*Author

SilentFH

The fat eternity lock: Light/Time duo (unupgraded) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28131.msg359121#msg359121
« on: July 01, 2011, 09:30:34 am »
Code: [Select]
5li 5li 5ll 5ll 5ll 5ll 5ll 5ll 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rj 5rj 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rl 5rl 5rl 5rl 5rl 5rl 5ro 5ro 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5ru 5ru 5ru 5ru 5ru 5ru 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2
So this is a little different to what I normally use, a 60 card build designed to lock a field down and simply pummel the opponent into submission from there (Or depending on the draw, simply pummel anyway). It's derived from the False god Lionheart, except I'd like to think this is more...Focused, just drawing and stalling until I can get several crusaders out, wait a turn, play eternity and then the lock begins.

So far I've been testing the build in AI3, with the odd game in PVP1, and short of a poor draw, it performs well enough to get wins, and hence cards for selling/money.

However, I feel it could be improved more, as several games I have found myself reliant on one of the miracles to keep me in the game. I feel firstly the build could do with a full set of sanctuary, to ease pressure on that scenario, but I'm not sure what to replace for them. I'd like to keep all the reverse times, as being able to drop several of them at once, or remove problematic cards (e.g something with butterfly effect, a creature with buffs from blessing) is very useful until eternity is played.

I'm aware that it may not be overly suitable elsewhere, as T50 rainbows with pulveriser will almost certainly kill me due to high permanent reliance and no way to remove it, AI5 I have not tested, and this would probably not be suitable for any False gods.

So yeah, hope someone likes it. I don't often play 60 card decks (not overly huge about rainbows) and I'm surprised just throwing this build together has done okay so far.

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: The fat eternity lock: Light/Time duo (unupgraded) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28131.msg359123#msg359123
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 09:35:27 am »
Yeah,this deck is a troll deck,RT all opp creatures to lock his draw,prevent other cards,like CC,PC.Completely shut down immolation decks because they have low quanta.
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

SilentFH

Re: The fat eternity lock: Light/Time duo (unupgraded) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28131.msg359126#msg359126
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 09:46:52 am »
Yeah,this deck is a troll deck,RT all opp creatures to lock his draw,prevent other cards,like CC,PC.Completely shut down immolation decks because they have low quanta.
...And your point is...? Did you have anything to say about the build of the deck, something useful?

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: The fat eternity lock: Light/Time duo (unupgraded) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28131.msg359127#msg359127
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 09:50:36 am »
...And your point is...? Did you have anything to say about the build of the deck, something useful?
More eternity's,maybe -2 RT,+2 Eternity?
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline 10 men

• Reputation Power: 0
  • 10 men hides under a Cloak.
  • Honesty is the privilege of the infallible
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Draft #3 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of Time4th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerShard Revolution WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWar #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: The fat eternity lock: Light/Time duo (unupgraded) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28131.msg371892#msg371892
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 08:26:08 pm »
Let's see, healing, stalling and tons of card draw, I approve. :)
Eternity is one of the best weapons to combine Crusader with and Light+Time have some nice synergy in general as well. There are many ways you can explore this, be it with Dunes+Blessing for more inevitability against stalls vs Ghosts which are faster in general, more or less Reverse Time depending on how much you want to beat rushes, and more or less phat decks.
However there's one card in this type of deck I consider a must and that's Sanctuary - with them and Eternity you can literally stall for infinite time against AI and only insignificantly less against a human opponent.
I would also reduce the number of Crusaders as they seem pretty useless whe you don't have an Eternity, so you would prefer to draw them late in the game only. Plus you don't really need more than 3 Eternity effects to completely mess up your opponent. I also removed some of the Ghosts for more stallpower as that's the main strength of the  :time/ :light combination. I added another Procrastination because it combines so nicely with all the healing - it basically doubles the effect of the Sanctuaries.
Here's what I ended up with:

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5li 5li 5ll 5ll 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rj 5rj 5rj 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rl 5rl 5rl 5rl 5rl 5rl 5ro 5ro 5ro 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5ru 5ru 5ru 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 8pq

If you like playing with fat decks and getting masteries, then look no further! Personally I had tons of fun tweaking this deck. :)
"My big fear is that one day I may become so vain that I will quote myself in my own signature."  ---  10 men

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: The fat eternity lock: Light/Time duo (unupgraded) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28131.msg374537#msg374537
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 12:12:29 am »
While I love Time for its capabilities to eat through decks like Halloween candy, making a 60-card deck is always troublesome. I agree a lot with what 10 men said in regards to the cards that you used. ^^; I do have a somewhat different take on what cards you should use, so bear with me:

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5ld 5ld 5lf 5lf 5lf 5lf 5li 5li 5ll 5ll 5ll 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rj 5rj 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rl 5rl 5rl 5rl 5rl 5ro 5ro 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rt 5rt 5ru 5ru 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 8pq

This deck (in contrast with 10 men's) focuses more on buffing those Crusaders further to make them more durable against CC attacks (aside from rewind, of course). Yes, Blessing is also used in this format alongside a I also have mixed feelings towards Turtle Shield; in some cases, pure damage reduction can be really beneficial against Adrenaline-spammers, which is why I included the Solar buckler (it's an underplayed card that I feel would also help generate more :light quanta for you with the additional light cards. And before any naysayers note that Sanctuary can't work with Solar Buckler, note that Procrastination can be switched in immediately to help reap the stalling benefit. Dune Scorpions also take heed of the neurotoxin alternative strategy in case your Ghosts or Crusaders are killed off early.

anything
blarg: 10 men,Kuroaitou