*Author

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Time Machine | Improved Time Machine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17727.msg228093#msg228093
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2010, 08:54:42 am »
CURATOR COMMENT
-Replace the :time icon in the ELEMENT section of the table with the word 'Time'; :time means Time quanta, not the element Time. The two are not interchangeable.
-Remove the excess :time icons in the COST section of the table (it should read '6 :time' for example)
-Leave the ATK|HP section of the table blank if the card is not a creature (do not include words/phrases such as 'Permanent' or 'N/A', just leave it empty if it's not a creature)
-Cite the artist name as Dawid Michalczyk (look at the bottom of the page)

Offline Bieber4Ever98Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Bieber4Ever98 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I'm interested in this game.
Re: Time Machine | Improved Time Machine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17727.msg230423#msg230423
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 09:34:57 pm »
;D Made it to the Crucible. 

Anyway to make the card more cool and more balanced ?

If you like the card you can vote for it at : http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,5514.0.html
My real-life sucks. So i come online to compensate that.

Offline SpikeSpiegel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of TimeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of TimeMS Paint Card Art #3 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: Time Machine | Improved Time Machine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17727.msg243375#msg243375
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 08:05:07 pm »

(This comment is part of Option II - Phase 1 Time Trial)

Here’s another Time permanent I like.

Card cost, quite high for a permanent, seems appropriate especially in relation with this strong ability; quanta consumption is necessary to ensure this card is not too OP, and 3 time quanta/turn is pretty balanced (as teached by Flooding/Inundation).

As this card is builded well, I’m not in full agreement with the choose of the element skill; I’m a huge fan of synergies and I would have chosen as element skill Gravity (perhaps Gravity, with its arts, reminds me of something mechanical/robotic…).

Apart from that detail, I find very interesting its ability to use deck on both sides that would be the starting point of new type of strategies; for example, Time Machine would make Golden/Electrum Hourglass (quite) obsolete, and it would be a great counter to Rewind/Reverse Time.

I like this card too because its ability to avoid deck-out is good as that of eternity, and this would allow the use of another weapon (NB: not necessary a brand new time weapon. Owl’s Eye/Eagle’s Eye with a creature like Déjà vu/Elite Déjà vu could be an interesting combo…).

I think it’s time for Time (sorry for pun) to take full control on draws…and this card is a nice example of what can do it.

;)
Game questions? Go FAQ yourself!
Forum questions? Go FAQ yourself, again!

Belthazar666

Re: Time Machine | Improved Time Machine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17727.msg244400#msg244400
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 04:52:08 am »
I don't see why you think this would replace Electrum Hourglass or make it obsolete, Spike.  I'm also not seeing how this could be used to avoid deckout. There is no guarantee that your creatures die, unless you do actually have an Owl's Eye or something similar.  I feel as if this card just doesn't work. Seems like it costs way too much, and in a duo you'll have even less Time Quanta to spare.  Perhaps it would be better to have it target creatures and send them back into the deck.

Unless there's a deck idea someone has to make me think otherwise, it just won't work once in game. It is however a great idea, just not something I think can be executed.

Splitting this into two cards might work better. Something to draw the bottom card, and as stated before, send  things to the bottom of the deck. Maybe a separate permanent that sends all killed creatures to the bottom. I get why the flooding like cost is there, since without it this would be a bit powerful in letting you do both drawing and sending back.

Decreasing the cost per turn to two, or even one, might make it more usable, removing it altogether might not even make it overly powerful, just more powerful than it is now.

EDIT: Alright, spark is a good idea for antideckout, didn't think of that. I still feel as if it isn't usable in game, though.

Offline Kakerlake

• Reputation Power: 24
  • Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Loyal supporter of Bunny
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Dog Pit #2 - PvP EventBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP EventSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup3rd Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Flavor Text #2 Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Time Machine | Improved Time Machine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17727.msg244403#msg244403
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 05:02:06 am »
What happens if this card is more than once in play?
Does your dead creature get like fractaled below your deck?

Offline SpikeSpiegel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of TimeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of TimeMS Paint Card Art #3 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: Time Machine | Improved Time Machine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17727.msg244410#msg244410
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 05:36:41 am »
I don't see why you think this would replace Electrum Hourglass or make it obsolete, Spike.  I'm also not seeing how this could be used to avoid deckout. There is no guarantee that your creatures die, unless you do actually have an Owl's Eye or something similar.  I feel as if this card just doesn't work. Seems like it costs way too much, and in a duo you'll have even less Time Quanta to spare.  Perhaps it would be better to have it target creatures and send them back into the deck.

Unless there's a deck idea someone has to make me think otherwise, it just won't work once in game. It is however a great idea, just not something I think can be executed.

Splitting this into two cards might work better. Something to draw the bottom card, and as stated before, send  things to the bottom of the deck. Maybe a separate permanent that sends all killed creatures to the bottom. I get why the flooding like cost is there, since without it this would be a bit powerful in letting you do both drawing and sending back.

Decreasing the cost per turn to two, or even one, might make it more usable, removing it altogether might not even make it overly powerful, just more powerful than it is now.

EDIT: Alright, spark is a good idea for antideckout, didn't think of that. I still feel as if it isn't usable in game, though.
I don't want to create any discussion, but i think you've to write a card comment, not a comment to my post...

However, i'm still thinkin' about every scenary for this card and differences with GH/EH, and i'll probably edit my post...

PS: I'm glad you found the answer for deck-out question...

;)
Game questions? Go FAQ yourself!
Forum questions? Go FAQ yourself, again!

Belthazar666

Re: Time Machine | Improved Time Machine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17727.msg244413#msg244413
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 05:52:00 am »
One line was directed at you, the rest of the post was about the card...

Re: Time Machine | Improved Time Machine https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17727.msg250935#msg250935
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 09:23:19 am »
It took a while to recognize that this card was heavily underpowered. Should have listened to OldTrees from the beginning.  :(

Reduced casting cost from 6|5 to 4|3 and added better description.

What happens if this card is more than once in play?
Does your dead creature get like fractaled below your deck?
Yes, it would. Think of it being similar to mindgate.

Conceptually, you can go to the past few years before and see yourself and bring him to present to have two of yourselves at the same time (in time travel fictions).

YoYoBro

Re: Time Machine | Time Portal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17727.msg251058#msg251058
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 01:55:19 pm »
The concept is really interesting, but it may be hard to code. Who knows.

Re: Time Machine | Time Portal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17727.msg251155#msg251155
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 04:34:50 pm »
The concept is really interesting, but it may be hard to code. Who knows.
Maybe. Sending a dead creature to the bottom of the deck does not exist in the game yet. Also drawing the card from the bottom of the deck. So it might need new codes.

Re: Time Machine | Time Portal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17727.msg274661#msg274661
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2011, 05:22:06 pm »
I have a really important question,

Flooding got massively buffed from absorbing  :water :water :water to only  :water each turn. Time machine card was balanced by compared to flood. Flood also has a much stronger effect than time machine. So does that mean this card is massively underpowered ?

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Time Machine | Time Portal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17727.msg274669#msg274669
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2011, 05:39:45 pm »
I have a really important question,

Flooding got massively buffed from absorbing  :water :water :water to only  :water each turn. Time machine card was balanced by compared to flood. Flood also has a much stronger effect than time machine. So does that mean this card is massively underpowered ?
I don't know about you but I was balancing it by comparison to Eternity.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

anything
blarg: