*Author

Offline GandoraTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Death in new Dimensions. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36810.msg462199#msg462199
« on: February 19, 2012, 02:26:26 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
712 712 712 712 713 713 713 717 71b 71b 71b 71b 71f 71f 80i 80i 80i 80i 81q 81q 81q 81q 81q 81q 81q 81q 81q 81q 81q 81q 8pk

Personally, I think this deck isn't too easy to play. And sadly bad draws are possible.
But still, it's really fun when it works :P

Strategy:
Play pends and/or Soul Catcher. When enough :death play bonewall and/or graveyard.
Fractal Retrovirus ASAP. Power your bonewall and poison every creature your enemy has. I played it most of the time
so that every creature dies within two turns. Keep this play style up until you got enough :death + spider + fractal.
Play spider, fractal it, and play everything you have for a heavy finishing attack.
(I'm still not sure if 3 bonewalls would be enough...)

Criticism and suggestions are as always appreciated :)
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Consectetur Adipiscing Elit
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Death in new Dimensions. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36810.msg462201#msg462201
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 02:33:34 pm »
Fractal Retro? If so, you might want to take best advantage of every death effects.
I suggest changing Boneyard for Soul Catcher, as you can get more damage done by Fractal Spider as the finisher. Also you don't selflock your field.
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

Offline Poker Alho

• Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • flips are overrated
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Death in new Dimensions. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36810.msg462202#msg462202
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 02:48:30 pm »
you could take out some pendulums and add more soul catchers... condor is viable too as a fractal choice before killing your retroviruses... and if you add soul catchers you will have enough quanta to fractal dragons instead of spiders

• Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
Re: Death in new Dimensions. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36810.msg462206#msg462206
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 03:00:54 pm »
Fractal Retro? If so, you might want to take best advantage of every death effects.
I suggest changing Boneyard for Soul Catcher, as you can get more damage done by Fractal Spider as the finisher. Also you don't selflock your field.
never happened so far, but good point! skeletons actually never were very useful except that they waste the enemie's cc and aren't blocked by 1 dmg shields.

you could take out some pendulums and add more soul catchers... condor is viable too as a fractal choice before killing your retroviruses... and if you add soul catchers you will have enough quanta to fractal dragons instead of spiders
i'd rather take out graveyard and bonewall for soulcatcher. Still, I'm not good with quanta balance so you might be right, I have to try it :)
I don't think condor is a good choice. Because everytime I fractal the spider the field most of the time is empty so I don't have retrovirus which could buff the condors well. they might help when I fractaled a virus and then a condor but this gives a huge space before I can continue to kill enemy creatures. I will give it a try though and report how it does :)
hm... 2 spiders do more dmg than one dragon... but most of the time i fractal spiders once... so dragons might be better indeed. I'll try this out too xD

Thanks for suggestions, I'll report how tests went :)

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Consectetur Adipiscing Elit
Re: Death in new Dimensions. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36810.msg462209#msg462209
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 03:41:23 pm »
I officially hate Aether and Gravity.
And Maxwell.

Sometimes slow, sometimes unstable. But when this deck rolls...
Madness?!
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

Offline Mathematistic

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Games are never too easy.
Re: Death in new Dimensions. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36810.msg462210#msg462210
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 03:49:08 pm »
Graveyard is bad, considering how skeletons takes up the creature slots that are originally meant for spiders, while failing to hit hard through DR shields.

Also, is the amount of fractals enough? How about the quanta balance?

Soul catcher might mess up the mulligan, but it shouldn't be much of a worry for a deck with 12 aether pends.
PVE shouldn't be all about copying a deck code and converting time into electrum, score, and potentially rares.
If the only way to derive fun from a game is its PVP content, then non-hardcore players a.k.a. the mass are alienated from the hardcore community.

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Death in new Dimensions. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36810.msg462315#msg462315
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 06:53:27 pm »
Pretty much like DoSA - Fractal Retrovirus (1.26) (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,17967.0.html). This deck is already in the FG achive.

Code: [Select]
6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 711 711 712 712 712 712 712 712 71b 71b 71b 71f 71f 71f 71f 71f 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 80e 80e 80i 80i 80i 80i 80i
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Re: Death in new Dimensions. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36810.msg462350#msg462350
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 07:41:49 pm »
So I tried all your suggestions :)

1. Graveyard is useless ^^
2. 3-4 Soulcatcher are definitely better.
3. You can replace the recluse with condors if you want. I rarely saw a need though to fractal them. Just put 4 of them in the deck and it should be enough.
4. Dragons work too. I'd recommend though to have only two of them and really use them just as a finishing blow. Instead here 4 Soulcatcher are almost a must.
5. I replaced a Bonewall with another pend. Because having 3 Bonewalls in starting hand is annoying and I never had to use more than two actually. Also this way the quanta production (imo) is better and you're almost never tight, except maybe in the beginning with death.

Pretty much like DoSA - Fractal Retrovirus (1.26) (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,17967.0.html). This deck is already in the FG achive.

Code: [Select]
6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 711 711 712 712 712 712 712 712 71b 71b 71b 71f 71f 71f 71f 71f 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 80e 80e 80i 80i 80i 80i 80i
damn... i totally forgot about this. I've seen it ages ago. Interesting idea to power :death completely by Soulcatcher. I might give it a try.
Thanks for reminding me. I used the search function but I haven't got any hits. Oh well... I'll search on a new :aether + :death combo then :)

Offline burpcow

• Reputation Power: 5
  • burpcow is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • the duck has struck
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Death in new Dimensions. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36810.msg462596#msg462596
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 06:52:23 am »
You're gonna have a lot of death quanta, so I would switch out the recluses for dragons like DoSA.

AnimationX

Re: Death in new Dimensions. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36810.msg462937#msg462937
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 01:45:05 am »
Is the point to get as much damage as possible or to control?
If it's the first option, try using unupgraded virus as they cost only 1 :death

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Death in new Dimensions. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36810.msg462945#msg462945
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 02:23:32 am »
Is the point to get as much damage as possible or to control?
If it's the first option, try using unupgraded virus as they cost only 1 :death
Control first, then damage. That's the reason of the retros. And with many SC, as DoSa, you have enough quanta to play 15 dragons.
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

blarg: Gandora