*Author

Offline SilverTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Silver is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Armour https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36427.msg457827#msg457827
« on: February 08, 2012, 06:04:38 am »
by idle
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55l 55l 55l 55l 55l 55l 55r 55r 55r 55r 562 562 562 562 58t 58t 58t 58t 58t 58t 58v 8pm

-1/+1 pulvy

ive been using this deck i think once in every beginners league set ive done so far- and i dont think its won a single game yet.

but it feels like it should be a good deck and i like using it. is there a way i can improve it? im actually almost considering cutting out the otys for more acceleration and maybe a titan or two since im either facing a pillarless deck or it just get cc'd instantly.

i recently had a game where i was really quanta starved, maybe i should mess with the qi? it is a little bit low on quanta but i figured since its a slow deck and it has a low quanta consumption density (low quanta use per card) i figured i would be ok. but i dunno i messed with having a 5 qi and found that i was overproducing quanta a lot.

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Consectetur Adipiscing Elit
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Armour https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36427.msg457828#msg457828
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 06:09:05 am »
Pulvy? Runs by a mark?
Needs more :gravity. Take out that pulvy. -2charger -2oty + pillars.
Alternately, -6armor +4 momentum +2 pillar.
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

Retribution

Re: Armour https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36427.msg457831#msg457831
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 06:15:26 am »
Why not use armagio's for acceleration, and pack in a few momentums as separate cards? Would seem much more effective.
Also, you're going to need some pendulums. Your mark might not be able to power all that earth quanta.
This deck seems to have a slow start-up, so a shield would be recommended as well.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Armour https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36427.msg457832#msg457832
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 06:23:20 am »
I think the proportions are pretty good - though low on pillars. I think you should take out 2 plate armors and 1 Oty for pillars, and see if that does better
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Mathematistic

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Games are never too easy.
Re: Armour https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36427.msg457899#msg457899
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 02:22:34 pm »
I would -1 pulveriser, -1 plate armour, -1 otyugh/charger , and +2 gravity pillars.
Yes, insufficient pillars is the main problem.
Also, if this is meant to be an arena grinder, why not black holes? Rainbow decks are quite popular.
PVE shouldn't be all about copying a deck code and converting time into electrum, score, and potentially rares.
If the only way to derive fun from a game is its PVP content, then non-hardcore players a.k.a. the mass are alienated from the hardcore community.

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Armour https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36427.msg457900#msg457900
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 02:26:29 pm »
I would -1 pulveriser, -1 plate armour, -1 otyugh/charger , and +2 gravity pillars.
Yes, insufficient pillars is the main problem.
Also, if this is meant to be an arena grinder, why not black holes? Rainbow decks are quite popular.
It's for BL. Still, your point stands.
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

Offline SilverTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Silver is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Armour https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36427.msg457932#msg457932
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 05:12:36 pm »
if im going to do black holes i definitely wouldnt have space for all the current things and would need to go mono gravy. or i guess i could try bhs instead of otys. i dont know if i can generalize from my small experience but i see a tonne of grabbows/its a trap so bh might be the stalling factor i need. still otys are a huge part of the deck, making the plate armour meaningful.

accelerated armagios is an interesting idea but i like the quick start of chargers, kind of how lava golems are better than fire spirits. i will definitely try it though.

would it be wrong to say that otys just arent very good in bl? i thought that buffed up they would eat everything, but it seems that they are just too slow. it seems like every deck packs from the hand cc.

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
Re: Armour https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36427.msg457940#msg457940
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 05:53:51 pm »
if im going to do black holes i definitely wouldnt have space for all the current things and would need to go mono gravy. or i guess i could try bhs instead of otys. i dont know if i can generalize from my small experience but i see a tonne of grabbows/its a trap so bh might be the stalling factor i need. still otys are a huge part of the deck, making the plate armour meaningful.

accelerated armagios is an interesting idea but i like the quick start of chargers, kind of how lava golems are better than fire spirits. i will definitely try it though.

would it be wrong to say that otys just arent very good in bl? i thought that buffed up they would eat everything, but it seems that they are just too slow. it seems like every deck packs from the hand cc.
The main problems are:
1. You have not enough damage.
2. You have too little quanta.
3. You have too many control.
Somehow, work around this and fix it. You don't have to worry about PC if you're not going to put any perma. Opponent's PC will practically be wasted (on the tower, or clogging the hand waiting for the perfect target).
About CC, you can't really anticipate that. Armagios are tough against CC, try to use it. (also can stall or damage through acceleration)
This seems a good deck for your initial build:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55m 55m 55m 55m 55m 55m 55q 55q 55r 55r 55t 55t 562 562 562 562 562 8pl

Customize that yourself. You're welcome.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Armour https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36427.msg458051#msg458051
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 02:23:00 am »
4 otys is too many imo. Perhaps back in black holes? Rainbows are very prevalent in the metagame. This would be much better upped since overdrive is way better than acceleration and elite chargers are way better than sapphire chargers. Main problem I see with this deck is that it looks a bit slow.

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
Re: Armour https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36427.msg458086#msg458086
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 03:48:55 am »
4 otys is too many imo. Perhaps back in black holes? Rainbows are very prevalent in the metagame. This would be much better upped since overdrive is way better than acceleration and elite chargers are way better than sapphire chargers. Main problem I see with this deck is that it looks a bit slow.
BL means no upped card.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Armour https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36427.msg458091#msg458091
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 03:58:47 am »
BL means no upped card.
I know that. I meant that this might not be the most effective deck to use because of the unupped environment.

blarg: idle,Absol