*Author

Offline eaglgenes101Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 29
  • eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The rising all-'rounder of Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Coral | Coral https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35676.msg448852#msg448852
« on: January 14, 2012, 01:30:43 am »

NAME:
Coral
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
2 :water
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
0 | 3
TEXT:
Gains 1 HP per 15 combined :water and :earth quanta each turn.
 :earth : Hide
Hide a creature.
NAME:
Coral
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
2 :water
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
0 | 5
TEXT:
Gains 1 HP per 10 combined :water and :earth quanta each turn.
 :earth : Hide
Hide a creature.
ART:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/usfwspacific/5565696408/ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/usfwspacific/5565696408/) - CC-BY
IDEA:
eaglgenes101
NOTES:
The "Hide" skill burrows a targeted creature until the Coral is removed from play or the skill "Unhide" is used. Unhide costs 0 quanta. Unhide replaces Hide when Coral hides a creature, and vice versa.

Combined quanta: Add the number of quanta of each element and use that number.
SERIES:
n/a (I may have to start a "Sea Creatures" series soon to keep track of all my ideas)
My 3 game-modification principles:
1. If it ain't broke, don't wreck it.
2. Simple fixes for simple problems.
3. Remember to fill in the holes.

Offline rickerd

• Reputation Power: 11
  • rickerd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.rickerd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Close to lvl 70
Re: Coral | Coral https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35676.msg448979#msg448979
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 11:25:15 am »
I don't think much people are going to use it
If you're weak, then run, but toward your enemy

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Coral | Coral https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35676.msg449016#msg449016
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 05:21:45 pm »
Why?
I'd use it , for CC
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline rickerd

• Reputation Power: 11
  • rickerd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.rickerd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Close to lvl 70
Re: Coral | Coral https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35676.msg449019#msg449019
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 05:29:42 pm »
Why?
I'd use it , for CC
to burrow you opponents creature?? OOOH! I didn't thought about that posiblity, i thought it was only to protect own creatures  :-X :-X :-X
If you're weak, then run, but toward your enemy

• eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Coral | Coral https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35676.msg449172#msg449172
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 05:02:04 am »
I added a poll to see if I should change this card.

Offline Daguerreo

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Daguerreo is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Glu Glu Glu
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Coral | Coral https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35676.msg452950#msg452950
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 11:38:25 am »
Gains 1 HP per 15 combined
What does it means?

Fractal

Re: Coral | Coral https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35676.msg452955#msg452955
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 12:21:27 pm »
What does it means?
The OP may correct me on this, but I think it means that after the end of your turn, you will gain 1 HP for every 15 quanta from the water and earth elements. I assume the skill is passive and counts the quanta from both earth and water pools.

So basically, if you have 8 :earth and 7 :water, you would gain 1 HP after each turn.

But on to the card, here is my verdict: majorly underpowered and pretty useless. The card's healing ability is pretty weak and makes this card only usable in a mono :water deck, or duo :water / :earth deck. Rainbow decks don't have that much quanta laying around for the heal to be useful.

The Hide ability is pretty useful on your own creatures if you are suspecting danger, but pretty underpowered against your opponent. When you think about the currently available creature control cards, this card is pretty dumb. Most CC cards or creatures just kill your enemy, or stall your enemy for several turns, comparing to that this isn't very effective. :(

EDIT: And why would you even want to make enemy creatures hidden? That would mean you couldn't even target them while they are hidden.

That's my two cents.

Re: Coral | Coral https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35676.msg453133#msg453133
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 10:25:51 pm »
What does it means?
The OP may correct me on this, but I think it means that after the end of your turn, you will gain 1 HP for every 15 quanta from the water and earth elements. I assume the skill is passive and counts the quanta from both earth and water pools.

So basically, if you have 8 :earth and 7 :water, you would gain 1 HP after each turn.

But on to the card, here is my verdict: majorly underpowered and pretty useless. The card's healing ability is pretty weak and makes this card only usable in a mono :water deck, or duo :water / :earth deck. Rainbow decks don't have that much quanta laying around for the heal to be useful.

The Hide ability is pretty useful on your own creatures if you are suspecting danger, but pretty underpowered against your opponent. When you think about the currently available creature control cards, this card is pretty dumb. Most CC cards or creatures just kill your enemy, or stall your enemy for several turns, comparing to that this isn't very effective. :(

EDIT: And why would you even want to make enemy creatures hidden? That would mean you couldn't even target them while they are hidden.

That's my two cents.
The hide ability also halves the damage from the target and prevents the opponent from buffing the creature further unless they brought their own CC, which isn't common in rush decks.

Fractal

Re: Coral | Coral https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35676.msg453161#msg453161
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 10:59:15 pm »
Well that's a valid point, and a good one for sure. Also realized that the hiding prevents creatures like Lava Golem from growing, which is neat.

Guess I'm just concerned of this card's utility versus it's cost in a deck, obviously the card is cheap but is it worth putting in the deck? I would definetly want to see the healing buffed just a little bit.

Of course I'm no expert, just throwing ideas around. :)

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Coral | Coral https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35676.msg453164#msg453164
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 11:04:50 pm »
How would it prevent Lava Golem from growing?  Unless it replaces the ability, wouldn't creatures with Growth still be able to buff themselves?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but only one creature can be hidden per coral?

Fractal

Re: Coral | Coral https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35676.msg453167#msg453167
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 11:13:04 pm »
How would it prevent Lava Golem from growing?  Unless it replaces the ability, wouldn't creatures with Growth still be able to buff themselves?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but only one creature can be hidden per coral?
Well I'm not sure if the card works that way, but it would seem logical to me. If you burrow your enemy's creature, it cannot use abilities? Maybe the OP can tell his vision on this.

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Coral | Coral https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35676.msg453170#msg453170
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 11:15:04 pm »
Yeah...

Just a suggestion, but building on that, what if the ability replaced the target's ability with Burrow in addition to "hiding" it?  Would the be too OP?

blarg: