*Author

Offline Gandora

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg462388#msg462388
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2012, 08:55:11 pm »
Post to keep track of it ;)
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

Offline AbsolTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Consectetur Adipiscing Elit
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg462570#msg462570
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 04:47:00 am »
Thanks for the support, guys!

Our first work (well maybe not, but still):
I got an idea here (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,36824.0.html). In short:
Trying to make deck which use Photon, GotP, and Drain Life as the core strategy. Upped is okay.
(yes, 1 Photon and 1 Drain Life in Ghostmare counts as success, but not core strategy)

Ideas including:
Photon bouncing (and GotP nightmaring) super stall (against AI, you can nightmare Photon to fieldlock)
Ragequit deck (using photons? Field lock with Afla and Hand lock with GotP? Drain the remaining creature?)
500 HP EM deck (now this one is hard. I don't know how to make it.)

Honestly, i'm bad with stalls, so i might not be able to build an optimal one this time. Help?

EDIT: i see someone posted a deck in that thread. Here (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,36824.msg494186.html#msg494186)'s the link.
Here's the deck. This deck is not mine. Hopefully i'll post a somewhat functional deck soon, as this is really hard to do.
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5ru 5ru 6s1 6s1 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 7af 7af 7af 7af 7b0 7b0 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7k4 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t9 7tc 7tc 8pj

EDIT 2: Okay, here goes.
7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jq 7jq 7jt 7jt 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7qe 7qe 7qe 7qe 7tc 7tc 7th 7th 7th 7th 8pt

Ghostmare Twist? With ability to lockdown field and hand. Cross-bred with Day Traitor to fuel Solar Buckler to drop Dragons.
Still reliant on good draw, though not much. And yes, this decreases the effectiveness compared to Ghostmare usual build.

EDIT 3: Okay, i didn't see SnoWeb's post. So maybe this deck is just as fail as Poker Alho's.

EDIT 4: Okay, i keep editing this post as to not bump this thread.
Maybe we can change the challenge to something like:
Make a deck using Photon and either GotP or Drain Life. Have to be original. Which has just done by SnoWeb. Anything else?
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

Offline burpcow

• Reputation Power: 5
  • burpcow is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • the duck has struck
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg462575#msg462575
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 04:58:40 am »
I am very excited to see what decks you four will come up with!

Offline Gandora

• Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg462613#msg462613
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 07:37:51 am »
Thanks for the support, guys!

Our first work (well maybe not, but still):
I got an idea here (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,36824.0.html). In short:
Trying to make deck which use Photon, GotP, and Drain Life as the core strategy. Upped is okay.
(yes, 1 Photon and 1 Drain Life in Ghostmare counts as success, but not core strategy)

Ideas including:
Photon bouncing (and GotP nightmaring) super stall (against AI, you can nightmare Photon to fieldlock)
Ragequit deck (using photons? Field lock with Afla and Hand lock with GotP? Drain the remaining creature?)
500 HP EM deck (now this one is hard. I don't know how to make it.)

Honestly, i'm bad with stalls, so i might not be able to build an optimal one this time. Help?
Is RoL allowed or just Photon?

Offline Poker Alho

• Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • flips are overrated
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg462616#msg462616
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2012, 07:45:36 am »
RoL is allowed as the future deck can be fully upped

EDIT: ok, i decided to make a deck for the challenge while i was studying lol

7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7k0 7k0 7k0 7k0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q8 7q8 7qe 7qe 7qe 7qe 7tc 7th 7th 7th 7th 7th 7th 8pt

use RoLs to power your shield and lock down your opponent's field with nightmares
use eternity to rewind unwanted creatures and to lock the fiels even more
play Gotp as critter and another nightmare option to clog up the opponents hand
Syphon life as a little CC option besides the somewhat expensive rewind-in-a-stick

Offline Gandora

Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg462626#msg462626
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 08:50:17 am »
I didn't want to go for a deckout nor something with nightmare.
So I came up with this super strange somehow/sometimes working deck:

5ru 5ru 5ru 5ru 6rq 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 7ap 7ap 7dm 7jp 7jp 7jp 7k3 7k3 7k4 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q5 7tc 7tc 80h 8pj

Admittedly, Siphon Life is almost completely useless. Depending on situation you have to give quintessence either to RoL or GotP.
SoR should be used of course on GotP. You can change the Hourglass for Ghost but I wanted more draw power since I need lots of cards
to set up offense as well as defense.

@Poker Alho:

Simple and nice. Like it!

Offline Mathematistic

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Games are never too easy.
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg462629#msg462629
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2012, 09:23:03 am »
Ah ha. I love cremations.

Admittedly, Siphon Life is almost completely useless.
Syphon life as a little CC option besides the somewhat expensive rewind-in-a-stick
7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q5 7q5 7q8 7q8 7qe 7qe 7qe 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7tc 8ps

Crema-golem with moar draw power!! And GoTP for time mid-rangers (which is one of the underused aspects of GoTP compared to obsession), RoL for cremation fuel (keep them unupped-->lower deck cost), and siphon life for little CC. Also can rebounce RoL to prevent deckout.
This is focused on the physical aspects of the creatures instead of the abilities. Rather unusual? (or unoriginal for that matter)

Edit: Another deck for the second challenge.

7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q8 7qe 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7ta 7tc 7tc 7tc 7td 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 80i 80i 80i 80i 8pt

It can satisfy the requirements of 1st challenge too, by adding a photon for bouncing.
It is basically pestal, but you can either fractal ghosts or vampires for end game damage, depends on whether you need speed or healing. The extra draw power is very nice.
PVE shouldn't be all about copying a deck code and converting time into electrum, score, and potentially rares.
If the only way to derive fun from a game is its PVP content, then non-hardcore players a.k.a. the mass are alienated from the hardcore community.

Offline SnoWeb

• Reputation Power: 23
  • SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: War #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg462634#msg462634
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2012, 09:39:38 am »
7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7k0 7k0 7k0 7k0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q8 7q8 7qe 7qe 7qe 7qe 7tc 7th 7th 7th 7th 7th 7th 8pt

This is a combination of Traitor (from Essence) and the goodol' Ghostmare. It will be 100% less effective than each of them. Moreover, it amplifies an already existing problem of Ghostmare: the early :time requirement.
I would say: not original, not efficient = Fail.

I didn't want to go for a deckout nor something with nightmare.
Admittedly, Siphon Life is almost completely useless.
I think you should swap your two SL for nightmares. I mean you have quite a lot of good candidates (GotP and RoL) for it. Still we have a good candidate.
You have your ghosts for damage. They are unuped which lighten the :time requirement. And the RoL/Hope for defence. The (+) from the SN strategy is the use of mitosis. Very good with the RoL/Hope of GotP/SoR.
The whole thing looks quite good but I would try to add 1 more hope and 1 more SoR. Maybe like this:
5ru 5ru 5ru 5s4 6rq 6rq 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 7ap 7ap 7dm 7jp 7jp 7jp 7k3 7k3 7k4 7k4 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7th 7th 8pj

Original and mildly efficient = Win

in platinum league

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg462646#msg462646
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2012, 12:16:15 pm »
You know, I find it funny that you guys wanted core strategy with Photon and Siphon life, but then...

Lol.

With 2 ghostmares and a cremation rush, half of this doesn't seems original.. at all. Congratulations to Gandora for making a win deck, though.

Offline Poker Alho

• Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • flips are overrated
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg462650#msg462650
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2012, 12:36:30 pm »
You know, I find it funny that you guys wanted core strategy with Photon and Siphon life, but then...

Lol.

With 2 ghostmares and a cremation rush, half of this doesn't seems original.. at all. Congratulations to Gandora for making a win deck, though.
you do know we are open to suggestions, so if you think you can do better, post it instead of saying crap that doesnt help at all...

suxerz

Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg462653#msg462653
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2012, 01:14:34 pm »
Heh. Looks like someone took things too seriously. But I must say that I can see some points in what DM said.

I'm happy with the objective/purpose of this whole thing in general, but I strongly feel that this particular "challenge" have absolutely no benefit in achieving your goals. Seriously, why did you choose these random cards? Maybe it's just me, but I don't see any synergy between these cards. If it's true, then why the effort? In my eyes, this is like trying to create a deck using Dissipation shield, Sanctuary and SoSac as the main cards.  :P

Offline Mathematistic

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Games are never too easy.
Re: [group] The Elemental Engineers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36819.msg462655#msg462655
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2012, 01:18:00 pm »

Lol.

Blending existing strategies/enhancing a tactic is counted as original. Ghostmares with mitosis makes them multi-functional, and is far from unoriginal.
The way how I interpret original is that how it mixes existing synergies into practical and powerful decks. The number of synergies won't increase, but the combinations are much more than we can discover.
You're welcome to share your own original ideas here, so why not give it a go?

Heh. Looks like someone took things too seriously. But I must say that I can see some points in what DM said.

I'm happy with the objective/purpose of this whole thing in general, but I strongly feel that this particular "challenge" have absolutely no benefit in achieving your goals. Seriously, why did you choose these random cards? Maybe it's just me, but I don't see any synergy between these cards. If it's true, then why the effort? In my eyes, this is like trying to create a deck using Dissipation shield, Sanctuary and SoSac as the main cards.  :P
Limited deckbuilding is fun...
PVE shouldn't be all about copying a deck code and converting time into electrum, score, and potentially rares.
If the only way to derive fun from a game is its PVP content, then non-hardcore players a.k.a. the mass are alienated from the hardcore community.

blarg: Absol,Poker Alho,Gandora,Mathematistic,SnoWeb