*Author

Offline dracomageatTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 15
  • dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Lord of Magnetism... ...Maybe.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
The Exiled | The Annulled https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29819.msg379493#msg379493
« on: August 12, 2011, 05:08:31 pm »
NAME:
The Exiled
ELEMENT:
Unknown
COST:
? :rainbow
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
?|?
TEXT:
This creature has no abilities.
NAME:
The Annulled
ELEMENT:
Unknown
COST:
? :rainbow
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
?|?
TEXT:
This creature has no abilities.
ART:
Dracomageat (Mark originally by Bloodshadow)
IDEA:
Dracomageat
Workings:
By clicking on this card in your hand, you will attempt to play it and in doing so, you will define its cost for the turn. The quanta cost will then become that of a random non-free card with the same unupped|upped status and will either be played immediately, draining that cost from the appropriate quanta pool(s) or tell you that you lack the quanta and remain in your hand. Either way, its cost will return to its undefined state at the end of your turn.
Once in play, this card will have both undefined attack and undefined HP. These values will be treated as infinite until checked for, at which point the become defined as values equal to that of a random creature or weapon with the same unupped|upped status. The two values are defined separately and as such can easily be from different creatures. The chimera cannot be picked. HP will return to undefined status at the end of each turn while attack will do so as soon as it is nolonger being checked, meaning that this creature could hit for a different amount of damage with every attack when adrenalined.
Changes to HP and attack are permanent, meaning that it can have the HP of a Titan one turn and shrug off the one damage from a Fire Shield but die to a Thunderstorm on your opponent's turn when its HP becomes 2. Similarly, if it has its attack doubled by Sky Blitz while adrenalined, it may attack for 30 on the first hit and then have double the no attack of a Voodoo Doll on every other hit.
This card cannot be randomly chosen by other cards or created as a mutant.
This card may never have a cost of zero and so does not count as a free card towards your single auto-mulligan.
Regardless of what the card text claims, this creature is "Airborne".
Single Card Interactions:
Shard of Readiness: No Effect
Maxwell's Demon: Atk and HP become defined. If Atk is highest, it dies.
Chaos Seed: Depends on the outcome (see individual cards).
Chaos Power: Works as normal, defining HP for the turn, changes staying even after the values become undefined again.
Mutation: No effect.
Fallen Elf: No effect.
Antimatter: No effect.
Butterfly Effect: No ability gained.
Pandemonium: Depends on the outcome (see individual cards).
Virus: No effect.
Flesh Spider: No effect.
Skull Shield: Only blocks damage.
Plague: Only removes invisibility.
Aflatoxin: No effect.
Gravity Shield: Defines HP before deciding whether or not to block it.
Momentum: No effect.
Otyugh: Will define this creature's HP before deciding whether or not to devour. If it fails, you will not get your quanta back or be allowed to devour again.
Gravity Pull: Works as normal with HP being defined on the first hit staying the same for the entirety of each turn.
Chimera: Will not see this creature.
Catapult: Will define HP and then damage based on that (chances are it'll be rubbish).
Acceleration: Will work as normal, defining HP every time the creature attacks, the changes remaining even after the values become undefined again.
Plate Armour: Will define HP when used but the +3 will remain even after the HP becomes undefined again.
Basilisk Blood: No effect.
Iridium Warden: Works as normal, defining HP for the turn.
Thorn Carapace: No effect.
Empathic Bond: Does not see this creature.
Adrenaline: Works as normal, with Atk redefined on every hit.
Mitosis: No ability gained.
Fire Bolt: Works as normal, defining HP on the first hit.
Fire Shield: Works as normal, Defining HP on the first hit each turn.
Fahrenheit: The creature will only attack for 4|5 if this is copied, no quanta bonus available.
Rain of Fire: Works as normal, defining HP for the turn.
Rage Potion: Works as normal, defining HP for the turn.
Freeze: Will not prevent attacks but will define Atk and HP, not allowing them to change until the effect wears off.
Ice Bolt: Deals damage as normal, defining HP on the first hit. If it freezes, it will not prevent attacks but will define the creature's Atk and not allow any of its values to change until the status wears off.
Ice Shield: Blocks damage as normal, freezing works as above.
Arctic Squid: Works as above.
Toadfish: No effect.
Mind Flayer: Will kill this creature.
Flooding: Has no effect on this creature as Water is among its elements.
Holy Light: Will damage this creature as both Death and Darkness are among its elements and will thus define its HP.
Guardian Angel: Cannot target this creature.
Blessing: Works as normal, defining HP for the turn.
Luciferin: No ability gained.
Hope: This creature will reduce the value by one if you own Hope.
Fog Shield: Works as normal.
Thunderstorm: Works as normal, defining HP for the turn.
Owl's Eye: Works as normal, defining HP for the turn.
Unstable Gas: Works as normal, defining HP for the turn.
Shockwave: Deals damage as normal, defining HP for the turn, but will not destroy this creature if frozen as it does not freeze normally.
Wings: Does not block this as it is airborne.
Sky Blitz: Will double Atk for the turn but not define it, allowing weird interaction with Adrenaline.
Procrastination: No effect.
Reverse Time: No effect.
Anubis: Turns it into a random regular creature before granting immortality.
Eternity: No effect.
Sundial: Works as normal.
Scarab: Will define this creature's HP before deciding whether or not to devour. If it fails, you will not get your quanta back or be allowed to devour again.
Parasite: No effect.
Dusk Mantle: Works as normal.
Nightfall: Grants bonuses without defining either stat as Darkness is among this creature's elements.
Drain Life: Works as normal, defining HP for the turn on the first hit.
Liquid Shadow: Works as normal, defining HP every time poison damage is dealt.
Nightmare: Works as normal but has weird interaction nonetheless.
Cloak: Works as normal.
Lightning: Works as normal.
Parallel Universe: Turns it into a random regular creature before copying.
Dimensional Shield: Works as normal. Mostly.
Lobotomiser: Kills this creature.
Phase Spider: No effect.
Quintessence: Turns it into a random regular creature before granting immortality.
Fractal: Works as normal but has weird interaction nonetheless.
Mindgate: Will draw the card below this one if this one is ontop.
Silence: Does not prevent this card being played.
Lore:
The Exiled/Annulled is a semi-material being from before quantum wellsprings brought life and matter to the world of elements. It seeks the destruction of everyone and everything. It's only goal is to return this world to the nothingness that it once was.
To do so, however, it must take on form and enter into the world it so despises and, as if that weren't torment enough for it, the only method of entry is through the use of the very thing that brought about its foe: quanta.
As an entity from before time itself, most time based effects do not phase this creature but lobotomising it will remove all memory of its existence, erasing it completely.
SERIES:
None.

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: The Exiled | The Annulled https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29819.msg379495#msg379495
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 05:18:18 pm »
Nice job with the template. The original  :rainbow mark was made by Bloodshadow, so he needs to be credited.

As it stands, I'm not sure if I like this card's mechanic or not - it seems complex. From what I understand, it basically uses Hatch (Fate Egg's ability) each time it takes damage or changes attack through some other source (Stat effects, buff cards, etc.).

How does Reverse Time affect this card?

Offline CCCombobreaker

• Reputation Power: 16
  • CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Sometimes still here...
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerScreenshot #3 Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: The Exiled | The Annulled https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29819.msg379500#msg379500
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 05:25:10 pm »
I think I get what you are going for and so "you define it's cost for the round" fits the flavor, but it'd probably be clearer to say "it generates a random cost".  Since when you click on it, it is assigned a random cost and then is played if you can pay that cost.  Right?
Deckbuilding mad scientist.  Come by and hang out in my stream!

• dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: The Exiled | The Annulled https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29819.msg379515#msg379515
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 06:03:45 pm »
How does Reverse Time affect this card?
Thematically, it doesn't.

I think I get what you are going for and so "you define it's cost for the round" fits the flavor, but it'd probably be clearer to say "it generates a random cost".  Since when you click on it, it is assigned a random cost and then is played if you can pay that cost.  Right?
That wording suggests that the creature would have a new cost with every click, allowing you to click it until you can play it turn 1 (not good).

EDIT: The interactions list is up. Feel free to suggest changes and please help with the Otyugh issue if you can.

Offline CCCombobreaker

• Reputation Power: 16
  • CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Sometimes still here...
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerScreenshot #3 Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: The Exiled | The Annulled https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29819.msg379518#msg379518
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 06:10:48 pm »
I guess my problem is that 'you define it's cost' made me first think "I can choose the cost?". Either of our wordings is a little vague... But like so many things in elements just clicking on it would clear it up for anyone using it...
Deckbuilding mad scientist.  Come by and hang out in my stream!

Re: The Exiled | The Annulled https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29819.msg379520#msg379520
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 06:17:05 pm »
But like so many things in elements just clicking on it would clear it up for anyone using it...
Until the next turn...

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: The Exiled | The Annulled https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29819.msg380105#msg380105
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 03:49:13 am »
You should probably fit all that into a "NOTES" row with [hr] breaks between the sections, and remove the word "None." from the "SERIES" row so it's left blank.

Also, I see no reason why you had to use a new element and quanta type (? :rainbow) when you could just send this into the pseudoquanta crucible as an other card with a quanta cost of "?".

Re: The Exiled | The Annulled https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29819.msg380188#msg380188
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 12:03:22 pm »
I figured it was better to split up the notes section and that, as :rainbow represented any element, it was the perfect simple for the job, if a little too bright.

AngeDeMort

Re: The Exiled | The Annulled https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29819.msg380256#msg380256
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 04:43:25 pm »
I don't see the confusion with the devour abilities of otyugh and scarab since you already have so many effects that first first determine hp before taking effect, wouldn't that also determine hp before deciding whether or not this is a valid target to be eaten?

Also
Once in play, this card will have both undefined attack and undefined HP. These values will be treated as infinite until checked for, at which point the become defined as values equal to that of a random creature or weapon with the same unupped|upped status
computers can't deal with infinite values it generates an error so I would changed that to just random upon entry as I think that would have the same effect your trying to get (which I think is a creature with constantly changing stats?)

Re: The Exiled | The Annulled https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29819.msg380302#msg380302
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 07:52:35 pm »
I don't see the confusion with the devour abilities of otyugh and scarab since you already have so many effects that first first determine hp before taking effect, wouldn't that also determine hp before deciding whether or not this is a valid target to be eaten?
Yes but here's the problem:
To have defined HP, this creature must be targeted.
To target this creature, Otyugh must have more HP.

So Otyugh can't target until it has defined the HP by targeting it.

computers can't deal with infinite values it generates an error so I would changed that to just random upon entry as I think that would have the same effect your trying to get (which I think is a creature with constantly changing stats?)
This is the terminology used to describe what happens. In actuality, it would have to have some real amount of HP and simply be immune to damage until the HP is otherwise defined.

davidy22

Re: The Exiled | The Annulled https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29819.msg380336#msg380336
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 11:20:46 pm »
I believe the term you are trying to get at is null. If the hp contains a null value, it is undefined and cannot have operations or logic performed on it.

AngeDeMort

Re: The Exiled | The Annulled https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29819.msg380428#msg380428
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 05:53:15 am »
Yes but here's the problem:
To have defined HP, this creature must be targeted.
To target this creature, Otyugh must have more HP.

So Otyugh can't target until it has defined the HP by targeting it.
If this is true then maxwell's demon would have the same problem as the game uses the same type of mechanic for showing available targets. When you activate either skill the game checks every creature's stats before showing you what creatures are viable targets, so if maxwell's demon is able to target this without a problem then so should otyugh. If I may suggest wording that is less confusing than "defined" and "undefined" simply say "the attack and hp change at the end of every turn" as i believe that is what your trying to express, unless I'm wrong then I just don't get how the atk and hp of this card work but still if maxwell's demon and other cards like gravity's shield can interact with this card based on determining its stats before any effect takes place then so should otyugh and scarab

anything
blarg: