer.

estica

Re: The Dragon Garden (Duo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19782.msg254938#msg254938
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 05:07:02 am »
I'm sorry to tell you this but I've tried this deck and it seemed to me much worse than the RoL Hope deck with fractal and lobo for several reasons:
- with fractal you can keep a RoL in your hand and drop it in the turn you fractal, dropping several RoLs at a time, with this deck your mitosed RoL gets killed all the time.
- mana denial kills this deck (decay, dark matter)
- no lobo means trouble with many gods (osiris, FQ, Incarnate...)
- it much harder (if not impossible) to ambush gods with miracle

don't mean to trash your deck, it has a cool story and all
I'm just trying to find out how mitosis can be better that fractal and i don't see many advantages (except life rush decks)

• Legendary Member
Re: The Dragon Garden (Duo) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19782.msg254953#msg254953
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 05:34:59 am »
I'm sorry to tell you this but I've tried this deck and it seemed to me much worse than the RoL Hope deck with fractal and lobo for several reasons:
- with fractal you can keep a RoL in your hand and drop it in the turn you fractal, dropping several RoLs at a time, with this deck your mitosed RoL gets killed all the time.
- mana denial kills this deck (decay, dark matter)
- no lobo means trouble with many gods (osiris, FQ, Incarnate...)
- it much harder (if not impossible) to ambush gods with miracle

don't mean to trash your deck, it has a cool story and all
I'm just trying to find out how mitosis can be better that fractal and i don't see many advantages (except life rush decks)
I see your point, and it's a fair point.

First off, this was made before Zanz updated the code, I now believe the AI targets Mitosis with high priority.
Secondly, while the AI will kill the creature, I've found that with knowledge of the opponent's deck, you can avoid CC, at least until you get enough RoL to survive.
Does mana denial really hurt it that badly?  It gets quite a significant amount of quanta late game.
I understand it's harder to ambush gods with miracle, it's one of the problems the deck has.

Why I think this deck is superior to RoL/Hope is that it no longer needs rares.  Six upgrades and you're good to go.

anything
blarg: Glitch