*Author

Offline eaglgenes101

• Reputation Power: 29
  • eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The rising all-'rounder of Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Quantum Pendulum | Quantum Pendulum https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14083.msg512018#msg512018
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2012, 06:58:26 am »
I suggest we get a random quanta symbol in the game. Then the text would fit and this perfectly logical card would have one less hurdle.
My 3 game-modification principles:
1. If it ain't broke, don't wreck it.
2. Simple fixes for simple problems.
3. Remember to fill in the holes.

Offline ndclub

• Reputation Power: 1
  • ndclub is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Fan of Zanz
Re: Quantum Pendulum | Quantum Pendulum https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14083.msg515937#msg515937
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2012, 12:25:01 am »
But as much as I'd love this card I'm afraid the kinds of decks that would benefit from it the most are already powerful - I'd much rather see some help to multi-element decks that are NOT rainbow

This is my biggest problem with this card. I cant think of many creative decks in need of a change that would benefit from this card, instead its more of a rich get richer addition.

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Quantum Pendulum | Quantum Pendulum https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14083.msg1143683#msg1143683
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2014, 01:42:31 am »
This card is up in oEtG now for those that want to play around with it. It allows for some very interesting deck avenues.
Nymph bow becomes a lot easier to pull off for sure. Water bows and entropy bows seem to be the other main benefactors. Mindgate gets some moderate benefit as well.
It also makes wardens become quite doable since there are so many different components that can be added. Still tricky to balance, but a little easier than at present.
Do those decks need a buff? ... maybe not as much as trio or quartets, but I don't think it will detract from the game.
If chroma mark gets added in when v1.4 is released I think these would make a very logical addition as well.
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Offline serprex

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: Quantum Pendulum | Quantum Pendulum https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14083.msg1143684#msg1143684
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2014, 01:46:31 am »
The largest issue with Quantum Pendulum is that it helps mitigate EQ for The Deck

Offline Barragor

• Barragor is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Been around for a while. Wish I could change IGN.
Re: Quantum Pendulum | Quantum Pendulum https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14083.msg1188852#msg1188852
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2015, 02:55:37 pm »
Every element has pillar and pendulums. Why is there no quantum pendulum? This card would fill that gap.

The "generates 3 random quanta - generate 1 quantum of your mark" seems fair.
The tower upgdrade "generates 3 random quanta when played" seems logical.

I could see the use of this card in: Timebows, speedbows, water decks, RTskeleton decks, mutation decks...

I think it would allow for more variatons in a lot of decks. Isn't that what a new card should do? It could also be a nice card for Halfbloods.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Offline Gorghandi

• Gorghandi hides under a Cloak.
  • chaotic lawful shaman
  • Awards: Gold Donor
Re: Quantum Pendulum | Quantum Pendulum https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14083.msg1250544#msg1250544
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2016, 12:25:05 am »
really glad to see this card has made it so high in the crucible, I'm still waiting for it to be added. tbh, I would use this if it was 1 random, then one mark. I really feel that 2 random, then one mark. would make it balanced and playable for all splash color decks. with the 2, then 1 mark, I think that it wouldn't overshadow the quantum pillar so much. guaranteed your mark is more powerful in a random situation than it seems at face value. and even if this was a 1 random then one mark, it would replace all quantum pillars in most my decks because of the guaranteed. although if it makes it in as is. I will not complain.
{ :life + :time = :death}{ :aether + :gravity + :entropy = :life}

blarg: