*Author

Offline DandyTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Dandy is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Antlion used burrow! It's not very effective!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Spirit of the Frog [Water/Life] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36059.msg455117#msg455117
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 01:49:33 am »
Wow...thanks for all the feedback...sheesh! As far as the comments go, I agree. After a lot of testing at this point, this deck is more fun than efficient. It doesn't win battles quickly enough to be a grinder, and it can be taken out easily by a well timed shield. Ice Shields would be a neat addition, I'm just worried about a steal, as this could completely dismantle the deck, if I give it to an opponent using dark. As of now, I've taken out one pendulum and added in a druidic staff.
Erm...um...yeah...

Re: Spirit of the Frog [Water/Life] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36059.msg455129#msg455129
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 02:14:24 am »
"you could try switching some of the creatures for cards like Arctic Squid"

As Arctic squids are hard to come by, would blue crawlers be a viable option, for more adrenaline targets?

Once again, thanks again, you guys! I can't believe all the attention this is getting! Thanks so much!
Erm...um...yeah...

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Spirit of the Frog [Water/Life] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36059.msg455188#msg455188
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 04:26:53 am »
"you could try switching some of the creatures for cards like Arctic Squid"

As Arctic squids are hard to come by, would blue crawlers be a viable option, for more adrenaline targets?

Once again, thanks again, you guys! I can't believe all the attention this is getting! Thanks so much!
Yup. 3 atk from crawlers with adrenaline would quadruple their damage output.

mozzery

Re: Spirit of the Frog [Water/Life] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36059.msg457608#msg457608
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 05:34:07 pm »
I just decided to use this deck when I got water nymph as my oracle for the day.  It's a bronze league deck with either 175 health or 125 health and a double water mark.  Think it's got a shot at doing OK?  Also, anyone have an opinion on which of the two you would prefer to have for this particular deck, the 175 HP or 125 and double water mark?

Re: Spirit of the Frog [Water/Life] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36059.msg458011#msg458011
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 11:32:22 pm »
As far as an arena deck goes, this is probably too slow to be competitive. It's exceedingly vulnerable to CC and has no way to combat pesky shields. If you insist on using the deck for the arena, I would think that the double water mark might be helpful, but I'm not entirely sure. Since you're using the actual nymphs your water quanta use will be much, much, higher than the original, so I really don't know. I would suggest inputting your deck code into the quanta index calculator to get a ball park of whether you need more water quanta. I believe that there is a link to it earlier in the thread in the "trials analysis" post.
Erm...um...yeah...

mozzery

Re: Spirit of the Frog [Water/Life] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36059.msg458116#msg458116
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2012, 05:42:55 am »
As far as an arena deck goes, this is probably too slow to be competitive. It's exceedingly vulnerable to CC and has no way to combat pesky shields. If you insist on using the deck for the arena, I would think that the double water mark might be helpful, but I'm not entirely sure. Since you're using the actual nymphs your water quanta use will be much, much, higher than the original, so I really don't know. I would suggest inputting your deck code into the quanta index calculator to get a ball park of whether you need more water quanta. I believe that there is a link to it earlier in the thread in the "trials analysis" post.
Just letting you know that I decided to follow through and make it an arena deck, (I'm still bronze level, and my other arena decks were pretty bad, and I got water nymph as I said, so I figured I might as well).  I did the single water mark with 175 health, (now 173 cause it's age 1 day), and it's results haven't been as bad as you might think.  It went 16-16 before losing 3 in a row to drop to 16-19 and a rating of positive 13.   Just figured I'd let you know that it performed at a decent level when people didn't have CC/shields, (I'm guessing that's when it would have performed).  I beat it in testing with a mono aether unupped deck with only one lobo and no other rare cards, so it's weakness to shields is obvious, but not everyone goes into bronze prepared for such a deck I guess.

Offline Sevs

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • My favorite element is Oxygen
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Spirit of the Frog [Water/Life] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36059.msg458123#msg458123
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2012, 06:19:50 am »
Bar in War#3 i tried to make a deck like this for team underworld

by Sevs
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5bu 5bu 5bu 5c1 5c1 5c1 5c8 5c8 5c8 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5i6 5i6 5i6 5i9 5i9 5ig 5ig 5ig 8pp

The deck is a lot of fun and i think -3 frogs to +3 blue crawlers helps the quantum balance a bit
"Elements is the greatest game ever made" - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Spirit of the Frog [Water/Life] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36059.msg458419#msg458419
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2012, 02:48:55 am »
Bar in War#3 i tried to make a deck like this for team underworld

5bu 5bu 5bu 5c1 5c1 5c1 5c8 5c8 5c8 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5i6 5i6 5i6 5i9 5i9 5ig 5ig 5ig 8pp

The deck is a lot of fun and i think -3 frogs to +3 blue crawlers helps the quantum balance a bit
Very interesting variation! The reason why I didn't incorporate scorps in the first place, was because I was a bit worried about the quanta consumption--I was going for no more than 2 at the time. Since then, I took out a spirit and a frog for two crawlers , to balance it out a bit better.  Scorpions may be a much more viable option than I had initially thought, especially since testing seems to have indicated that the quanta production is a bit more than the deck needs. I like the use of the ice shield, as it offers a lot more of a defensive capability to the deck--I mean, come on, it's such an awesome shield, right?--but I'm hesitant to incorporate them, as they are especially dangerous to the forest spirits if stolen. I kind of like the idea of no permanents, but the pendulums--or pillars depending on if you modify it's structure--so that PC does not harm it so much, as it's so CC vulnerable already. The only permanent I've added--besides the means for gaining quanta, that is--is a druid's staff once I had won one. This seemed to give it just a little more survivability.

All in all, I've stopped using this deck for the time being, as I'm focused on farming gods and building a decent upgraded AI3 farmer and upgraded arena farmer. Maybe once I've gotten these decks, I'll experiment with the idea a little more. After all, if I have the patience to craft an upgraded version, incorporating some adrenaline with an animate weapon on a jade staff, might really give it some more durability. Of course, if it were completely upgraded, the frogs would have to go...maybe then, I'd incorporate some forest scorpions. ;-)
Erm...um...yeah...

Re: Spirit of the Frog [Water/Life] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36059.msg463825#msg463825
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2012, 09:59:59 pm »
I just lost to an upgraded version of my own deck in the gold arena...which was strangely satisfying!  :))
Erm...um...yeah...

Re: Spirit of the Frog [Water/Life] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36059.msg468780#msg468780
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2012, 05:23:47 pm »
The upped version of this deck:

5bu 5bu 5bu 5i6 5i6 5i6 7ah 7ah 7ah 7ao 7ao 7ao 7b0 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7gp 7gp 7h0 7h0 8pp

If you don't have a nymph (life or green) add another nymphs tears.

Order of upping:

Perma-shields
Spectres
Scorpions
Nymph
Nymphs Tears
Pendulums

*NEVER UP THE HORNED FROGS OR BLUE CRAWLERS*

Perhaps add some epinephrine if you want...

*HAS NOT BEEN TESTED YET, I WILL TRY THIS SOME TIME SOON, BUT I PROMISE NOTHING*

Re: Spirit of the Frog [Water/Life] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36059.msg470511#msg470511
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 09:02:20 pm »
Tried using this deck, but it needs some heal power. Add some SoG's so it looks like this to win more.
5bu 5bu 5bu 5i6 5i6 5i6 6rn 6rn 6rn 7ah 7ah 7ah 7ao 7ao 7ao 7b0 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7gp 7gp 7h0 7h0 8pp

Offline omegareaper7

• Reputation Power: 21
  • omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
Re: Spirit of the Frog [Water/Life] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36059.msg470514#msg470514
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2012, 09:19:21 pm »
Tried using this deck, but it needs some heal power. Add some SoG's so it looks like this to win more.
5bu 5bu 5bu 5i6 5i6 5i6 6rn 6rn 6rn 7ah 7ah 7ah 7ao 7ao 7ao 7b0 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7gp 7gp 7h0 7h0 8pp

heals are far more efficient.
Youtube.com/user/thefatcatsofray New youtube channel for videos of sorts.
Each and every imagination of the human mind is a possibility in the physical reality. - William D. Catherine
"We will either find a way, or make one!" Hannibal

blarg: Sevs,Dandy,Dragon Trainer,omegareaper7