*Author

Offline AD TienzuStormTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 21
  • AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • I'm back bitches
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Phase Shifter | Phase Shifter https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61807.msg1231135#msg1231135
« on: April 19, 2016, 04:16:55 am »
NAME:
Phase Shifter
ELEMENT:
Aether
COST:
4 :aether
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
10 | 1
TEXT:
Unstable: Will turn into a random different card type every turn
NAME:
Phase Shifter
ELEMENT:
Aether
COST:
4 :aether
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
11 | 1
TEXT:
Unstable: Will turn into a random different card type every turn

ART:
No art
IDEA:
AD TienzuStorm
NOTES:
This card has three forms: Creature, Spell, and Permanent.

The above is the creature. That is the only card you can put in a deck (i.e. the spell and permanent are both token cards like Ash or Malignant Cell).

Spoiler for Spell and Permanent:

Unupped and upped versions of the spell/permanent are the same.

How the mechanic works
  • You play the creature Phase Shifter.
  • After attacking once, it has a 50/50 chance to turn into the spell or the permanent.
  • If it turns into the permanent, it doesn't do anything. The permanent is useless. But after one turn, the permanent has a 50/50 chance to turn back into the creature or become the spell.
  • If it turns into the spell, then a copy of the spell goes to your hand.  After using the spell, the "life cycle" of the Phase Shifter is over.

The spell is fairly straightforward. Turn a creature into a permanent that can attack (think like a weapon but not in the weapon slot) and also retains the ability. Can be used as soft CC to lower enemy attack or as protection for your own frail creatures against CC heavy enemies. Fails if there are no more permanent slots left. Sending two or more of the same creature to the permanents slots will not result in them stacking. Each "creature-permanent" will take up its own slot.
SERIES:
None
:light War #9 - Team Light :light | :life Brawl #5 - Gaia's Pride :life
Check out my card Flock!

Offline Manuel

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #11 Winner - Team LifeCard Design Competition - Help Wanted WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Competition - ChampionSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase Shifter | Phase Shifter https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61807.msg1231138#msg1231138
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 05:12:16 am »
inb4 "it fits better in entropy cuz randomness"

i like the concept, it fits in  :aether, more than the original card i like a lot phase shift, a mix up with quintessence, a reversed rage potion and the instakill freeze + shockwave, matched with a pc card (or even steal the creature)

Offline Domee

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Domee is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I like elemelons
Re: Phase Shifter | Phase Shifter https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61807.msg1231166#msg1231166
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 01:16:54 pm »
Seems way to complicated to me.Most cards are pretty straightforward
Blorp

Offline AD TienzuStormTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 21
  • AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • I'm back bitches
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Phase Shifter | Phase Shifter https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61807.msg1231173#msg1231173
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 04:41:54 pm »
Seems way to complicated to me.Most cards are pretty straightforward

If this is too complicated, then just wait until you see Espithel's stuff :P

Also, tbh, the effect itself isn't particularly complicated compared to ingame cards anyways. The wording is simple enough, and the effect raises a lot less questions compared to something like Antimatter or Shard of Integrity.
:light War #9 - Team Light :light | :life Brawl #5 - Gaia's Pride :life
Check out my card Flock!

Offline ProBacon

• Reputation Power: 6
  • ProBacon is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Best Bacon
  • Awards: War #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Phase Shifter | Phase Shifter https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61807.msg1231242#msg1231242
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 02:18:04 pm »
This seems straight forward, each turn it will be either a perm, a creature or a spell. What is so hard about that?
:air War 11 - Team Air :air
:darkness War 13 - Team Darkness :darkness
:life War 14 - Team Life :life
The mind is your only true companion

anything
blarg: