*Author

Offline TheonlyrealBeefTopic starter

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Darkness cards section suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30404.msg386196#msg386196
« on: August 29, 2011, 11:51:00 am »
As a master I want the Darkness section to look at it's best. Previous term I changed the format of most cards to contain more information, but I have run out of ideas on how to make it better. Hence I would like everyone to give feedback on what you want and expect of this section. It's meant for you, so by all means tell what you'd like in this section. I tried to leave out my personal opinion (like how to use a card, cards are most interesting when used differently than most would).

Corrin

Re: Darkness cards section suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30404.msg388844#msg388844
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 09:52:33 am »
i have a question on what card i should upgrade as my first one. i have: drain life, steal, nightfall, devourer, black dragon, dagger, and vampire stilet :darkness :darkness >:D :darkness :darkness

Offline Jappert

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: Darkness cards section suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30404.msg388848#msg388848
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 10:05:22 am »
i have a question on what card i should upgrade as my first one. i have: drain life, steal, nightfall, devourer, black dragon, dagger, and vampire stilet :darkness :darkness >:D :darkness :darkness
Please stay on topic! This question is posted in the wrong section entirely.

And TorB, how about adding the featured cards by Kuroaito to the respective topics? Maybe even adding popular decks wich use the cards, I'm willing to help you if you want, just pm me!

Corrin

Re: Darkness cards section suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30404.msg393474#msg393474
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 11:12:40 pm »

[/quote] Maybe even adding popular decks wich use the cards[/quote]

i agree. that would really help a lot of  :darkness runners out. me for 1.

also having a poll or vote that others could participate in on the most popular, favorite, ect... card, deck, ect...
i think that could help this thread out a lot. it would deffinately bring all us  :darkness runners together. also making a kind of strategy guide people could use against other decks.
but its all up to you really. im just pitchin ideas. ;D

• Master of Darkness
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Darkness cards section suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30404.msg393589#msg393589
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 06:26:45 am »
I'm personally a bit against listing popular decks with the cards since I find it important to get creative with cards, no one -not even me :P- should be telling you how you should use cards to build your own deck.

Offline oblivion1212

• Reputation Power: 5
  • oblivion1212 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Shard Farm
Re: Darkness cards section suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30404.msg393603#msg393603
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 10:02:07 am »
nightmare vs rainbow decks = too risky?? just a thought though, because i remember a fairly good amount of times, where people nightmare'd me, and i was able to use it as a fractal XD

dr_nej

Re: Darkness cards section suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30404.msg427704#msg427704
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 09:15:52 am »
nightmare vs rainbow decks = too risky?? just a thought though, because i remember a fairly good amount of times, where people nightmare'd me, and i was able to use it as a fractal XD
I know exactly what you mean! I often use nightmare and I have learned that using it can have numerous benefits based on the situation. Even if the opponent can play one or more of the card you nightmare, you can strategically fill their hand with a card you want them to use, or you could simply be keeping them from drawing their own cards and taking advantage of the health drain. Nightmare really does not work very well if you use it on a cheap creature, especially against a rainbow deck that likely has only limited amounts of each quantum element.

vile

Re: Darkness cards section suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30404.msg453682#msg453682
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 03:13:25 am »
Maybe you should create some sort of lore for each card..Not saying the whole elements story has to make sense. But maybe a bit of "background" information on a card. Maybe even text flavor/card flavor would be f**king sweet. Having some sort of  :darkness theme would be appropriate.

Offline dreadwoe

• Reputation Power: 1
  • dreadwoe is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Sight is merely an illusion.
Re: Darkness cards section suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30404.msg479848#msg479848
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 07:22:38 pm »
maybe have some sort of vote for what card combinations are best?
The darkness of a black hole devours even light.
nuff said.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Darkness cards section suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30404.msg479851#msg479851
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 07:38:22 pm »
As Absol stated in another topic, we probably should start adding the wiki articles DIRECTLY to the topics in question to make them more 'beautiful'. Masters should know how their cards work, and by extension, should also correct discrepancies in the wiki articles to make them nicer (and more consistent between the 'wiki' and our boards). Perhaps you can start adding some of the older Darkness articles (such as Voodoo Doll and whatnot) to give your page more "pop"?

• Master of Darkness
Re: Darkness cards section suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30404.msg479855#msg479855
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 07:51:46 pm »
maybe have some sort of vote for what card combinations are best?
Hmm, since there are an extreme amount of card combinations a poll would be... inconvenient to say the least. Duos with Darkness is the second best thing, though. Replies specifying the actual card combination implied with this duo. On that note, I just re-added the polls since they were missing after the forum migration.
As Absol stated in another topic, we probably should start adding the wiki articles DIRECTLY to the topics in question to make them more 'beautiful'. Masters should know how their cards work, and by extension, should also correct discrepancies in the wiki articles to make them nicer (and more consistent between the 'wiki' and our boards). Perhaps you can start adding some of the older Darkness articles (such as Voodoo Doll and whatnot) to give your page more "pop"?
Hmm, I've never intensely looked at most of these articles (sorry :P) but I could look into it some time.

Offline Kakerlake

• Reputation Power: 24
  • Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Loyal supporter of Bunny
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Dog Pit #2 - PvP EventBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP EventSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup3rd Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Flavor Text #2 Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Darkness cards section suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30404.msg479858#msg479858
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 08:08:04 pm »
I think it would make the :darkness section much better, if there was a direct link to the :earth section :3

Also, I'd allign the stuff in the Table differently:
Pretty Picturea really really big text thingiePretty Picture
hp
this card is really
totally uber
awesome
huh?
this card is even
better
right
center
left
looks prettier IMO.

Removing random spaces would be a improvement as well, like in "Nightmare | Nightmare" in the "Weakness" table, there is 1x no space in front of the "-" and 2x a space in front of the "-".

Another thing is that I'd make it look somewhat the same for all cards.
Compare "Nightmare | Nightmare" with "Drain Life | Siphon Life". -> one fat table vs. one thin table.

Nightmare | Nightmare is not up to date. The notes are outdated if you look at the GotP section in the notes. Didn't check the other cards, if there is something else outdated.

anything
blarg: