*Author

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: The Scrapyard https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24796.msg343361#msg343361
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011, 06:37:35 pm »
I made a card called Recomposer | Recomposer. As soon as the search function works again, i'll put the link here; don't really have the time to look page by page through all the ideas.
This reminds me of a lesser version of Soul Catcher.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: The Scrapyard https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24796.msg343377#msg343377
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2011, 06:55:38 pm »
Flame Archer | Flame Sniper (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,20371.0.html)
I think this card had potential, but I would like to see others' thoughts on it.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
Re: The Scrapyard https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24796.msg343379#msg343379
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2011, 06:57:22 pm »
Flame Archer | Flame Sniper (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,20371.0.html)
I think this card had potential, but I would like to see others' thoughts on it.
Warden kinda took its thunder.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: The Scrapyard https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24796.msg343407#msg343407
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2011, 07:45:31 pm »
I made a card called Recomposer | Recomposer. As soon as the search function works again, i'll put the link here; don't really have the time to look page by page through all the ideas.
You mean this? http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,20922.msg284877#msg284877
Yes. Thank you for finding it.
It reminds you of a lesser version of Soul Catcher or of Soul Catcher itself? If a lesser version, provide link please.

How should it be reworked?
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
Re: The Scrapyard https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24796.msg343572#msg343572
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2011, 12:15:20 am »
It reminds you of a lesser version of Soul Catcher or of Soul Catcher itself? If a lesser version, provide link please.

How should it be reworked?
I meant that Soul Catcher appears to be the best reworking of it I could think of.
It was meant as a quanta engine that converted CC into quanta right? Well using death as a engine is Death's game.

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
The Scrapyard https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24796.msg381232#msg381232
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 02:13:55 pm »
Going to bump this, as I'd like feedback on these two Elemental Weapons:
Oppression | Oppression (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,23902.0.html)
Temporia | Temporia (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,18323.0.html)

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
Re: The Scrapyard https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24796.msg381260#msg381260
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 03:45:36 pm »
Going to bump this, as I'd like feedback on these two Elemental Weapons:
Oppression | Oppression (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,23902.0.html)
Temporia | Temporia (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,18323.0.html)
Oppression's -1hp effect has abnormally large synergy with itself. Weapons are better vehicles for this type of effect than creatures. However Crusader has made this type of effect no longer work on Weapons either. (without a hefty cost increase and forcing the user to abuse the synergy to reach par) Non weapon Permanents still work as vehicles for this type of an effect but internally insuring the effect can't stack might be better.

Temporia's elemental theme is abnormally weak and stretched for a elemental weapon.
It also suffered from being so OP originally that it was written off.
You also assumed the opponent will use DR shields and did not respond (change or explain better) fast enough to the communities attempts at balance.
Finally it had a major metagame change that weakened some major decks. This is a partially irrational reason but still a cause.

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: The Scrapyard https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24796.msg494135#msg494135
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2012, 04:52:00 am »
Forgive the pseudo-necro but I really believe this thread deserves more attention.

I'd like your opinions on why :time Prophecy | Prophecy had a tough time..

I personally thought it was a brilliant card, and I can't say that about all of my cards.

What would you guys have changed? What would have made it better?
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline mildlyfrightenedboy

• Reputation Power: 9
  • mildlyfrightenedboy is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • The Lady of Clockwork
Re: The Scrapyard https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24796.msg494137#msg494137
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2012, 04:59:10 am »
Forgive the pseudo-necro but I really believe this thread deserves more attention.

I personally thought it was a brilliant card, and I can't say that about all of my cards.

It's pretty underwhelming to have your 3 :time and one card be completely wasted simply because a creature wasn't drawn.  Even if a creature is drawn, it basically telegraphs to your opponent a card in your hard.

It's a great idea, but that's all that I can see that might turn people off.
This thing seemed dead inside. It seemed like an automaton, trying to act like as if it was alive. The effect was unsettling.
Orianna made a sound that supposed to a girl's squeal of glee and hugged The Ball. While it might have been touching, it was unfortunately only horrifying.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
Re: The Scrapyard https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24796.msg494143#msg494143
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2012, 05:22:05 am »

It acts like a second weapon with an attack based on the average attack of creatures in your deck * the frequency of creatures relative to non creatures.

It does not scream Time to me. Effects like this tend to be put in more hasty/rash/impatient elements.

Offline mildlyfrightenedboy

• Reputation Power: 9
  • mildlyfrightenedboy is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • The Lady of Clockwork
Re: The Scrapyard https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24796.msg494424#msg494424
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2012, 09:05:27 pm »

It acts like a second weapon

Except... it only lasts one turn.  :/
This thing seemed dead inside. It seemed like an automaton, trying to act like as if it was alive. The effect was unsettling.
Orianna made a sound that supposed to a girl's squeal of glee and hugged The Ball. While it might have been touching, it was unfortunately only horrifying.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
Re: The Scrapyard https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24796.msg494443#msg494443
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2012, 09:32:05 pm »

It acts like a second weapon

Except... it only lasts one turn.  :/
Precisely the problem. It gets 1 effective turn of duration per draw you can induce during that 1 turn. However that is all it does.

anything
blarg: