*Author

Scaredgirl

Re: Genesis | Greater Genesis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6493.msg68344#msg68344
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 10:10:18 pm »
Interesting idea. I kind of like it.

However Greater Genesis needs to be nerfed. The fact that it's free-to-play makes it way too powerful because of mulligan.

5 x Greater Genesis
25 x Non-Tower cards

With mulligan, you will most likely have at least 1 Greater Genesis in your opening hand which is all you need. 14-16 quanta in the bank after first turn, 7-8 quanta production per turn, deck full of non-pillar damage dealers (only a couple of useless Greater Genesis).

You could basically play any card as soon as you draw them.

Offline EssenceTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Genesis | Greater Genesis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6493.msg68422#msg68422
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2010, 12:45:40 am »
That's the entire idea.  I'm willing to wager that Lanidrak is right and a fast Speed Rainbow with a moderately good hand would outdamage the Greater Genesis deck simply due to having more offensive resources faster, but the Greater Genesis deck would be much more stable at the loss of that 'hand-dump' speed boost. 

I don't, however, think it would be overpowered.  Giving up 7 potentially-offensive cards at the beginning of the game and then casting everything you draw just isn't really all that strong compared to a pure rush deck.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline Terroking

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The best practice is experience.
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Earth2nd Trials - Master of Earth1st Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2010 2nd Place9th Tournament 1st PlaceDesign A Quest 1st PlaceSS competition #1 2ndHalfblood Recruiter
Re: Genesis | Greater Genesis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6493.msg68456#msg68456
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2010, 02:12:08 am »
That's the entire idea.  I'm willing to wager that Lanidrak is right and a fast Speed Rainbow with a moderately good hand would outdamage the Greater Genesis deck simply due to having more offensive resources faster, but the Greater Genesis deck would be much more stable at the loss of that 'hand-dump' speed boost. 

I don't, however, think it would be overpowered.  Giving up 7 potentially-offensive cards at the beginning of the game and then casting everything you draw just isn't really all that strong compared to a pure rush deck.
That's because it would be under-powered. You'd be sacrificing your entire hand just to get some Towers out, and then you'd mbe limited to 1 creature per turn, if that.

On the other hand, 2 Supernovas can generate enough quanta to easily empty your hand and play 3-4 creatures, and they almost always come out 2nd turn.
I ask nothing of humanity but fairness in all things, but I do not expect even that.

• Legendary Member
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Genesis | Greater Genesis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6493.msg68837#msg68837
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2010, 10:57:50 pm »
See?  When SG says it needs nerfing and Terroking says it's underpowered, I have to assume it's about right. 

8)

Terro: Imagine this with a :time mark rainbow and lots of Hourglasses.   Better?  :)
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline Terroking

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The best practice is experience.
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Earth2nd Trials - Master of Earth1st Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2010 2nd Place9th Tournament 1st PlaceDesign A Quest 1st PlaceSS competition #1 2ndHalfblood Recruiter
Re: Genesis | Greater Genesis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6493.msg68923#msg68923
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2010, 01:51:19 am »
Still nothing, I'm afraid.
I ask nothing of humanity but fairness in all things, but I do not expect even that.

bojengles77

Re: Genesis | Greater Genesis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6493.msg75719#msg75719
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 06:20:30 am »
SG makes a valid point about the auto mulligan feature. Having 5 or 6 of these as your only pillar, then a life rush deck for the remainder of the cards can create some serious rush. The downfall is, although there may be a steady quantum flow, you really only need one of these for life, so if you draw ones later in the game, there's no way you'd want to get rid of all the creatures in your hand (if you have any), and you probably don't need that many pillars anyways. This can give a quick beginning with great quanta, but it can slow down the game as you can only play one card per turn, as opposed to maybe playing 3x towers + Giant Frog first turn, then you can sometimes play 2 creature at once in consequent turns. Considering it has equal weight in pros and cons, i'd say its a pretty balanced card.

Tukkun

Re: Genesis | Greater Genesis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6493.msg80180#msg80180
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2010, 05:54:31 am »
Greater Genesis sure should cost 2 instead.

• Legendary Member
Re: Genesis | Greater Genesis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6493.msg80781#msg80781
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2010, 02:20:03 am »
Greater Genesis having a cost above zero would negate the entire point of the card.

Scaredgirl

Re: Genesis | Greater Genesis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6493.msg80947#msg80947
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2010, 10:26:06 am »
Greater Genesis having a cost above zero would negate the entire point of the card.
You might want to read again that post of mine and think about that deck and that situation.

Lanidrak

Re: Genesis | Greater Genesis https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6493.msg141209#msg141209
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010, 11:04:28 am »
Necro-Post
Thought i'd bring this post back to life.

Quote from: Elements Forum
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 60 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

This card will have extremely limited usage. But, should we not be allowed to create completely unique decks?

Take Hope for example. It is only really 'powerful' in a deck that uses Fractal/Ray of Light or Bio-luminescence/Spam Creatures.

Bonewall, for another example. Is again, only really powerful in a situation where you can constantly kill creatures - or perform a mass-kill. Otyughs/Boneyard or Rain of Fire respectively.

While I still stand by my earlier point, that a pure 30 card rush deck (with Towers) might be faster and more efficient. I still believe that this card or concept has potential.

I think that to replace all your cards in your hand with Pillars/Towers is akin to shooting yourself in the foot.

So, why not re-work it?

Here are some draft options:

a) Play this card, 3 pillars/towers into play. Suffer some negative consequence. Maybe, don't draw a card for the next turn/two turns?

b) Play this card. Target friendly creature dies, gain 3 pillars/towers.

c) Play this card (permanent). The next 3 cards you draw will be pillars/towers. Draw a card.

d) Play this card. Gain +20 quanta. You now gain no quanta for the next 3 turns.

anything
blarg: