*Author

Rooftrellen

Re: Expanding Universe | Expanding Universe https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15522.msg200214#msg200214
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 01:56:05 pm »
Expand would suggest multiplying to me.

I think "Add 15/x to all pendulum and pillar stacks" would be better wording.  Expand is ambiguous, and, as I said, seemed more to suggest multiplying, rather than adding.

As for the card itself, I don't think it would be very useful in many decks.

To take advantage, it would have to be used early AND you would have to have more pillar stacks than your opponent.

It would take a very specific deck to really take advantage of the card, since most rainbows will have 1 or 2 stacks.  And if you can't get enough gravity early, the bonus doesn't mean much.  If your opponent has as many or more stacks than you, its bad to use.

Just imagine if you are running mono gravity, trying to get this out early to win fast, and your opponent is running fire/earth.

You may have gravity pillars and pendulums.  They may have fire pillars, earth pillars, and pendulums of both.  No matter when you played this card, assuming at least one of each of the sources of quanta was already out (quite likely given the cost), you will get 30/X (40/X for the upped) extra quanta generating permanents.  Your opponent would get 60/X (80/X for the upped) extra quanta generating permanents, making it a poor idea to use it at all.

If its not in a mono/duo deck, it will likely be too slow to use to be worth making space for it, when you could toss in another pillar that could be played at any time, without needing to save up a ton of gravity quanta.  It would likely be faster than getting one or two extra pillars/pendulums on every stack, anyway.

Can you give some example of how this card might be used without hurting you more than helping most of the time?

Indrejue

Re: Expanding Universe | Expanding Universe https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15522.msg200242#msg200242
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 02:48:45 pm »
well for one thing it only increases your stacks not your opponents.  if you guys feel the quanta cost it to high i can lower the quanta cost if the you feel the number i divide by is to low i can increase that  just tell me how you feel it would be best optimized without becoming op that was the whole reason i made it low production and high cost in the first place was to prevent it from just op everything

Offline AnonymousRevival

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • AnonymousRevival is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.AnonymousRevival is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.AnonymousRevival is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.AnonymousRevival is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.AnonymousRevival is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Aethemera, aether et lux
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Expanding Universe | Expanding Universe https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15522.msg200967#msg200967
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2010, 01:08:53 pm »
I think it would be good if you started a poll.
Ignotum venit retro vivere. :aether :light

Rooftrellen

Re: Expanding Universe | Expanding Universe https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15522.msg201676#msg201676
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2010, 01:59:43 pm »
If it doesn't add to your opponent's stacks, the wording is incorrect.

It currently says all stacks, not your stacks, which means it would affect your's and your opponent's.

Still, I am wondering how often it would be better to use this than just another pillar.  The math is going to be fuzzy regardless, but it doesn't feel like it would ever be good to have this over another pillar, due to the fact you can instantly play a pillar without cost, and you can have quanta after playing it to use other things.

This card would catch up eventually, except for cases with 1 stack when only 1 card would be gained, but it would take so long to see significant benefits...not sure the cost is worth it.  Lowering the cost would make it easier to get out earlier, which would make it better, but I'm not sure how that might affect rush decks.

Indrejue

Re: Expanding Universe | Expanding Universe https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15522.msg204604#msg204604
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2010, 05:15:46 pm »
ok so here is original cards

and here is the new modified cards

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Expanding Universe | Expanding Universe https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15522.msg205483#msg205483
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2010, 08:08:09 pm »
CURATOR COMMENT
-Fix all of the spelling, grammar, and context discrepancies between the table's Text and your card's text description: ("pendulim" should be spelled 'pendulum', add a period after 'number' in the card image; have the table's text match the card image)

This is a really weird idea for quanta gain. >_> I'm not sure I understand it perfectly, but I don't think :gravity has issues with obtaining its own :gravity quanta per se, not to mention that this consuming all of the :gravity quanta doesn't provide that much of a benefit compared to Miracle or Fractal...

Indrejue

Re: Expanding Universe | Expanding Universe https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15522.msg219605#msg219605
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2010, 06:03:04 pm »
k grammar errors fixed now can i be in crucible

blarg: