*Author

Offline nighthawk475Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 1
  • nighthawk475 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • ๖ۜControl • ๖ۜFatigue • ๖ۜWin
Received "Ash" as an award from winning an arena game. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63775.msg1252731#msg1252731
« on: December 03, 2016, 10:37:07 am »
Title says it all, on the post game awards screen I got the card "Ash" (the thing a dead phoenix turns into) as my reward.
I am pretty sure it was against a 1hp deck that I beat quickly, so it wasn't even like they could have shuffled an ash on board into their deck to explain this somehow, so I'm really not sure how this happened.

Pictures included as proof, as well as a bit of some context from the blab chat where I mentioned this.

Things I've already tried / results:
relogging - it's still there
putting it into a deck - it let me
putting it into a deck with 6 phoenixes - it let me
playing against level1 ai with ash in the deck - it worked (and I drew and played ashe for 7 mana as expected)
tried to queue into pvp with someone from blab chat, it seems the game does recognize that my deck is not valid and won't match me with someone while I have ash in my deck (tried multiple times and every time I took ash out and replaced it with phoenix it instantly let me find a match, both pvp1 and 2)
tried to play the pvp duel (no rewards) and it let me play with someone from chat using, drawing, and playing ash

I haven't tried (and dont plan to) putting it into an arena deck, but given that's how I found it, I'll assume that works too.

Pics: (nicer versions of the two linked in the chat log below - )
Spoiler for Hidden:

Chat log:
Spoiler for Hidden:
[04:18:09] ‹nighthawk475› uh
[04:18:21] ‹nighthawk475› I just got "Ash" the card, as a reward from arena?
[04:18:34] ‹nighthawk475› the thing phoenixes turn into...
[04:18:38] ‹dawn_to_dusk› Pics or it didn't happen
[04:18:55] ‹nighthawk475› [**redacted link** see above spoiler]
[04:19:02] ‹DoctorC› ‹@nighthawk475› That's impossible, isn't it? o.o
[04:19:09] ‹nighthawk475› two monitors, pay attention to right half only
[04:19:11] ‹nighthawk475› it should be @.@
[04:19:25] ‹nighthawk475› I'll put it in a deck and see what happens, lol
[04:20:13] ‹nighthawk475› followup: [**redacted link** see above spoiler]
[04:20:14] ‹DoctorC› ‹@nighthawk475› What kind of sorcery is that? O.O
[04:20:15] ‹nighthawk475› it worked
[04:20:42] ‹nighthawk475› queued into l1 ai so I could back out to menu and replay until I found it in my opening hand
[04:20:55] ‹nighthawk475› wtf
[04:23:00] ‹DoctorC› Wait. If you got Ash from someone in the Arena, then that means that this someone had Ash card too...
[04:23:14] ‹DoctorC› That's creepy.

On the bright side - at least since it costs 7 to play there's almost no gain from putting ash into a deck by itself, so this shouldn't affect balance/gameplay if it becomes more widespread... (I'm tempted to try upgrading it, but I have better things to waste 1500g on atm)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 10:46:48 am by nighthawk475 »

Offline Ides Usher

• Ides Usher is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: Received "Ash" as an award from winning an arena game. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63775.msg1252734#msg1252734
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 12:58:04 pm »
I do not have better things to waste 1500g on, and here is the picture of the Ash card I won yesterday playing against a 1 hp deck.

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Received "Ash" as an award from winning an arena game. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63775.msg1252749#msg1252749
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 07:04:25 pm »
Heh, at least that's a cool bug, rather than a debilitating one :p  It really should be fixed, but I hope I can get an ash before then, lol.

Offline kirbylover314

• Reputation Power: 17
  • kirbylover314 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kirbylover314 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kirbylover314 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • They see me rollin', they hatin'
  • Awards: Battle League 3/2016 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Received "Ash" as an award from winning an arena game. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63775.msg1252750#msg1252750
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 07:12:16 pm »
Where are you guys playing to get these Ashes? Silver with the NaN's?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 10:20:03 pm by kirbylover314 »

Offline nighthawk475Topic starter

• nighthawk475 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • ๖ۜControl • ๖ۜFatigue • ๖ۜWin
Re: Received "Ash" as an award from winning an arena game. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63775.msg1252762#msg1252762
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 10:15:45 pm »
What are you guys playing to get these Ashes? Silver with the NaN's?

Nope, mine was bronze and definitely not a NaN, it was a 1hp deck however.

I do not have better things to waste 1500g on, and here is the picture of the Ash card I won yesterday playing against a 1 hp deck.

Thanks! Lol, I expected it to work but it's still funny to have confirmed.

I think the troubling part about this bug though is that whoever had the first ash and began spreading it to others via arena likely hacked it in? (Unless there's some weird bug that allowed an ash to be given to a player by someone who was running phoenix and no ash)
That may imply there's some way to hack in any card as well (upgraded, nymphs, etc) which ought to all be controlled server side and untouchable by the player. Perhaps this indicates a much bigger bug is possible that needs addressing.

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: Received "Ash" as an award from winning an arena game. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63775.msg1252763#msg1252763
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 10:26:28 pm »
My theory is that, due to how the game's horribly dying, it can't sustain 500 decks in each arena at once.
The game allows you to fight the top 500 decks, but there are more than 500 decks in each arena. I assume that there's some extremely old decks in each arena... Old enough that they may have old cards, like colourless shards.

When the game tries to call these very old decks up because they're now higher ranked than the top 500, their age most likely corrupts their data, causing ashes to happen.

Have people obtained anything other than ashes? What other cards were in these decks?

Offline Ides Usher

• New to Elements
Re: Received "Ash" as an award from winning an arena game. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63775.msg1252765#msg1252765
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2016, 11:32:47 pm »
I was also playing bronze. When my arena deck reaches one HP I change it to a shard farm until it drops off. Perhaps I'll try putting the Ash in next time.

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Received "Ash" as an award from winning an arena game. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63775.msg1252780#msg1252780
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2016, 01:36:59 pm »
Have people obtained anything other than ashes? What other cards were in these decks?
I can confirm winning a Holy Cow from another deck, but it's worthless, as it costs 9 :light for a 4|1 creature.
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline Ides Usher

• New to Elements
Re: Received "Ash" as an award from winning an arena game. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63775.msg1252940#msg1252940
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 11:47:14 am »
I put the upgraded Ash card in my shard farm. Play platinum to see if you can get it.

Edit: The farm is done, I hope someone could get that Ash. Next time my deck gets to 1 hp I will make another farm.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 11:26:11 am by Ides Usher »

blarg: