*Author

Offline manaboy100

• Reputation Power: 5
  • manaboy100 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • *staaaaaaaaaare*
Re: Incubus | Incubus + Succubus | Succubus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12247.msg154597#msg154597
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 04:50:26 pm »
Hrmm, Momentum + This card + Angel to heal = Unlimited damage as long as the combo don't break?
its slower than growth and you need a trio for making that happen :D
So what, it still can be used for Rainbow anyway >.> Rainbow always pwnz anyway, so we need more cards to help Rainbow pwnz further!
*staaaaaaaaaare*

Offline moomooseTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
  • Awards: Winner of the Mark Redesign competition!
Re: Incubus | Incubus + Succubus | Succubus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12247.msg154794#msg154794
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2010, 11:21:40 pm »
"given what they are is it reallly appropriate for the game? just asking"

they fit in to elements about as well as vampires, were wolves, angels and nymphs.  i picked the least sexy quality art i could find for a reason, tho.
moose dont say moo.

kalkiran

Re: Incubus | Incubus + Succubus | Succubus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12247.msg155198#msg155198
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2010, 04:30:20 pm »
it doesnt matter forget i said it

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Incubus | Incubus + Succubus | Succubus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12247.msg195680#msg195680
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 09:50:00 am »
CURATOR COMMENT
-You might/should change the image for Succubus... +

I say this with good intentions. Although there is nothing wrong with either of the cards, the image is... technically NSFW (Not safe for work). I applaud you for trying to choose artwork that was as least risque and sexual as possible, but I'm not sure if I should let this one advance considering that some people have sent me messages regarding the usage of some very graphic images, and seeing that this is on the borderline...  :-X

That said, loving the transformation effect from Incubus <-> Succubus with their game play mechanics. I would assume Nightmare would be such a pain to deal with if you're facing a mono-darkness like this, except the :fire ability would prevent endless exploitation. ^^;

• Legendary Member
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
Re: Incubus | Incubus + Succubus | Succubus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12247.msg196186#msg196186
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 01:23:52 am »
this card is "fixed"
moose dont say moo.

smuglapse

Re: Incubus | Incubus + Succubus | Succubus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12247.msg204299#msg204299
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2010, 03:46:21 am »
I really don't like the "only 1 active" stipulation.  What type of scenario would allow you to fractal the Incubi, kill all of them, have the appropriate :fire and then more :darkness to cast the nightmares?  I think it would be easier to chain 1 Incubus/Succubus with 6 Nightmares from your hand.

Also, would the death check for :fire before or after Cremation gives you the quanta?

• Legendary Member
  • I'm big in Japan.
Re: Incubus | Incubus + Succubus | Succubus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12247.msg204312#msg204312
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2010, 03:58:58 am »
doesnt have to be related to fractal.  more than 1 nightmare on a stick every set number of turns was the issue.  you dont need fractal to have the opponents deck on lockdown. thats why theres a 1 max.

it would check before cremation.

moose dont say moo.

Kael Hate

Re: Incubus | Incubus + Succubus | Succubus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12247.msg246681#msg246681
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 04:35:11 pm »
Interesting things here. Both Incubi and Succubi are known as dream invaders. Tying them to nightmare is good. Why tho does Incubi a male aspect change into Succubi a female aspect?

Nightmare is a very weak card normally but when used infinitely it becomes an awesomely effective lockdown card. It is very hard to balance and still be useful to  the player.
Some issues you need to deal with. The first is the death trigger. It will require a very complex code to evaluate and calculate that a creature is not already in play and act in a different manner to what is expected. Probably better to ignore that characterisations altogether.
Another issue is that of fire as a cost to its recreation. If I immolate an incubi, will the fire be available or not. Second to that if I have infinte fire and a protected Succubi, will all incubi be now unkillable and drifitng into negative health?
Synergy with fire seemsredundant, what does fire have to do with incubi or succubi?
What I would do with it is remove the incubi altogether and use the succubi alone. Giving the succubi a reverse time effect on itself after targeting the nightmare. You could also keep the resurrective effect by making the reverse time effect return to hand instead and also when killed. 

• Legendary Member
  • I'm big in Japan.
Re: Incubus | Incubus + Succubus | Succubus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12247.msg247559#msg247559
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2011, 08:01:29 pm »
Why tho does Incubi a male aspect change into Succubi a female aspect?

-the idea was that the male aspect does damage while setting up the lead-in to the nightmare from the female aspect.  i just put a twist on the lore that the demon can change between genders, which isn't actually all that original come to think of it.

Another issue is that of fire as a cost to its recreation. If I immolate an incubi, will the fire be available or not.

-personally i would go with a no, it died in order to create the fire quanta, rather than having the quanta available at the time of death

Second to that if I have infinte fire and a protected Succubi, will all incubi be now unkillable and drifitng into negative health?

- you can only have 1 incubus/succubus active, the others will be in stasis.  if the ones in stasis will not be losing health on their own as they are not successfully attacking.  if they are attacked and killed and there is fire quanta to allow them to switch, they will, but remain in stasis.  and continuing with that train- if any succubus is killed, even the ones in stasis, as noted in the notes, the succubus will simply die.  it only turns into an incubus after casting nightmare.

Synergy with fire seemsredundant, what does fire have to do with incubi or succubi?

-is the association between fire and darkness for demons is pretty well established, dante called it the inferno for a reason.

What I would do with it is remove the incubi altogether and use the succubi alone. Giving the succubi a reverse time effect on itself after targeting the nightmare. You could also keep the resurrective effect by making the reverse time effect return to hand instead and also when killed. 

- the intent was to have a cooldown between nightmare useage so that you couldnt use it every turn, rewind mechanics as mentioned would be a bit too quick for me.  i suppose there could be a straight up silence timer on the card itself for a few turns after each use, but i think it would be necessary to apply the silence simultaneously to all succubi on the players side of the field.
moose dont say moo.

• Legendary Member
  • I'm big in Japan.
Re: Succubus | Succubus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12247.msg270044#msg270044
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2011, 03:21:43 pm »
revamp bump
moose dont say moo.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Succubus | Succubus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12247.msg270060#msg270060
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2011, 03:59:06 pm »
This is an improvement.
A very well done improvement.

This card is balanced with or without its skill. This is good and important because it reduces the threat of a nightmare lockdown by preventing any skill use by another Succubus for 3 turns this makes the skill of all of the Succubi redundant with the first.

Although Fractal Succubi would be able to get around the once per 3 turn limit. (back to once per turn) I am not sure if Fractal Succubi would be a problem or if it would simply be a powerful denial deck like pestal or pestosis.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

• Legendary Member
  • I'm big in Japan.
Re: Succubus | Succubus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12247.msg270063#msg270063
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2011, 04:11:22 pm »
the notes specify when additional succubi are added into play, they too are silenced until the silence is lifted. so fractal wouldnt be an issue
moose dont say moo.

anything
blarg: