*Author

Offline Korugar

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Korugar is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Korugar is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • A sporadic participant who loves Gravity.
Re: Tailwind | Tailwind https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11500.msg153292#msg153292
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 03:39:22 pm »
I agree. I didn't mean that its affect should be changed, I was just saying/clarifying that if an airborne creature with dive(like a wyrm) was on the field when this was played, it's benefit would then be doubled due to the dive.

guolin

Re: Tailwind | Tailwind https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11500.msg153297#msg153297
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 03:40:36 pm »
Nice in Firefly and Wyrm decks. :) I'm not sure about the draw a card part, though - I feel that's more reserved for Time.

murtle

Re: Tailwind | Tailwind https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11500.msg153356#msg153356
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2010, 05:23:46 pm »
6 of these and a RoL would do 7 dmg good thing its for 1 turn only :D

Offline EvaRiaTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Tailwind | Tailwind https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11500.msg163244#msg163244
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 12:24:57 am »
I was thinking and comparing with BLight, Precog, and HG, and I decided to give it a slight buff.
It's still a little bit difficult to splash into other elements (this is intended), but it makes it's usage in Air much easier.

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Tailwind | Tailwind https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11500.msg246323#msg246323
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 01:45:10 am »
Trials Phase 1 Card Idea Analysis:
This concept is slowly fading away and yet I have to say it's one that really compliments the theme of Air. A prominent theme notable in the set of Air cards is the liberty to Dive at the cost of 2 :air and double your attack. Wyrms are best known for doing this however without the help of a lot of buffing or without a very dedicated Parallel Universe/Wyrm deck, this aspect often pales in comparison to the sheer and instantaneous strength of Graboids. With this card being added to the mix the ability to Dive will take on a new, slightly stronger dimension, one it deserves. Aside it aligns with its element and even gains a slight boost if it's aligned with the Mark of :air Air.

Comparing its drawing aspect to that of Precognition I would say it is a well balanced card, gaining power the more it's used. With each Tailwind that is used the probability of gaining and playing another airborne creature on the field increases and this increases the efficacy of the Tailwind being played.

I had always thought a mass airborne creature buff spell was needed ever since the airborne passive ability was introduced, comparing it to Nightfall | Eclipse and including this card would fill in that void quite nicely and not overshadow :time Time's affinity for card advantage.

As a side note, I think the name of the card of the upgraded version is supposed to be BLACK, and I think this card deserves vrt art. I think with new art it would take on a different dimension.

Regardless of that however, I like the concept, the art and the name. Good work Evaria!!

\c:/ woot :air Air!!

EDIT: Thanks to vrt for reminding me I totally left out Sky Blitz from this analysis. For now I will just say to keep it in mind, I'll be adding a more detailed bit later on. Peace ^_^v
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline EvaRiaTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Tailwind | Tailwind https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11500.msg246382#msg246382
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 03:22:32 am »
Thanks for you analysis Hyroen ^^

This was one of my favourite card ideas that i made, and I am kind of sad at how it fizzled out.

The reason why the text is not black is because i used a really early version of the card image generator v2. I can change it back any time.

Th only problem i see with this is that with the advent of sky blitz, it may or not be overshadowed. Either way, we will see :)

blarg: