*Author

Offline XinefTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fluttershy's samurai
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Eternal Blessings of Miraculous Scarabs https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5893.msg60261#msg60261
« on: April 28, 2010, 11:18:35 am »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7js 7ju 7jv 7jv 7jv 7jv 7jv 7jv 7k2 7k2 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q5 7q5 7q8 7qa 7qa 7qa 7qa 7qa 7qa 8pl

My attempt at a fast control deck, designed to get rid of all opposing creatures while still dealing some decent damage. Works nicely against AI5, but probably could work in PvP (I'm not sure, I don't have all the cards upped, and I only played a few duels with an unupped version).
Why scarabs? Because they are awesome xD ... but the second reason is that they are cheap, so you can often play one first turn and start eating second turn. Also 6 blessed scarabs deal much more damage than 6 plate armored otyughs, while they can eat pretty much anything anyway.
Eternity and Guardian Angel help against creature control, though scarabs hp is still bugged (I guess it's a bug) so their max HP when you try to heal them does not take swarm (scarabs passive ability) into consideration. But anyway guardian angel helps against eagle eyes, poison etc.
Miracle + Holy Flash are for EM, but also help in tight situations.
Hourglasses help because it's a fast deck and without extra drawing power you might win before drawing Holy Flash, or lose due to not reaching a miracle fast enough etc.

Typical tactics involve:
1) Playing two scarabs at once, not blessing them right away but rather blessing the one that survives until next turn (eg. against lobo, freeze, rewind)
2) Spreading your blessings amongst your scarabs if playing against rewind or other heavy creature control.
3) Rewinding lobotomized or antimattered scarabs, rewinding any creature that can harm your scarabs, until they can eat it.
4) If in tight situation and you have a miracle in hand, wait with blessings so that you have enough :light to play miracle.

Possible modifications: gravity shield, procrastination + SoGs

Why :light + blessings rather than :aether + fractals/PU?
Because blessings give you control faster and help deal with damage reducing shields, also miracles help.

Unupped it can beat AI3, some top50 and some AI5, but much less consistent and without EMs so I would not recommend playing fully unupped (hourglasses and miracles first). Anyway it's cheap and fun (if you prefer playing control rather than aggro, even when grinding AI3).
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5le 5lf 5lf 5lf 5lf 5lf 5lf 5li 5li 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rl 5rl 5ro 5rq 5rq 5rq 5rq 5rq 5rq 8pl

PS.:
That's one of the first original deck ideas I had when I started playing, but I did not post it on the forums then, because I did not find it very effective (completely unupped). Now I'm posting it, a bit modified to be more effective then my first version... and It's my :time trials phase 2 deck.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 08:37:11 pm by willng3 »
May the force of the D4HK side be with U ^_^
:time samurai

Offline Baily18

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Baily18 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Eternal Blessings of Miraculous Scarabs https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5893.msg60554#msg60554
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 10:45:01 pm »
For upped you can take out some light pillars for RoL's for more speed, or scarab fodder.

ramones

Re: Eternal Blessings of Miraculous Scarabs https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5893.msg75548#msg75548
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 12:43:29 am »
Why don't make a deck Fractal/Archangel?
A swarm of 7/7 creature with heal as hability can be very great, doesn't it?

Is this possible??

Offline XinefTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fluttershy's samurai
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Eternal Blessings of Miraculous Scarabs https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5893.msg75782#msg75782
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 08:49:04 am »
Why don't make a deck Fractal/Archangel?
A swarm of 7/7 creature with heal as hability can be very great, doesn't it?

Is this possible??
It is possible, but it would be an entirely different deck...

Maybe you accidentally replied in my thread instead of yaladilae's one?
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,6953.0.html

Anyway, if I were to try such a deck, I'd try fractaling RoLs to get a lot of quanta and a hope shield, then use archangels rather than dragons. They have a better damage/cost ratio than dragons while they still have enough survivability.
May the force of the D4HK side be with U ^_^
:time samurai

blarg: