*Author

Offline GandoraTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Frozen Army https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35832.msg450843#msg450843
« on: January 20, 2012, 07:51:48 pm »
This deck is faster than it looks ;)

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 746 746 746 746 746 746 748 748 748 74h 74h 74h 74h 7gn 7gn 7gn 7gn 7gn 7gn 8pp

The strategy is obvious:
Play armagios, use them to stall or catapult them. Doesn't really matter if frozen or not.
If enough :gravity use dragon's to attack and/or catapult them too. You can decide depending on
the situation how to play this deck. Attack with dragons and stall with armagios, or just throw
everything you have, wait or wait not for congeal. I think a 30 HP creature does 24 dmg and with congeal 35.
Of 20 games only two lasted more than 9 turns.

Suggestions/Criticism (as always) appreciated :)
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Frozen Army https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35832.msg450994#msg450994
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 03:41:52 am »
Tested your deck out a bit. Certainly a very fast and fun deck. The main problem I encountered with your deck is that...it's not really extremely reliable. Your :gravity cards cost a bunch, and you only have 11 towers. I'd say take out a trebuchet or massive dragon for towers. That leads to my second problem, You only have 6 armagios and 3 dragons as your damage dealers. If they somehow get killed or RT'd or whatevered, your damage output is cut off greatly. If you go up against healing or anything that stalls like that, you'll be in trouble. You'll also be in trouble if you're being rushed, although that might've been just me who doesn't know how to use this deck properly.

• Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
Re: Frozen Army https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35832.msg451056#msg451056
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 09:33:47 am »
I'm not used to play this kind of deck neither ;)
Replacing a Trebuchet for a tower could be a good idea, as sometimes you really need more :gravity.
Regarding the CC problem:
RT isn't a too big problem in my opinion. If you got a good draw and you can catapult 4 or 5 creatures quickly you win.
Also a dragon may help for a finishing atk. Playing more armagios at once can help to use the remaining ones as stalls.
Without gravity pull. to me, it seems unlikely that an armagio/dragon gets killed.
Against heal it's difficult. You'd need 3 Trebuchet, 3 Creatures and 3 Freeze to do a 1-turn-kill. (100 Hp opponent)
And yes, rush can be difficult. If possible, wait until you can play some armagios, stall with them and try to kill him with
dragons (you can catapult when enough dmg is done) before your armagios are gone. (problem is, that you need to save a lot of :gravity to do all this).

In the end, not every deck works against everything, but I think this deck has some flexibility to deal with a certain amount of situations/opponents. :)
Thanks a lot for your testing and feedback :) I'll see if something comes to mind to improve it :D

Offline rickerd

• Reputation Power: 11
  • rickerd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.rickerd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Close to lvl 70
Re: Frozen Army https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35832.msg451066#msg451066
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 12:08:53 pm »
I should hold the 4 Trebuchets cos I think it will get trouble with PC, and i you don't use your congeal as CC it can be outrushed too
If you're weak, then run, but toward your enemy

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Frozen Army https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35832.msg451958#msg451958
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 07:02:04 pm »
***TRIALS RESPONSE***

‘Dat Gravity. The deck is interesting, and is certainly “faster” than it looks, due to the awesome Congeal trebuchet combo! But it can be worked on a bit. Like said before on this thread, it’s kind of.. “low” in Gravity quanta, which makes me worried about  setting off a bit too late, though it is already fast. Generally your idea is to use Armagios to catapult with frozen, along with dragons. The 3 Massive Dragons, as I see it, are there to complete the deck with more catapult fodder or raw damage potential. But they are rather costly. So I came to the conclusion that Chargers may be a better idea.

Why, you ask? Well, it’s actually pretty simple. The chargers have a measly 5 cost for a total of 7 attack, making them a great mid-range attacker. Further on, the Chargers have Momentum to ignore shields (Yeah I know you using Cata, but hey, that also helps when choosing the creature.) On a cheap Cost-Attack ratio that means it’s fairly easy to get them out together (or before, if you’re lacking that Trebuchet in hand) with the Armagio. Further on, that also makes it so the remaining Armagios can be used to make the deck stall a bit more if you’re facing a rush too. Not only that, but even the Congeals can be used on your opponent as stall now, more safely than before, since you won’t have worry about the excessive quanta output nor about not dealing enough damage in case you don’t draw a dragon in time /able to cata it or play it in time.
I’m not sure that the quanta balance is 100%  fixed; nor that you had many quanta issues to begin with,  (Quanta Index says you had 6.44) but this version takes more advantage of the low cost cards and quicker damage output, for sure.  The modification is so simple I’m surprised it wasn’t made. (The QI with chargers is down to a healthy  5.08.)

744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 745 745 745 746 746 746 746 746 746 74h 74h 74h 74h 7gn 7gn 7gn 7gn 7gn 7gn 8pp

Re: Frozen Army https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35832.msg452157#msg452157
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 02:26:05 am »
***TRIALS RESPONSE***

‘Dat Gravity. The deck is interesting, and is certainly “faster” than it looks, due to the awesome Congeal trebuchet combo! But it can be worked on a bit. Like said before on this thread, it’s kind of.. “low” in Gravity quanta, which makes me worried about  setting off a bit too late, though it is already fast. Generally your idea is to use Armagios to catapult with frozen, along with dragons. The 3 Massive Dragons, as I see it, are there to complete the deck with more catapult fodder or raw damage potential. But they are rather costly. So I came to the conclusion that Chargers may be a better idea.

Why, you ask? Well, it’s actually pretty simple. The chargers have a measly 5 cost for a total of 7 attack, making them a great mid-range attacker. Further on, the Chargers have Momentum to ignore shields (Yeah I know you using Cata, but hey, that also helps when choosing the creature.) On a cheap Cost-Attack ratio that means it’s fairly easy to get them out together (or before, if you’re lacking that Trebuchet in hand) with the Armagio. Further on, that also makes it so the remaining Armagios can be used to make the deck stall a bit more if you’re facing a rush too. Not only that, but even the Congeals can be used on your opponent as stall now, more safely than before, since you won’t have worry about the excessive quanta output nor about not dealing enough damage in case you don’t draw a dragon in time /able to cata it or play it in time.
I’m not sure that the quanta balance is 100%  fixed; nor that you had many quanta issues to begin with,  (Quanta Index says you had 6.44) but this version takes more advantage of the low cost cards and quicker damage output, for sure.  The modification is so simple I’m surprised it wasn’t made. (The QI with chargers is down to a healthy  5.08.)

744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 745 745 745 746 746 746 746 746 746 74h 74h 74h 74h 7gn 7gn 7gn 7gn 7gn 7gn 8pp

Seems to be my lucky day receiving so many trials responses (how comes I never heard of them before?) :D
Before anything, thanks for this elaborated answer! I always appreciate suggestions especially when I can see that there have been made lots of  thoughts on how to improve the deck.
It's wonderful that you explain in such detail what the problem is/was and how you made it better. I can learn a lot from this. :)
I tried your version and I cannot but to agree with your changes. It works very fluently now and the deck has received more flexibility. Incredible what a simple change can do.

I don't know what to say now as I can't find words. I really thank you for the time you spent on this and I hope that you keep up this engagement of yours. :)

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Frozen Army https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35832.msg452267#msg452267
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 01:33:14 pm »
Thanks ^^

Yeah, I kind of find it funny on gravity how simple changes makes the deck more flexible / faster all around. And simple changes such as 3 cards.

anything
blarg: Gandora,Dm1321