*Author

Offline TerrokingTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The best practice is experience.
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Earth2nd Trials - Master of Earth1st Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2010 2nd Place9th Tournament 1st PlaceDesign A Quest 1st PlaceSS competition #1 2ndHalfblood Recruiter
Re: Terro's Pesty FG Deck! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6020.msg61744#msg61744
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 03:40:25 pm »
It CAN beat Decay. So can speed poison beat Scorpio :P
Not really, since Scorpio has Purify :P

my first play with a slightly altered version of the deck
(2x Improved Steal instead of 2x Improved Dusk)
was a fat mastery over Rainbow, when we both had a good start.
next win was versus Dark Matter, who despite his own draining efforts,
kept being negated playing anything over 3-4 quanta till death...
more and more wins coming.

I absolutely love this deck. thanks, Terror!
to the skeptics; try the deck first and then form an opinion. 

about the Steals;
I kinda find Dusk useless since if the game is going right, you've got the Vampires making up the damage
and the Pests denying anything that could possibly change the outcome.
Steal, on the other hand, even furthers your denial by possibly taking out a weapon (lobo anyone?) an important
permanent (Rainbow's hourglass) or even if the god is low on towers. (rare gravity towers of Gemini for example)
I was considering that, although Dusks have saved me many times over. I've lost numerous games though due to a very early Diamond Shield/Lobo, so Steal is definitely a viable option over the shields.
Im adding 2 steals to this, for permanant control and 2 give you 2 turns to not deck out.
You shouldn't ever deck out with this deck, since even if one Miracle comes out you should be able to make sure that another one won't, and Fractal'd vamps take down 200 hp very quickly.
Quanta denial, I suspect. This deck is wicked, but I assume it can only denial the gods successfully on a VERY good draw.
It's not so much the draw. I'm looking in the direction of the possibility of the results of games being rather highly dependent on the outcome of the coin toss.
It's actually a lot more balanced than it looks, and the fact that there are 4 Pests and 4 Fractals ensures one of each early, then every other non-tower card has at least 2 copies, so they should be able to come out before the slowed god can finish you off.

well from my first match ive come to the conclusion that fighting decay is a bad idea.
That's very likely, and he did have a pretty bad draw. Although since he has so few Aether Towers your pests can usually get out before his, so his Fractals become dead cards.
I ask nothing of humanity but fairness in all things, but I do not expect even that.

• Legendary Member
  • Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Earth2nd Trials - Master of Earth1st Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2010 2nd Place9th Tournament 1st PlaceDesign A Quest 1st PlaceSS competition #1 2ndHalfblood Recruiter
Re: Terro's Pesty FG Deck! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6020.msg61769#msg61769
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 04:27:05 pm »
Beat Decay the 2nd time xdude :P
I ask nothing of humanity but fairness in all things, but I do not expect even that.

Wisemage

Re: Terro's Pesty FG Deck! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6020.msg61778#msg61778
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2010, 04:53:21 pm »
palyed 10 games, lost 9 won 1.  the win was agaisnt scorpio and it was because i got a really good hand

bojengles77

Re: Terro's Pesty FG Deck! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6020.msg61787#msg61787
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2010, 05:08:17 pm »
I beat Decay with this in my first game on trainer  8).. given i did then proceed to lose the next 4 games, i managed to get enough help from my Dusk and play some good siphon lifes to fend off our back and forth quantum stealing. I like the deck for sure, though i think the two steals are definitely a viable option, maybe even one of each.. we'll see.

• Legendary Member
Re: Terro's Pesty FG Deck! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6020.msg61933#msg61933
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2010, 09:35:50 pm »
Updated the first post. Steals in place of Siphons.

palyed 10 games, lost 9 won 1.  the win was agaisnt scorpio and it was because i got a really good hand

That... Shouldn't happen.

Traumeister

Re: Terro's Pesty FG Deck! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6020.msg62014#msg62014
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2010, 01:45:50 am »
I wont go into detail or anything ,(Shut up, I'm busy) but I have had moderate success using this deck. If you don't get a good hand right off-the-bat, you'll almost always lose, with that in mind, you can just leave if you don't get a decent hand. Not a deck to be used by those who care about their score.

PuppyChow

Re: Terro's Pesty FG Deck! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6020.msg62022#msg62022
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2010, 02:42:34 am »
I just played a few games with the deck. I don't know if I got really bad draws (maybe I did), but it didn't go well.

Lost - Neptune
Lost - Dream Catcher
Won - Incarnate
Lost - Morte
Lost - Hermes
Lost - Octane
Lost - Destiny
Lost - Rainbow
Lost - Dark Matter
Lost - Graviton
Lost - Hermes

In my experience, the problem was that FIRST, you needed a pest, a fractal, and quantum FOR that fractal. And even if you manage to get that relatively early, you usually can only play a few pests and FGs have lots of towers, so you can't deny them. They get a nice amount of damage out, and since you only have two vampires in the deck you don't draw them. Oh and then you need ANOTHER fractal for the vampire or else you die. All in all, to get set up, you need to draw 1/4 pests, 2/4 fractals, 1/2 vampires, and 2/5 aether towers since you need to get those fractals out really fast. All in a few turns. And a dark tower to play a pest. Not very good odds, imo. Unless I'm not playing it right?

assassim

Re: Terro's Pesty FG Deck! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6020.msg62032#msg62032
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2010, 03:06:54 am »
Have you considered adding any sogs to this deck to help you in early game? Also a phase shield or two could buy you enough time to get your board set.

unionruler

Re: Terro's Pesty FG Deck! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6020.msg62093#msg62093
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2010, 06:09:55 am »
Have you considered adding any sogs to this deck to help you in early game? Also a phase shield or two could buy you enough time to get your board set.
SoGs don't really fit the strategy since the healing is supposed to come from vamps. Dunno about a phase shield.

I just played a few games with the deck. I don't know if I got really bad draws (maybe I did), but it didn't go well.

Lost - Neptune
Lost - Dream Catcher
Won - Incarnate
Lost - Morte
Lost - Hermes
Lost - Octane
Lost - Destiny
Lost - Rainbow
Lost - Dark Matter
Lost - Graviton
Lost - Hermes

In my experience, the problem was that FIRST, you needed a pest, a fractal, and quantum FOR that fractal. And even if you manage to get that relatively early, you usually can only play a few pests and FGs have lots of towers, so you can't deny them. They get a nice amount of damage out, and since you only have two vampires in the deck you don't draw them. Oh and then you need ANOTHER fractal for the vampire or else you die. All in all, to get set up, you need to draw 1/4 pests, 2/4 fractals, 1/2 vampires, and 2/5 aether towers since you need to get those fractals out really fast. All in a few turns. And a dark tower to play a pest. Not very good odds, imo. Unless I'm not playing it right?
Not very good odds, but the deck ratios are already near their optimum I believe it's hard to calibrate the deck any further. Results shouldn't be that bad i got 3-5 with 1 em in trainer.

breach

Re: Terro's Pesty FG Deck! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6020.msg62106#msg62106
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2010, 06:30:33 am »
I'd say I win cca. 2 out of 5 matches.
do mind it was in real game, and not trainer.

• Legendary Member
Re: Terro's Pesty FG Deck! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6020.msg62217#msg62217
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2010, 03:00:36 pm »
SoGs don't really fit the strategy since the healing is supposed to come from vamps. Dunno about a phase shield.

Lost - Neptune
Lost - Dream Catcher
Won - Incarnate
Lost - Morte
Lost - Hermes
Lost - Octane
Lost - Destiny
Lost - Rainbow
Lost - Dark Matter
Lost - Graviton
Lost - Hermes

Not very good odds, but the deck ratios are already near their optimum I believe it's hard to calibrate the deck any further. Results shouldn't be that bad i got 3-5 with 1 em in trainer.
The Phase Shield is viable, but there aren't enough Aether Towers to get them out Early game because you lose a Fractal that has to come out. Letting the FG get more Towers and creatures out is a bad idea.

The Vamps will almost always be better than SoGs, since they can take your precious Aether quanta. Also, they can't be Fractal'd in a pinch.

Puppy, that also shouldn't happen, although Rainbow, Graviton, and Dream Catcher make up the nera-impossible 4 along with Chaos Lord.

Destiny is usually relatively easy as long as you can get enough Pests out, Stealing an HG+Tower works well too. I've only lost to Octane/Morte when I couldn't draw Pest or Fractal, and the rest are very beatable if you can Fractal.

There are problems, as there will be in any deck with 2 types of pillars, but You should almost always get at least 1 of each Tower and both Pest and Fractal before you need to use them. The goal was to Design a non-rainbow FG killer that worked better than RoL+Hope+Fractal and didn't use SoGs. Personally, I think I succeeded.

ChinFire

Re: Terro's Pesty FG Deck! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6020.msg62242#msg62242
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2010, 03:54:50 pm »

Lost - Neptune
Lost - Dream Catcher
Won - Incarnate
Lost - Morte
Lost - Hermes
Lost - Octane
Lost - Destiny
Lost - Rainbow
Lost - Dark Matter
Lost - Graviton
Lost - Hermes

I agree with Puppychow... I played like 10 games and lost all my match... And I was far away from winning any match... (maybe i'm too stupid for this deck)

anything
blarg: