*Author

Offline KuroaitouTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Voting: Card Design War! (The FINAL Round...) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23382.msg297801#msg297801
« on: March 25, 2011, 05:22:34 am »
Voting for Card Design War #1 (Final Round)
Note: The Round number will obviously change as this progresses.

Even 'duel' will be separate from the other; voters should carefully look at each card duel to see who created the better idea with the given card art and specialized requirements. You may ONLY vote for one of the candidates for each poll. When the voting phase is over, all polls will be locked, and the final score will be shown on the brackets.

Good luck to all the candidates! :)

Final Round Special Requirements:
  • You MUST fulfill 5 of the requirements used in the previous rounds. You may choose what requirements to fill, but you must list what requirements you satisfied within your NOTES section of the competition entry.
  • You cannot use the word, 'Elite', in the card NAME.
  • The COST of both cards must be an even number. (0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12...)
  • Both cards cannot have the same COST.
  • The COST of both cards must be a minimum of 7 quanta. (Example: Obsidian Dragon, Thorn Carapace, Rain of Fire)
  • The COST of both cards needs to be equal to the number of characters (numbers and letters) in your forum name. (Example: Kuroaitou = 9 letters; the card must cost 9 quanta)
  • If the card is a creature, it must have a passive skill. (Example: Airborne, Poisonous, Voodoo, Obsession)
  • If the card is a creature, it must have a equivalent stats to a creature already in its element. (Example: If it's a Gravity creature, it could have stats of 0|3 like the Otyugh, or 2|30 like the Elite Armagio. If it's a Time creature, it could have stats like Deja Vu with 1|1, etc.)
  • If the card is a creature, it MUST have an active ability of the opposite element. (Examples: Steam Machine, Anubis)
  • If the card is a permanent, it must have an activated ability. (Examples: Golden Hourglass, Pulverizer, Trident, Trebuchet, Mindgate)
  • If the card is a permanent, it must have some form of 'counters' or a timed duration to it. (Examples: Bone Wall, Sundial, Hope, Wings, Phase Shield, Cloak)
  • If the card is a permanent, it needs to consume quanta from the user while it's in play (Examples: Dissipation Shield, Flooding)
  • If the card is a spell, it should not force the player to target something in order to work. (Examples: Black Hole, Nova, Heal, Purify, Poison, Precognition)
  • If the card is a spell, it must drain all quanta (of an element) the moment it is used (Examples: Miracle, Fractal)
Congratulations to majofa!

FINAL DUEL:
TOURNAMENT CARD IDEA - Curator approval not required - DO NOT MODIFY THIS PART
NOTES:
  • You cannot use the word, 'Elite', in the card NAME.
  • The COST of both cards must be an even number. (0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12...)
  • The COST of both cards must be a minimum of 7 quanta. (Example: Obsidian Dragon, Thorn Carapace, Rain of Fire)
  • The COST of both cards needs to be equal to the number of characters (numbers and letters) in your forum name. (Example: Kuroaitou = 9 letters; the card must cost 9 quanta)
  • If the card is a spell, it should not force the player to target something in order to work. (Examples: Black Hole, Nova, Heal, Purify, Poison, Precognition)
  • If the card is a spell, it must drain all quanta (of an element) the moment it is used (Examples: Miracle, Fractal)
Just by looking at the art, I could tell that it's from a plasma ball (yay for having a job at a science centre). The large bulb that's in the middle of a plasma ball reminded me of Spark and Ball Lightning emitting electricity. Thus, the idea was born. However, both of them have this habit of dying immediately after attacking unless it's buffed, so I decided to use the Photon as a creature base instead, as I intended on enhancing them with an activated ability.

The seven Photons summoned to your field by the spell are 1/1 creatures with the Momentum ability (they are not given +1/+1). If there are fewer than 7 empty creature slots on your side when cast, then the spell fills those ones up, but no more. Obviously, Photon-summoning effect does not occur if you have no empty creature slots left.

Lighting Strike is an activated ability that reads "0: Sacrifice this creature. Do 3 damage to target creature or player." As usual, the newly summoned creatures have "ability sickness" and must wait a turn before using Lightning Strike. This also gives the opponent one last chance to get rid of them with mass-CC.

The upgraded version brings a double-edged sword with its global Momentum buff. It can be used to secure a win by giving all your creatures Momentum and bypassing shields. However, if the player is not careful, it could lead to a win for the opponent, especially when they unleash surprise buffing or Sky Blitz to increase their damage potential, and then bypassing your shield.
TOURNAMENT CARD IDEA - Curator approval not required - DO NOT MODIFY THIS PART
NOTES: This creature is airborne. This can target any creature or permanent in play - yours or your opponents. That may not seem that great, but there's a little more to it. If you use one of your opponent's abilities, they won't be able to use it, because it will still be in 'cooldown' during their turn. For creatures that have any kind of growth ability, the spirit gets the stat increase. In addition to using your opponent's ability, it also uses their quanta for the ability. So it can be a form of pseudo-denial.
You can use your opponent's Hourglass to draw cards for yourself.
You can use a Lava Golem to grow your own creature.
Does your opponent have an Otyugh? Have it eat your opponent's creatures and you get the stat gain. 8) (yes evil)
I'm sure there are many more uses for this ability.
- You cannot use the word, 'Elite', in the card NAME.
- The COST of both cards must be an even number. (0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12...)
- The COST of both cards needs to be equal to the number of characters (numbers and letters) in your forum name. (Example: Kuroaitou = 9 letters; the card must cost 9 quanta)
- If the card is a creature, it must have a passive skill. (Example: Airborne, Poisonous, Voodoo, Obsession)
- If the card is a creature, it must have a equivalent stats to a creature already in its element. (Example: If it's a Gravity creature, it could have stats of 0|3 like the Otyugh, or - 2|30 like the Elite Armagio. If it's a Time creature, it could have stats like Deja Vu with 1|1, etc.)

Offline Jocko

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeHoliday Fun Redux! Winner
Re: Voting: Card Design War! (Round 1) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23382.msg297803#msg297803
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 05:28:46 am »
Yess, finally :D
Well, im already voting, good luck Nepycros, and good card.

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Voting: Card Design War! (Round 1) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23382.msg297871#msg297871
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 10:32:07 am »
Next time, can you put the entire duel into one spoiler instead of two?

Offline karis

• Reputation Power: 12
  • karis is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.karis is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Old to Elements
Re: Voting: Card Design War! (Round 1) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23382.msg297884#msg297884
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 11:09:48 am »
even if it don't have this rule.  but i'm still add -1 point for card that have unupgrade name same with upgraded name ...

i'm don't vote for 3/10/13   and have a little comment for some duel

4. for me,  i'm wanna make a vote for gavsword...  i'm still think 0 quanta for 4/3 creature is a bit low...  and you can even mass it.  but when i'm see gavsword comment...  i'm think maybe you already don't wanna play in this compettition...   good bye   ^-^

12. i'm must say that i'm like this two card idea....   even if someone ever told me 'creature that have immaterial and momentum is imbalance'  but i'm still like it.   and about card that have a cost but don't rely on any element (but still wanna want air)  is also great idea for me  :P    but as i said.  -1 for card that have same name...    then i'm vote for patchx94

so deplored that i'm and retribution can't even fight each other....

whitevo

Re: Voting: Card Design War! (Round 1) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23382.msg297892#msg297892
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 11:33:46 am »
took a bit time to vote, but finally done.

My criterias how i voted:
  • How unique is card
  • Is card Balanced
  • Does picture and effect match
I hope Onizuka, agentflare, Legit, Thalas will pass since to me they were the most creative ones.

Duel 13 (Kakerlake and coinich) that was a battle in my head. It was hard to decide. Both cards are amazing.

gavsword

Re: Voting: Card Design War! (Round 1) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23382.msg297908#msg297908
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 12:47:09 pm »
4. for me,  i'm wanna make a vote for gavsword...  i'm still think 0 quanta for 4/3 creature is a bit low...  and you can even mass it.  but when i'm see gavsword comment...  i'm think maybe you already don't wanna play in this compettition...   good bye   ^-^
Yeah I wish i could redo my comments, it does appear that way. Frankly I was swamped and busy all week and this card was in the back of my mind. When I finally get around to making it, the idea came out as the old inverse nightfall, which has been overdone and the people in chat happily told me the same thing. So I played around with this card for a while longer and it finally turned out the way it did and rushed to get it in before the deadline (beat it by about 4 minutes). I realized I had deleted my notes and at this point it was quite late, so I just did something very quick. But let me clarify this I DO WANT to be in this competition, I just feel Old Trees is a much better card designer than I am at this point and I was just complaining about having to face him in the first round.

So I began with the old and abused opposite of nightfall, went searching and found out how overdone it was. So I thought on a different scale. I feel like people do not want just another nightfall, because frankly Light and Life really don't need it. For light the only cards it would benefit would be crusaders, and it could cause some serious problems against a shield for RoL. In life the card would mess up the power of Adren on creatures, though I felt the defense boost would be nice. So I moved on to this idea, a cheaper version that boosted mainly the defense and would destroy nightfall when played. The response from chat again was hard counters = bad, and I agreed so I cut out the clause. Now it needed some sort of spice to it, something different from Nightfall. Well nightfall boosted attack and acted as an enabler for some of the 0 attack creatures. So daybreak would increase defense and... and what? It took me a while to finally come up with the concept of healing the creatures per turn, which I felt was useful, but not OP (it actually seems a little UP). I felt it fit Light and Life better than simple damage, but it also wasn't good enough for the cost of nightfall and eclipse. So I wanted to make it 3 :light | 2 :light, but then realized that this cost would not fit the requirements. So they both would be 2 :light. Now I really like this final card, though I still feel like the idea is not finished. I have plans to refine it (maybe with some help from OT and the CCC), but not until after the competition and war preparation.
I really do want to be here Good luck Old Trees, best of luck voting to everyone.

Offline GG

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: Voting: Card Design War! (Round 1) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23382.msg297910#msg297910
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 12:50:55 pm »
Pokeball has to be win. If it doesn't win, you people don't have souls.
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Voting: Card Design War! (Round 1) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23382.msg297915#msg297915
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 01:19:33 pm »
All kites are different.
Some are colorful, some are plain.
Some are made of wood, some are made of metal, some are even made of fabric.
Since they're so diverse, they shouldn't be bound to any single element of quanta, right?
There are as many kites in the sky as colors in the rainbow.
Therefore, they should cost Other quanta.

However, despite these differences, kites share something in common.
They all need wind to lift them off the ground...to soar into the clouds.
They all need :air.

I feel that Azure Kite | Sky Kite fits the picture perfectly. Meta-game wise, it gives a nice mid-range attacker for Air, the element that is always the one to surprise with quirky new mechanics (animate weapon, hax shield redux, sky blitz, wings). It's pretty cheap early on, but becomes expensive, and cannot be buffed. It also isn't affected by sky blitz, and can be destroyed/stolen. However, it gives many non-Air decks an alternative form of damage...it even opens up the possibilities of new Air duos.

The mass momentum "guardian" kite Legit thought up of also uses an interesting mechanic, I don't deny that. I just want to make sure everyone looks at both cards in Duel 12. May the best card win. :>

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Voting: Card Design War! (Round 1) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23382.msg297920#msg297920
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 01:39:46 pm »
Please vote for PlayerOa at duel 10.
This is an idea that seriously needs to be in-game. Not a big card nor a small one.
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

whitevo

Re: Voting: Card Design War! (Round 1) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23382.msg297972#msg297972
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 05:40:57 pm »
Please vote for PlayerOa at duel 5.
This is an idea that seriously needs to be in-game. Not a big card nor a small one.
u mean in duel 10? since in duel 5 there are TheIdioticIdiot and Isei.

[whisper=PlayerOa] i did vote for you actually, since i like your card more than Sunnys, but still your card makes no sense, swap antimatter position or what? [/whisper]

Offline Jocko

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeHoliday Fun Redux! Winner
Re: Voting: Card Design War! (Round 1) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23382.msg297979#msg297979
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 05:54:38 pm »
[whisper=PlayerOa] i did vote for you actually, since i like your card more than Sunnys, but still your card makes no sense, swap antimatter position or what? [/whisper]
Yeah, i didn't quite get it either - both duel 10 cards were confusing to me.

SunnyGreens

Re: Voting: Card Design War! (Round 1) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23382.msg298016#msg298016
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 07:02:27 pm »
Sigh. I blame the new card creator. It leaves you so little space compared to the older ones! Either way it was tough to explain in such a small space, I guess I didn't do it well enough. So here is a brief explanation:

Duel 10 -- SunnyGreens -- "Iridescence"

You play the card and target a creature. For that turn and that turn only, whenever you spend a light quanta, you gain a free quanta of whatever type the creature you targeted was. So lets say you target a Crimson Dragon (a fire creature) with the Iridescence spell, and then you play a Pegasus card. The Pegasus costs 4 :light, so Iridescence would give you 4 :fire (since you targeted a fire creature). There is a cap on this spell of 10 quanta gained this way to avoid abuse. If you use Iridescence on a Light creature, it does not grant you free light quanta since this could also be abused. Instead, if you target a Light creature you will be given random quanta types.

Oh, and just in case...

Iridescence (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iridescence):
Iridescence (also known as goniochromism) is generally known as the property of certain surfaces which appear to change color as the angle of view or the angle of illuminaton changes. Iridescence is commonly seen in items such as soap bubbles, butterfly wings, and sea shells.

anything
blarg: