*Author

Offline GandoraTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Grow Higher! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36361.msg457050#msg457050
« on: February 05, 2012, 10:19:58 pm »
The idea is to use Heavy armor to allow RE to be immediately used.
This way your creatures get easily an attack boost. Also more HP is always useful.
This way your golems won't be killed too early and they can grow so more RE can be used.
EQ may be good to build in some versions but I didn't try too much :P
The last build will be a rainbow, so please also take a look at that one :)

I would like to have a fast/rush deck which uses this strategy. I made some attempts, but I can't decide
which build is best for this.
Your suggestions are of course appreciated :D
oh and it'd be great if you can say to which version your post refers to, this way no one will be too confused ;)

Here the decks:

Version 1
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
77d 77d 77d 77d 77d 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dm 7dm 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7ds 7ds 7f2 7f2 7f2 7f2 8pm

Golem + Minor Phoenix. The Phoenix are just for support or for faster start = not enough pillars to set up immediately. Also phoenix can be used as CC decoy.Version 2
5f2 5f2 77d 77d 77d 77d 77d 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dm 7dm 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7ds 7ds 7ds 7ds 7ds 7ds 8pm

No Golems, so against CC decks you don't have to worry much + Crimson for final blow. (Maybe you can split phoenix in unupped and upped?)Version 3
77d 77d 77d 77d 77d 77e 77e 77e 77e 77e 77e 7dg 7dm 7dm 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dq 7dq 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7ds 7ds 7ds 7ds 8po

Cremation build, for faster start. Only two golems because mark is fire. (first try was a 5 turn win :P)Version 4
71a 77d 77d 77d 77d 77e 77e 77e 77e 77e 77e 7dm 7dm 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dq 7dq 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7ds 7ds 7ds 7ds 7n0 8po

Very similar to the one before, but with less focus on the combo. Instead weapon and defense has been added as well as a 6th cremation.Version 5
5f2 5f2 5f2 5f2 5f2 77d 77d 77d 77d 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dm 7dm 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7ds 7ds 7ds 7ds 8pm

Much focus on crimson dragons. The combo is more thought to be used on minor phoenix as start dmg. Probably quiet slow.

This is completely different. It's a PsnBow.
6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 713 747 747 77d 77d 77d 77d 7ae 7ae 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7jr 7q1 7q1 7tg 7tg 80g 8po

It uses mostly 2 cost creatues, so even with 1 SN the combo can be played. Very powerful but lacks PC. You can replace the Dolls
for steal if you want (but they're so perfect for RE, they don't even need Armor). The deck may work better by replacing pends and SN with QT though I didn't try it.
This is very versatile. E.g. you can take out all creatures that cost more than 2 and put in shields and PC. Concrete example: -1 Spiders, -1 Pegasus, +1 Arsenic, +2 Steal.
You also may change the recluse with TU if you feel like it.
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Grow Higher! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36361.msg457076#msg457076
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 11:41:17 pm »
1 looks the best imo since it focuses on armored, raged golems. For the other decks, armor is only used for protection.

Offline Mathematistic

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Games are never too easy.
Re: Grow Higher! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36361.msg457901#msg457901
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 02:32:41 pm »
Among the fire builds, cremation build should be the best rush.
But I love the PSN build more... Maybe it's my natural inclination towards nova/supernova decks :)
Concerning that PSN, I feel like some scarabs might be good. Remove the graviton guards, deja vus (yes i know deja vu is good...) and frogs, toss in forest spirits, scarabs, 1 more pendulum (for stability) and maybe a discord.
PVE shouldn't be all about copying a deck code and converting time into electrum, score, and potentially rares.
If the only way to derive fun from a game is its PVP content, then non-hardcore players a.k.a. the mass are alienated from the hardcore community.

• Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
Re: Grow Higher! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36361.msg457917#msg457917
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 04:01:05 pm »
But I love the PSN build more... Maybe it's my natural inclination towards nova/supernova decks :)
Concerning that PSN, I feel like some scarabs might be good. Remove the graviton guards, deja vus (yes i know deja vu is good...) and frogs, toss in forest spirits, scarabs, 1 more pendulum (for stability) and maybe a discord.
I like PSN decks too ;)
To replace frogs with unupped spirits (for faster use) is a good idea because :water is not used. I'd rather replace though the guards with -probably unupped- otyughs, otherwise you always have to wait for more SN to play the scarabs. Also, as you said, Deja-Vu imo fits in very well. Instead, I'd replace the Flesh Recluse with the Pendulum and the Elite Pegasus for a Discord. :)

Offline Mathematistic

• Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Grow Higher! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36361.msg458145#msg458145
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 10:30:41 am »
I like PSN decks too ;)
To replace frogs with unupped spirits (for faster use) is a good idea because :water is not used. I'd rather replace though the guards with -probably unupped- otyughs, otherwise you always have to wait for more SN to play the scarabs. Also, as you said, Deja-Vu imo fits in very well. Instead, I'd replace the Flesh Recluse with the Pendulum and the Elite Pegasus for a Discord. :)
Phase Recluse<Pegasus
And well, otys need at least 3 novas to be useful (you need the fifth :gravity to devour), so it's a no from me.
Any ideas?
PVE shouldn't be all about copying a deck code and converting time into electrum, score, and potentially rares.
If the only way to derive fun from a game is its PVP content, then non-hardcore players a.k.a. the mass are alienated from the hardcore community.

Re: Grow Higher! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36361.msg458152#msg458152
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 11:40:19 am »
I like PSN decks too ;)
Phase Recluse<Pegasus
And well, otys need at least 3 novas to be useful (you need the fifth :gravity to devour), so it's a no from me.
Any ideas?
Yes I tried it with (unupped) otyugh (needs only 4) and still noticed the lack of :gravity. I guess it's not so easy. PSnBows can change very quickly the theme.
I tried some versions with scarabs, what do you think?

This build here has more denial (had to cut down Armor+Rage combo):
5c1 5c1 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u5 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 74f 74f 77d 77d 77d 7dr 7dr 7dr 7jr 7q1 7qa 7qa 7qa 7qa 7t9 7t9 8po
Here you can replace overdrive or steal either for a doll/creature or the 6th pend:
5c1 5c1 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u5 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 74i 77d 77d 77d 77d 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7jr 7qa 7qa 7qa 7qa 7t9 7tg 8po
Silence is always cool :P
5c1 5c1 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u5 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 77d 77d 77d 77d 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7jr 7qa 7qa 7qa 7qa 7t9 80k 80k 8po
And this one completely lost the theme of Armor+Rage (but I love golems ;)):
5c1 5c1 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u5 6u5 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 74i 77a 77a 77a 77a 7dr 7dr 7dr 7jr 7n0 7q5 7t9 7t9 80k 80k 8pm

Offline Mathematistic

Re: Grow Higher! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36361.msg458153#msg458153
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 11:57:10 am »
I like PSN decks too ;)
Phase Recluse<Pegasus
Any ideas?
Yes I tried it with (unupped) otyugh (needs only 4) and still noticed the lack of :gravity. I guess it's not so easy. PSnBows can change very quickly the theme.

5c1 5c1 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u5 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 74f 74f 77d 77d 77d 7dr 7dr 7dr 7jr 7q1 7qa 7qa 7qa 7qa 7t9 7t9 8po
Here you can replace overdrive or steal either for a doll/creature or the 6th pend:
5c1 5c1 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u5 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 74i 77d 77d 77d 77d 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7jr 7qa 7qa 7qa 7qa 7t9 7tg 8po
5c1 5c1 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u5 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 77d 77d 77d 77d 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7jr 7qa 7qa 7qa 7qa 7t9 80k 80k 8po
5c1 5c1 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u5 6u5 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 74i 77a 77a 77a 77a 7dr 7dr 7dr 7jr 7n0 7q5 7t9 7t9 80k 80k 8pm
First deck: Gravity quanta overused. Deja Vu+BH would be better than Scarab+BH. Also 4 Scarabs are overkill.
Second deck: Again, Scarabs do not agree with overdrive... 4 scarabs is too heavy on :time, too
Third deck: I like silence too :P well, since you're not using dolls, why not toss in a werewolf instead of a scarab? that won't interfere a lot.
Fourth deck: I'd rather you to do it as an entropy mark rainbow... that way you can include overdrive, archangel, and other higher cost crazy cards.

Re: Grow Higher! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36361.msg458157#msg458157
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 12:19:12 pm »
I like PSN decks too ;)
Phase Recluse<Pegasus
Any ideas?

First deck: Gravity quanta overused. Deja Vu+BH would be better than Scarab+BH. Also 4 Scarabs are overkill.
Second deck: Again, Scarabs do not agree with overdrive... 4 scarabs is too heavy on :time, too
Third deck: I like silence too :P well, since you're not using dolls, why not toss in a werewolf instead of a scarab? that won't interfere a lot.
Fourth deck: I'd rather you to do it as an entropy mark rainbow... that way you can include overdrive, archangel, and other higher cost crazy cards.
I should consider the skill cost more often xP
In the first deck change the scarabs for something else then? Back to spiders + Deja Vu? x)
second deck: exchange one scarab with golem, two with deja vu and the last with a spider?
third: agree with you ;)
fourth: i didn't notice there were two discord xD well i'm not a huge fan of QT rainbows. But there are surely better PsN Bows with golems ^^

I guess this can go on forever xD again I learned some stuff. thanks for help and suggestions, got a nice idea for my next PsN bow :D
Now I got to study and then grind  :electrum x)

Offline Mathematistic

Re: Grow Higher! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36361.msg458160#msg458160
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 12:35:36 pm »
Integrating the decks:
5c1 5c1 6u1 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u5 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 715 77d 77d 77d 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7jr 7qa 7qa 7qa 7t9 80a 8po

Not exactly what it used to be, but like it :)
Try chaos power/blessing for 1 rage elixir/werewolf/pegasus if you like

Re: Grow Higher! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36361.msg458340#msg458340
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 10:29:11 pm »
Integrating the decks:
5c1 5c1 6u1 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u5 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 715 77d 77d 77d 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7jr 7qa 7qa 7qa 7t9 80a 8po

Not exactly what it used to be, but like it :)
Try chaos power/blessing for 1 rage elixir/werewolf/pegasus if you like
Looks good though I'd change thunderbolt for steal as I got RE and Scarab for CC. The 4th armor may also be an option.
Anyway, in general I like all versions we made ;)

anything
blarg: Gandora,Mathematistic