*Author

Offline shockcannon

• Master of Fire
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner13th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Patient Wardens for all War Teams https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66330.msg1280126#msg1280126
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2018, 11:36:11 pm »
Dusk mantle, vampire stiletto, and steal. GG SoPa and SoFree decks.
You are what you eat from your head to your feet

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Patient Wardens for all War Teams https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66330.msg1280133#msg1280133
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2018, 07:15:51 am »
Dusk mantle, vampire stiletto, and steal. GG SoPa and SoFree decks.
If only that were true. Try it, you'll see you'll get absolutely murdered.

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Patient Wardens for all War Teams https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66330.msg1280141#msg1280141
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2018, 09:15:42 am »
And just by presenting them as viable war decks... you are kind of marking the strategy as OP.

Disagree here. OP in my book means creating an imbalance within teams. I actually think with shards allowed other than air's all war teams are MORE balanced than without. Nova graboid is usable for all teams. It is strong, but not OP (no matter how much I hate team earth's grabbows, I know i just have to deal with them.
So, theoretically, adding a 0 cost creature with 666 attack and shield bypass would not make this card OP, just because any team can use it? It even has two counters: Sundial and SoSac.

A card is overpowered if it can not be ignored. Use it, counter it, or face horrible defeat. That is the definition of OP. With the creature example I just mentioned this becomes obvious, but where does one draw the line? For me, SoFree and SoPa are both well over it.

Offline Mr Muffin

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Mr Muffin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mr Muffin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Sort of Young Elemental
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake12th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWar #11 Winner - Team LifeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of LifeBattle League 1/2017 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Patient Wardens for all War Teams https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66330.msg1280217#msg1280217
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2018, 04:01:31 pm »
Last war life could have used a SoP wardens deck except ours was different. Because of matchup testing and other stuff this deck was never used.      I think for some elements the SoP decks they could make aren't strong enough to justify the cost of using SoP unless they salvage it.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Patient Wardens for all War Teams https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66330.msg1280226#msg1280226
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2018, 09:36:56 pm »
A card is overpowered if it can not be ignored. Use it, counter it, or face horrible defeat. That is the definition of OP. With the creature example I just mentioned this becomes obvious, but where does one draw the line? For me, SoFree and SoPa are both well over it.

But this is exactly why SoFr is so much worse - because other elements can't use it the way Air can, they can usually only counter it or lose. It's viable for most other elements, but not the same way SoP is (or Nova/Graboid, or VDag, or Discord, etc)

SoP is still OP, but this is why there's a massive gap between SoFr and the other problem cards (which is not just SoP, even if it does lead that pack)
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Manuel

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #11 Winner - Team LifeCard Design Competition - Help Wanted WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Competition - ChampionSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Patient Wardens for all War Teams https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66330.msg1280230#msg1280230
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2018, 11:26:04 pm »
about what war are u talking?

last war bows like this (or with nymphs>boid)

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vh 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 55t 590 590 590 5oc 5oc 5oc 5og 5og 5ol 5ol 77g 7dm 7hi 7hi 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mu 7mu 8pm

and darkdom was the mvp for air, they played sofree only against gens and aether or something like that
if with that insane price sofree is still broken idk what to say, u are all implying i start every round 1-0 with it, which isn't true
last war sofree got a lot of wins because every match with it was planned, isn't a card u can use brainless and get the ez win, do u think if u switch the roster of some team of the last year with the air one u get the same exact war?

i waste a lot of money for them + i predict the match up + i don't missplay etc = i deserve the win, i think is totally normal
u can't blame sofree if someone wasted tons of money for """veterans""" players rather than for cards and some elements got nerfed by market prices

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Patient Wardens for all War Teams https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66330.msg1280231#msg1280231
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2018, 12:11:17 am »
if with that insane price sofree is still broken idk what to say
i waste a lot of money for them + i predict the match up + i don't missplay etc = i deserve the win, i think is totally normal

I agree that it wasn't broken last War, just very strong. The point is that it needed such a high price just to be close to balanced. If we started with an empty slate, SoFr would need many more restrictions than any other card to be balanced - last War accomplished this, previous Wars didn't.

last war bows like this (or with nymphs>boid) and darkdom was the mvp for air

Grabbows and dark domins have been MVPs for many teams over the years. I still don't see how people think SoP is so much worse than that.

Offline Manuel

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #11 Winner - Team LifeCard Design Competition - Help Wanted WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Competition - ChampionSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Patient Wardens for all War Teams https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66330.msg1280232#msg1280232
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2018, 12:59:35 am »
passing to war 10 and 5 matches sofree at only 120 (really it was so cheap?) to war 11, 4 matches and sofree at 400 is perfectly fine i think, it was a huge jump

i can agree to a 450/500 price IF this war will be with only 3 matches/round (but i don't think looking at three man pvp and his 10 teams)

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Patient Wardens for all War Teams https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66330.msg1280239#msg1280239
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2018, 05:17:01 am »
This discussion is like

Water players: "SoFr is broken, only air can use it, SoP is balanced, everyone can use it!"

Air players: "No u"

Everyone else: "Both are broken af"

I'm with the majority of everyone else here and I'd be incredibly happy to see both SoFr and SoP outright banned or heavily cripple the vault of those who dare to buy it.

Offline Basman-1453

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Basman-1453 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Basman-1453 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • You hear about that thing down in Samothrace?
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Patient Wardens for all War Teams https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66330.msg1280240#msg1280240
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2018, 06:54:55 am »
This discussion is like

Water players: "SoFr is broken, only air can use it, SoP is balanced, everyone can use it!"

Air players: "No u"

Everyone else: "Both are broken af"

I'm with the majority of everyone else here and I'd be incredibly happy to see both SoFr and SoP outright banned or heavily cripple the vault of those who dare to buy it.

Well summarised. Truth be told, I believe this thread inadvertently proves that Patience is more over the line than Freedom. This is not to say that Freedom is not past the line, however; it's still well past that line. It's just that while Freedom is wildly past that line for those few deck types, Patience is a tad less wildly past that line for a much broader deck types.
Avatar source (Kongou (KanColle))

Rise over the dead
Bring us ahead
INCEST AND IRON :V

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • now palafrost
Re: Patient Wardens for all War Teams https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66330.msg1280241#msg1280241
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2018, 07:39:23 am »
This discussion is like

1) I'm not a water player and haven't been for two years
2) At no point have I called it balanced - quite the opposite

Offline dawn to dusk

• Master of Light
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LightWar #12 - Sportsmanship AwardSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - The Fool Winner12th Trials - Master of LightDeckbuilding Competition - Elelections WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - Bronze9th Trials - Master of LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship Award8th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Patient Wardens for all War Teams https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66330.msg1280252#msg1280252
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2018, 11:15:50 am »
This discussion is like

1) I'm not a water player and haven't been for two years
2) At no point have I called it balanced - quite the opposite
So uhh the statement holds true then

SoFree is broken because it's strong but only Air can use it
SoPa is broken because it's strong and everyone can use it

:)

blarg: