*Author

Offline EvaRia

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Yin yang talisman | Yin yang talisman https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11792.msg145990#msg145990
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2010, 02:30:39 am »
And the different effect depending on target is there too: the light heal will damage death or darkness creatures.
Also nice concept, and I like the balance of making it a neutral (other) card.

Maybe you could make it have one of three effects, depending on your quantum pools (to reflect the notion of balance between yin and yang)

1. Generate 1 :darkness and 1 :light when you have the same size  :darkness and  :light pools
2. Heal yourself for one amount when you have more  :light
3. Damage the enemy for an amount when you have more  :darkness

That way you would have to play cards costing  :darkness and  :light in order to tip the balance from one to the other, and if you find balance, this will grant you power (but using that power will unbalance again). My only worry is card space and description size.
dont really wanna change the card effect but if people think your idea works then maybe ill change it.
It's a bit complicated, but I think that mechanic would work better.

Offline bored_ninja777Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 13
  • bored_ninja777 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bored_ninja777 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Yin yang talisman | Yin yang talisman https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11792.msg146001#msg146001
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2010, 02:44:18 am »
And the different effect depending on target is there too: the light heal will damage death or darkness creatures.
Also nice concept, and I like the balance of making it a neutral (other) card.

Maybe you could make it have one of three effects, depending on your quantum pools (to reflect the notion of balance between yin and yang)

1. Generate 1 :darkness and 1 :light when you have the same size  :darkness and  :light pools
2. Heal yourself for one amount when you have more  :light
3. Damage the enemy for an amount when you have more  :darkness

That way you would have to play cards costing  :darkness and  :light in order to tip the balance from one to the other, and if you find balance, this will grant you power (but using that power will unbalance again). My only worry is card space and description size.
dont really wanna change the card effect but if people think your idea works then maybe ill change it.
It's a bit complicated, but I think that mechanic would work better.
his or mine? mine is pretty simple... but maybe make a poll of it later.. idk.
~McPasty was here~

Offline EvaRia

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Yin yang talisman | Yin yang talisman https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11792.msg146004#msg146004
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2010, 02:48:36 am »
His

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Yin yang talisman | Yin yang talisman https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11792.msg147399#msg147399
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2010, 06:11:07 pm »
CURATOR COMMENT
-Try to capitalize the words 'Yang' and 'Talisman' on your Card image and in the table
-Fix the discrepancies between the Card Text and the Table (remove the number '1' from the table - add the icons to match the image ( :light, :darkness) - add the word 'your' to the table before opponent for the ability that requires :darkness quanta - *capitalize some words*)

* = optional

I have no idea how this card even works now - you should probably explain in your 'Notes' section of the table on how this card works (i.e. - what would happen if you have both forms of quanta for the ability cost?). The fact that this card can use two different abilities with two different forms of quanta is quite a stressful thing to program - but aside from that, this can be easily exploited in any deck that uses lots of :darkness quanta.

• bored_ninja777 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bored_ninja777 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Yin yang talisman | Yin yang talisman https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11792.msg147407#msg147407
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2010, 06:32:31 pm »
looks like i beat you to it and started fixing this one right away based on other card comments. i think its more explained and fixed the ability etc.
~McPasty was here~

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Yin yang talisman | Yin yang talisman https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11792.msg150440#msg150440
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2010, 11:34:42 pm »
looks like i beat you to it and started fixing this one right away based on other card comments. i think its more explained and fixed the ability etc.
Nicely done  ;), but...

-You need to remove the period in your table - it's not found in the image after the description
-Change the word 'Ability' to 'Text' due to the recent changes found here (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,5039.msg156494#msg156494)

Re: Yin yang talisman | Yin yang talisman https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11792.msg150691#msg150691
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2010, 11:13:54 am »
all fixed
~McPasty was here~

murtle

Re: Yin yang talisman | Yin yang talisman https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11792.msg150710#msg150710
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2010, 12:28:29 pm »
nice card
really like it :D

Re: Yin Yang Talisman | Yin Yang Talisman https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11792.msg154426#msg154426
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2010, 11:52:09 am »
Vote for this in crucible :)

Any thoughtful comments/suggestions welcome.

If it does not make it further in voting what should i do?
possible idea so far : Change gain life cost to 2 :light leave :darkness for other half?

If anyone needs more clarification on how it works this is how i mean for it to work
Play it to the field as a permanent. Click the card to activate it. The game asks you to target putting a target on you or on the opponent. Whichever is chosen that cost will be used.. Target self the :light cost.. Target Opponent the :darkness cost.
~McPasty was here~

Offline ratcharmer

• Reputation Power: 10
  • ratcharmer is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.ratcharmer is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I'm back, it's been a while.
Re: Yin Yang Talisman | Yin Yang Talisman https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11792.msg183173#msg183173
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2010, 12:13:29 am »
Hmm  . . . usually the cost to activate an ability is paid before you pick the target. I'm not really sure if the card can be coded to work that way or not . . .

Re: Yin Yang Talisman | Yin Yang Talisman https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11792.msg183193#msg183193
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2010, 01:05:45 am »
Hmm  . . . usually the cost to activate an ability is paid before you pick the target. I'm not really sure if the card can be coded to work that way or not . . .
im sure it cant be that hard to code though to add that in.
~McPasty was here~

Immolation

Re: Yin Yang Talisman | Yin Yang Talisman https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11792.msg183210#msg183210
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2010, 01:31:36 am »
Needs better artwork...Something more...Talisman-like.

anything
blarg: