*Author

Kael Hate

Re: Quantum Mechanic - Brainstorming and Card Design Workshop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5361.msg58070#msg58070
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2010, 02:12:43 pm »
Kael, I posted this before realising what this thread was for, take a look.

http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,5664.0.html
Checked it out. Looks like an idea already built so not really what we want here.

Had another idea. A card that puts a status effect on a stack of pillars.

Imagine the way in which 'Poison' or 'Infect' puts a Poison Counter on a creature, and then that creature loses 1 hit point each turn.
Role
- A card to infect an opponents quanta resources for a benefit

This could work.

So,

1. Quantum Tax // 3. Quantum Theft :: :aether
Target stack of pillars gives you and your opponent quanta, 50/50 split.
Lasts 2 turns?

2. Quantum Haemorrhage :: :fire
Target stack of pillars damages your opponent equal to the amount of quanta it produces.
Lasts 1 turn?

3. Quantum Theft :: :aether
Target stack of pillars gives you quanta instead of your opponent.
Lasts 1 turn? maybe 2?

4. Quantum Regeneration ::  :life
Target stack of pillars heals you equal to the amount of quanta it produces.
Lasts 2 turns?

What do you think?
These look like full ideas. we can pull them apart and see what comes of it tho.

Anh

Re: Quantum Mechanic - Brainstorming and Card Design Workshop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5361.msg58071#msg58071
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2010, 02:17:39 pm »
Oh my misunderstanding Kael. Sorry. How about the following then  :)

Theme:
Pillar Assortment: Switching pillars :entropy
Height of Pillars: Healing related to amount of pillars in play :earth 
Decomposer: Converts dead creatures to Life quantum :life

Role:
A card that gives all your pillars to the opponent and receive an equal amount of pillars in return. :entropy
A spell card that heals you in relation to how many pilars in play.  :earth
A creature card with skill of converting dead creatures to Life quantum. Skill effective when in play. :life

Mechanic:
All your pillars are swap with the opponent N times. (N is number of pillars you hold). :entropy
Activation available only with even amount of pillars in play. Heal you with N amount. (N is number of pillars divided by 2) :earth
Receive N Life quantum from dead creatures. (N is quantum required to play the dead creatures divided by 2) :life

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Quantum Mechanic - Brainstorming and Card Design Workshop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5361.msg58254#msg58254
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2010, 12:20:20 am »
Anh, try to compress your posts into one (copy and paste your second/third post into the first one and delete the latter ones) to avoid spam. ;) It's easier to see a list of ideas via editing rather than space them out one-by-one in separate posts (you've posted three times in a row, when one post with a modified, but complete list would be more organized).

Anyway, I have a few more ideas Kael, so I hope you don't mind. :)

Themes:
-A device that forces quanta (something akin to a syringe) into an elemental
-Consumable objects to receive quanta directly
-A fierce weather pattern/storm ( :aether :air :water) that releases and manipulates quanta and energy
-A Windmill or huge machine (water wheel?) that involves  :air/ :water quanta

Anh

Re: Quantum Mechanic - Brainstorming and Card Design Workshop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5361.msg58357#msg58357
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2010, 05:44:18 am »
Thank you Kuroaitou. I combined all the post but not sure how to delete the other two posts. Can you help me further on how to delete a post? Thank you again.

unionruler

Re: Quantum Mechanic - Brainstorming and Card Design Workshop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5361.msg58373#msg58373
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2010, 06:37:08 am »
ROLE: A card that rebates quanta. For example, (0 cost) when played, any cards you play this turn rebate you one quantum of their element.

MECHANIC: Freezing specified amount of random opponent's quanta ie during your opponent's turn, that amount of quanta will be temporarily removed and returned to him after he ends his turn.

midg3333

Re: Quantum Mechanic - Brainstorming and Card Design Workshop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5361.msg58462#msg58462
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2010, 12:30:24 pm »
I really like the idea of this thread, because if stuff like this is added to the game, it brings in a whole new level of strategy. So, here's my contribution:

Theme:
1)There has been quite a discussion about sacrificing creatures to gain quanta. Why not make a card that sacrifices pillars to gain quanta? It would be a great short term solution, but damage your game on the long term. Not sure what it would be called, but I was thinking maybe a forge, or a power plant of some sort maybe? It would make a cool addition to the "other" cards i think, because they are kinda boring atm  :P

2)an entropy card that performs a mix between the nova effect and the discord effect, so maybe each turn it converts some amount of entropy quanta (maybe a third, or a random amount) into a certain number of random quanta

3)a card that "absorbs" quanta that otherwise would have been produced then releases it later.

4)a card that allows you to go into debt with quanta

Role:
1) it would work as a way for mono decks to get a final burst of quanta when they no longer needed their pillars. It would also allow rainbow decks to get out of some situations where they just need 1 or 2 more of a certain quantum. Prety much a card that can be handy for any type of deck.

2) would provide quanta for mutations without using quantum pillars, adds more randomness to entropy, what more could you want?  :D

3) it would be a risky way of slowing your opponent to speed yourself up (risky because it could backfire -> will explain in mechanic section)

4) this is pretty much just one method that you could use of spending life to gain quanta (as mentioned by at least a few others in this thread)

Mechanic:
1) sacrifice a certain # of pillars in a stack (not sure how many, could be just 1, and it is an ability that can be used multiple times per turn like leaf dragon, or maybe just once per turn, or maybe it would destroy 3 pillars like an earthquake) and convert it into quanta (maybe 3x what the pillar would generate in a turn?)

2) I can see this working in 2 ways:
-like a leaf dragon's effect, except rather than turning 1 light into 2 life, it converts 1 entropy to 1 random (2 random would be pretty overpowered as it could be abused to get heaps of quanta, or just keep going till you get the right kind of quantum)
-it just becomes a passive effect of turning 1 entropy to 2 or 3 random quanta (or maybe a random number of random quanta  ;D) or an ability that can be used once per turn with that effect.

3) It would be either a permanent or a creature that would absorb a percentage of quanta that would have been gained (so, each player earns less quanta, and the amount lost gets stored in the creature/permanent) then when the creature dies/permanent is destroyed then:
a) the person who destroyed in gets the stored quanta
b) each player gains all the quanta that the creature/permanent stole from their creatures/pillars
c) the quanta are randomly distributed between the players (although this favours rainbows quite a bit)
d) the quantums are given to the owner of the permanent/creature
or e) it only absorbs the opponents quantums, but when they destroy it they get their quantums back.

If multiple of this card were in play, the same amount of quanta would be gained/stored but it would be evenly distributed between the cards that absorbed it, so would be harder to recover.

4) during the turn this card is activated (or turns it is active, depending on whether it's a spell or a permanent or creature) you can go into "quanta debt".
quanta debt could work in one of the following ways:
a) when you end your turn (after playing cards, before creature attacks. As soon as you press the spacebar) all negative quanta values are reset to 0 and the amount of quanta you had to gain to bring it back to 0 is subtracted from your life
b) you lose 1 life per 1 or 2 quanta in debt you are (not sure if it should be 1 or 2, or some other value) and you continue to lose life from quanta debt ontil you bring all quanta values to 0 or higher (that way a mono deck, or pillarless deck can't just use this to play a huge amount of creatures first turn).

It would probably come in the form of a spell, and you can't play the spell if you are already in quanta debt. You also wouldn't be able to play cards that "consume all quanta of X type" (fractal, miracle) while that card's effect was active (either that, or you just still need to pay the normal price for the card, and it isn't affected by quanta debt)

well, those are my ideas. feel free to use them/modify them to come up with your own. Hope it helps.

Kael Hate

Re: Quantum Mechanic - Brainstorming and Card Design Workshop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5361.msg59997#msg59997
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2010, 07:06:02 pm »

Have compiled all the ideas in the top of thread and about to start the next part of the workshop. Its 5.00am and I need to try and sleep so I can get to work in a few hrs so will come back to it later tonight.

Snowstorm

Re: Quantum Mechanic - Brainstorming and Card Design Workshop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5361.msg60121#msg60121
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2010, 10:33:26 pm »
1. Quantum Tax // 3. Quantum Theft :: :aether
Target stack of pillars gives you and your opponent quanta, 50/50 split.
Lasts 2 turns?
I like the idea of more of these kinds of things.. stuff for you to screw with the opponent without outright just blowing stuff up. some kind of quantum theft would also sync well with pests and such :)

Lanidrak

Re: Quantum Mechanic - Brainstorming and Card Design Workshop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5361.msg60133#msg60133
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2010, 10:56:21 pm »
Thanks Snowstorm. I've been pretty busy this week, but I have all those idea's still floating around in the back of my head, feel free to post them on the Idea's section, just drop my name in there somewhere :)

Kael Hate

Re: Quantum Mechanic - Brainstorming and Card Design Workshop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5361.msg60242#msg60242
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2010, 08:30:52 am »
PART 2 - Creative Convergence

START

Idea 1

T - Fungus growing energy and mold eating energy(KA)
R - A card that gives you benefits because your opponent is ahead on Pillars (LD)
M - Creature ratings determined by Quanta values (KH)

Devouring Ooze
Ooze has HP equal to the opponents Pillars in Play
Ooze has ATK equal to the number of elements in which the opponent has at least 1 quanta.

Carry On!

Idea 2

T - An Egyptian Pyramid or Temple gaining power from the sun (KH)
R - A card that gives you benefits because your opponent is ahead on Pillars (LD)
M - Target your opponent with this effect to increase your quanta production until the oponent is hit with a spell effect or purify.(KA)

Pyramid
Both players gain quanta produced by the other player as well as their own pillars.

Links to Devouring Ooze because it gives the opponent quanta to power it up.

Object!

Why would a Pyramid do that? Why not use a Mirror?

Idea 2

T - A mirror showing two elements face to face
M - Target your opponent with this effect to increase your quanta production until the oponent is hit with a spell effect or purify.(KA)

Elemental Energy Mirror
Both players gain quanta produced by the other player as well as their own pillars.

Links to Devouring Ooze because it gives the opponent quanta to power it up.

Carry On!

Idea 3

T - Nefarious action to opponent quanta (LD)
R - A card or set that grants you Quanta when an opponent takes a certain action. (KA)

Hexed Power
Target opponent is hex marked - If an opponent plays a non-spell card, up to 5 of his quanta is stolen for you. Leaves a Mark on the opponent until they cast a spell.

Links to mirror because you are gaining Quanta because of the opponent.

anything
blarg: