*Author

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Oracle : Dream Catcher https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9594.msg183232#msg183232
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2010, 02:06:11 am »
hm....what are DreamCatcher's major points?

1. Idiotic AI. It will antimatter cells because they see it as a threat. You get lockdown and free healing all at once :)
2. It's main strategy is to BE creatures for PC. You can use lobo or mind flayer on these creatures and remove a major threat.
3. Lack of powerful damage. This is something he doesn't have much of, especially when combined with a shield like Ice or Thorn.

Also, using PC to remove discords and using only a few creatures to clog it's hand (lots of CC) would also hinder him slightly.

Just a few points for anyone attempting to fully make an unupped deck :)
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline majofaTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Oracle : Dream Catcher https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9594.msg183370#msg183370
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2010, 06:34:15 am »
Those are some good points, I'll try a deck based around them.

Offline kurathedog

• Reputation Power: 2
  • kurathedog is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Oracle : Dream Catcher https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9594.msg184056#msg184056
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2010, 01:06:51 am »
Aflatoxin + Protected Diamond shield.
RT solves the BE, but that borders on rainbow, which is hard to run unupped.
The only things he has that can get past a PA diamond are his 2 lycans, 2 physilias, and 4 discords.

Offline majofaTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Oracle : Dream Catcher https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9594.msg193067#msg193067
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2010, 07:10:46 am »
Updated with a deck.

Zubon

Re: Oracle : Dream Catcher https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9594.msg199724#msg199724
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 10:37:14 pm »
Never drew a single Druidic Staff.  I have my suspicions against the randomization in this game sometimes.

Ecrilon

Re: Oracle : Dream Catcher https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9594.msg214905#msg214905
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 08:10:51 am »
Code: [Select]
52s 52s 52s 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58s 58s 58s 58s 58s 58s 58u 58u 58u 58u 592 592 592 592 592 592 594 594 594 594 594 594 5c6 5c6 5c6 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5ia 5iaFully unupped, deck him out for great justice? A word of warning: Don't Aflatoxin his field (Unless you have more cards). Aflatoxin your riders instead. You're going to power your PA Bonds. Don't play your rider without Aflatoxin immediately if he has a Nymph on the field. You want to draw CC from his hand so he decks out faster. Purify is powered by Discord. Deck could probably use modification, maybe trimming, but you know, it's unupped.
You want to protect in this order: Shield, if he has BE on the field (We all know he does). Pendulums in early game. At least one Bond. Pillars. The other Bonds.

kobisjeruk

Re: Oracle : Dream Catcher https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9594.msg214916#msg214916
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2010, 08:41:44 am »
Updated with a deck.
highly ineffective
early discord ruins the deck completely, worst if he manage to play a couple of pest (or BH or combination of both) before you get a jade shield in play

Offline Polari

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Polari is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Oracle : Dream Catcher https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9594.msg252541#msg252541
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2011, 02:05:02 pm »
I just tried the upped deck in the first post. Drew 6 towers, all supernovas, two shards, all quints and nothing else before losing. Clearly we have to conclude that the deck sucks.

edit - Yes, I happened to have a deck of 33 upped cards lying around without needing to buy anything for it, and the thing that finally made me bother registering to the forums was complaining about a bad beat. This probably isn't making me look very good.

edit2 - easy EM the second time

Offline Jappert

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: Oracle : Dream Catcher https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9594.msg273156#msg273156
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2011, 08:36:13 am »
Same story here but different.

I tried the rainbow in the first post, he got a butterfly abom 2nd/3rd turn. I didn't get a shield, he spammed creatures, pretty much GG. Got 2 Morning Glories, all 4 SoG's (wich get destroyed ofc), 2 Otyughs with no quint and one hourglass.

No shield was the thing that killed me though... Guess it's just as bad draw this time.

Offline TheManuz

• Reputation Power: 18
  • TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeVictor of the 2nd Card Design WarMS Master Painter #5The First Prophet
Re: Oracle : Dream Catcher https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9594.msg278594#msg278594
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2011, 10:37:37 pm »
61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61s 61s 61s 61s 61s 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 61u 61u 61u 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn
I did an unupped (excluding shards) version of this and nearly EM'd him. I got lucky because I had lobotomizer in my starting hand and enough pillars and pendulums to power it while still being able to play other cards. And DC didn't get to quint any of his BE abominations. :D
I tried this deck, but i must sadly say that it does not work.
The reason is simple, let me explain:
I got a lobotomizer down on the second turn, so the opening hand was good.
But, if Dreamcatcher has a creature on the field from more than one turn, and then he cast Butterfly Effect on it, he can use the effect.
So, the scenario was: i cast a dimensional shield, DC cast a butterfly effect and destroy my shield, then i lobotomize the creature with butterfly effect. This happened many times, and i was almost defenseless.
The final hit happened when another dimensional shield is gone, i got struck by Discord, so i lost quanta and i cannot play another shield.
I'm sad!!!  :(

Offline Rastafla

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Tournament Guru "I'm too old for this sh-"
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner24 Club (cost 24+ cards during War auction)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Oracle : Dream Catcher https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9594.msg279562#msg279562
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2011, 11:26:19 am »
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 71c 71c 71c 77f 77f 7ai 7ak 7ak 7ak 7dq 7dq 7q5 7q5 80h 80h 80i
The backstory of the deck was simply that i got a perfect lock with my CCWB version due to the afla and jade, so i isolated those factors and threw in the golem for an easy win condition.
So currently this is what I've been using vs DC since I first got CCWB, though EMs are rare due to poison and slow healing, his own antimattered cells basically locks you in place midgame and your quinted golem kills him.

I cant remember a single loss but that sounds inherently wrong to me so lets say I've lost once or twice with it. 2 black holes early is certainly possible and no supernovas to instantly get a jade out.

Sometimes ive added a golem+quint and removed the fractal too but somehow it feels wrong.
I feel naked without the fractal and ive had one hilarious round where i got off a fractal and drained him Decay style for a few turns.

In game name & Chat nick; Rastafla | Retired Tournament Organizer
Current status: Sways forwards and creeping people out.
"Rasta's greatest weakness as a player is moot because this War will not take place in April." - kevkev60614

wizelsnarf

Re: Oracle : Dream Catcher https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=9594.msg284037#msg284037
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2011, 07:52:59 pm »
Immaterial weapon and shield for damage and defense. Quinted Otyughs to eat all the small creatures. You'll probably have to eat the Physalias to keep the poison damage down. Discord can get scary if he gets it down early, but Super Novas help against it.
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 71c 74b 74b 74b 7ak 7ak 7ak 7k1 7k1 7k2 7q5 7q5 80h 80h 80h
5c5 5c5 5c5 5c5 5c5 7ak 7ak 7an 7an 7an 7an 7an 7n2 7n2 7n2 7n2 7n2 80h 80h 80h 80h 80h 81q 81q 81q 81q 81q 81q 81q 81q

I used your first deck and got decked out. There is no damage in that deck at all and once dream catchers gets a blackhole - there is just no way you can do enough damage.

This deck needs at minimum +1 lava golem

anything
blarg: