*Author

omgarm

Grav/Water AI3 deck. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6222.msg63924#msg63924
« on: May 05, 2010, 05:52:02 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4t5 55q 55q 55q 55q 55q 55q 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i6 5i6 5i6 5i6 5i6 5i6 5id 5id 5id 5id 8pl

Duo deck for the master's challenge. I like AI3 speed decks and absolutely hate shields. Since the thorn upgrade has been added I prefer adding momentum to my decks (or steal the cards). For AI3 momentum is better since it adds more damage. Strategy is play everything you can and momentum the dragons. They get stopped by gravity shields and thus benefit more. There are 6 momentum cards and only 4 dragons so if you don't have any out yet you use them on your crawlers. Hammer for weapon because it's cheap.

Upgraded:

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6rl 74a 74a 74a 74a 74a 74a 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gm 7gm 7gm 7gm 7gm 7gm 7gt 7gt 7gt 7gt 7gt 8pl

-1 Pillar +1 dragon. Dragons now have 5 health instead of 6 so versus gravity opponents you use momentum on the crawlers. This is important since the entire point of the unstoppables is to get past the shields.

You might wonder why I went with unstoppable instead of something else, but I find that the +1/+1 is cheap enough to speed up the deck. Not the fastest, but an interesting deck that works with ease. Gavel is an amazing weapon for it's cost.

Edit: If you're using the upgraded version you can just as easily switch out the crawlers for pufferfishes. These speed up the deck more than anything, but it would be too much of a change for me to consider this the same deck.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 04:44:30 am by willng3 »

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Grav/Water AI3 deck. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6222.msg64122#msg64122
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 10:48:09 pm »
Not bad.  The damage rate isn't quite good enough to really stomp AI3s easily; an addition to the obvious loss to the AI3 with Maxwell's and Steal, I lost quite harshly to the Blessing/Pegasus AI3 and the FFQ AI3 both of which straight outdamaged me. 

I played the same deck with Gravity Pull instead of Momentum, and won slightly more often, but shields were annoying. Maybe 50/50? :)
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

omgarm

Re: Grav/Water AI3 deck. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6222.msg66274#msg66274
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 11:28:04 am »
I haven't had issues with being outdamaged, but gravity pull would be good to get rid of some pesky creatures. Momentum ignores it though so I don't really like the mix, but haven't tried it as said :P

FFQ AI3 can be really tough. She outdamaged an immolation/nova speed deck I had multiple times. With a regular draw it should be more than possible though.

Offline Wardead

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
Re: Grav/Water AI3 deck. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6222.msg66498#msg66498
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 08:22:13 pm »
Gravity and Water doesn't make a good duo. It is more like trying to combine Elements which have no synergys.

Re: Grav/Water AI3 deck. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6222.msg66764#msg66764
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 04:20:01 am »
I would guess it's more about these are the cards he has or the ones he likes. 

But if someone was going to build a new deck from scratch, Life does pretty much everything Water is doing in this deck better.  You lose 2 damage per dragon for the same cost, but gain only lose 1 damage on giant frogs vs. abyss crawlers and they cost 3 less each. 

blarg: