*Author

Offline serprex

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: Bestiary of Dragonsdemesne https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50625.msg1092835#msg1092835
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2013, 02:54:37 am »
Your deck building is inspiring, but I'm going to skip that and only mention an issue with Yeti: if you want to show unupped/upped mixed usage in :entropy / :water and how they can be different rather than strictly inferior/superior, why didn't you include Toadfish/Pufferfish?

Offline dragonsdemesneTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Bestiary of Dragonsdemesne https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50625.msg1092836#msg1092836
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2013, 03:04:59 am »
Well, I couldn't include EVERY card that fit that criteria.  Also, an opponent named 'Yeti' doesn't really scream 'fish' to me   :D  Also, without air quanta, toadfish isn't nearly as useful, for obvious reasons.  (and is strictly worse than abyss crawler in an air-absent scenario)  I'm not trying to make fun of you or anything, and I appreciate that you like my deckbuilding, but I didn't think it was possible to cram that many concepts into that one Yeti deck, particularly and still manage to keep it thematic.

• Legendary Member
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Bestiary of Dragonsdemesne https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50625.msg1094306#msg1094306
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 07:45:10 am »
Makhxyl

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5ib 5ib 5j2 5j2 5j2 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5od 5od 5od 5od 5od 5od 5oe 5oe 5oe 5oe 5oe 5oe 5ol 5on 5on 5on 5on 5op 5pa 5pa 5pa 5pa 8pp

HP: 75, mark x1 draw x1

Based on a pvp1 deck that failed, I decided to modify it slightly for a newbie bestiary enemy.  The deck fairly obviously revolves around making the wyrms and dragonflies large via shards of patience and freedom.  I think that the single water mark should be enough for the water cards.  Barring PC, only one SoP ever need be cast, and a lone squid can still freeze something every two turns anyway.  Besides, as a low level enemy, it doesn't need to be THAT good :p  The biggest thing I'm trying to go for with this deck is to make use of wyrm, a card that, at least in unupped form, is very rarely used.

The name Makhxyl came from a dragon in my AD&D campaign from years ago.

• Legendary Member
Re: Bestiary of Dragonsdemesne https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50625.msg1098794#msg1098794
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2013, 11:54:10 pm »
HP: 150, 3x mark, 2x draw

Githwilt is a terrible old crone, who delights in torturing her victims and driving them insane.  She does this with the help of her abominable legions, werewolves and vampires, who all sparkle strangely, which only adds to their horrific visages.  Her greatest hope and desire is to suck the very life from your soul,  slowly and painfully.

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6tu 6tu 6tu 6tu 6tu 6tu 6u1 6u1 6u1 6u1 6u1 6u1 6u5 6u5 6u8 6u8 6u9 6u9 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 7jo 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7kc 7kc 7kc 7la 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7tc 7tc 7tc 7tc 7tc 7tc 7td 7td 7td 7td 7td 7td 8pt

I slightly modified an arena deck I just took down, because I thought it was so much fun.  (original here: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28528.msg1098791.html#msg1098791 )

Basically, I had two goals here: 1) submit this extremely cool deck and 2) make fun of Twilight, because it sucks, just like the people who didn't thumb that deck up while it was in the arena

blarg: