*Author

blackbird77

Am I on right path with SG Rainbow deck? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25654.msg327095#msg327095
« on: May 04, 2011, 10:01:18 pm »
I started with the rainbow deck that SG put together in the "How to become RICH in 1 Day" thread, and I have been upgrading cards there and added a couple myself to tweak it. It's very effective against AI3 and HB's, but not against FG's. I think at this point I have a very strong sense of how to play the deck, so I am trying to figure out if I just haven't upgraded it enough yet to beat FG's, or  (as I saw later in some posts in that same thread) whether this deck design is no longer as effective as it used to be, because of rule changes, etc. So basically, I just want to know if this deck design is still something I should be pursuing to upgrade and eventually farm FG's with, or whether I need to start looking at going a different way. (Right now, I can farm HB's *very* effectively with this deck.)
Code: [Select]
4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4vm 52n 52r 55r 592 5c6 5c6 5f8 5oj 5rl 5ro 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5up 5up 61t 621 621 74b 7q5 7q5 7q5

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Am I on right path with SG Rainbow deck? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25654.msg327137#msg327137
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 10:20:51 pm »
No. SGbow hasn't been good enough for many, many months. However, those three Electrum Hourglasses are useful in all stallbows (such as CCYB, which is still good), and other FG decks like GotP Time.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline Barragor

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Barragor is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Been around for a while. Wish I could change IGN.
Re: Am I on right path with SG Rainbow deck? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25654.msg371237#msg371237
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 04:01:57 pm »
Timebows are still very viable options for beating fg's, you just need to tweak a bit and find your own playstyle
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Offline MatrimKK

• Reputation Power: 6
  • MatrimKK is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • reigned by Entropy
  • Awards: 4th Trials - Master of EntropyWar #4 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Am I on right path with SG Rainbow deck? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25654.msg371299#msg371299
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 06:29:13 pm »
I tried this at one point as well with little success, the hourglasses are actually quite useful. 
If you are strapped on cash two unupped false god grinders I always recommend are all dolled down and liquid antimatter. 
If you like the more stall style Flay'em is also nice, and upgrades from that also apply towards the popular Creature Control Why Bother?

Thiefboy109

Re: Am I on right path with SG Rainbow deck? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25654.msg371437#msg371437
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 10:55:58 pm »
Try Flay'EM if you have the hourglasses upped, I also have a FG deck in my signature if you would like to try it.

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Am I on right path with SG Rainbow deck? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25654.msg371462#msg371462
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 12:06:09 am »
When I started Elements, I made something quite similar to what you have after about a week or so.  (well, except the upgrades, that took a bit longer)  I've evolved it over the 4 months I've been playing into this: (just to give you an idea of one possible route to take your deck)

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
500 500 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6u9 749 749 74b 74b 77f 77f 77i 77i 77i 7gp 7gp 7h2 7h2 7k6 7k6 7k6 7n3 7n3 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 80a 80a 80h 80h 8ps

Looking at your deck, I think that would do quite well against halfbloods.  I don't think it's worth your time farming ai3 with that; you should kick its ass pretty much every time, but the games would be too slow to give you much electrum, compared to halfbloods, which you'll probably still beat a lot, and the games won't be much longer than ai3 with that deck, so you'll make more money on ai4.  FGs will be tough with that deck unupgraded.  I know I won the (very!) occasional game with no upgrades or just one or two like you've got against FGs, but it's not worth your time yet.

For what it's worth, one of the first things I did was remove the six sundials and add in other things I liked better to make the deck more my own.  For upgrades, I focused first on cards that the upgrade decreased the casting cost by more than 1 quanta (bone wall, rain of fire in your deck) or on cards that got significantly better with upgrades (otyugh, hourglass) and the quantum pillars first.  The nice thing about most of the cards in your deck is that they are useful in many other kinds of decks as well.

The last things I'd upgrade would be the empathic bonds (1 :life cheaper isn't much, and I don't find myself using those much), the Steals, (you'll use these in many decks, but they are a very common card to win upgraded from false gods because so many use it, so you can save the upgrade cost), and the Boneyard. (the unupgraded one is cheaper, and if you mutate the skeletons with fallen elf, you don't care if they were elite to begin with)  The hourglasses are also very common ones to win upgraded from false gods because so many use that card, but it's also one of the best cards in your deck, so I'll leave that up to you.  (I upgraded probably 3/6 of them and won the other 3)

The best deck for false gods that I've seen is one on the forums called 'I've got GoTP Time', but it is very boring to play, so I use my rainbow deck, even though it wins ~10% less games than gotp time, because it is way more fun.  (if you do go that route, the hourglasses, eternity, dimensional shield, and one quintessence are used, so if you upgrade those, you can use them in that deck as well, or many other decks too)

anything
blarg: dragonsdemesne