*Author

Offline MasterWalks

• Reputation Power: 0
  • MasterWalks hides under a Cloak.
  • 12 year old mobile gamer
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.06.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: The Elemental Cookbook - A Compendium and Comprehensive Compilation of Culinary Creations WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBronze DonorTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics Winner
Re: Art Competition: Definitely A Card Design Competition https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66132.msg1278009#msg1278009
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2018, 12:09:25 am »
Spoiler for Hidden:

Tools: MS Paint
:gravity War 12
:darkness War 13
:fire War 14
Credit to Wyand for Profile Picture

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: Art Competition: Definitely A Card Design Competition https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66132.msg1278070#msg1278070
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2018, 12:47:35 pm »
(DISCLAIMER: The quanta symbols belong to zanzarino, everything else is part of my work. Moreover, I know that both my artistic skills and my submission in general sucks but please do not be harsh on me. :P)

I decided to give Elements The Game a more "modern" feeling by summoning the art of the old; of course, I refer to pixel art. Vrt's art is awesome, however I think the game needs something new for a change.
 As you can see, there are 3 symbols; a monstrous footprint (creature cards), a thunder/lightning (spell cards) and a castle (permanent cards). If you hover over it and it is a creature or a weapon, it is going to reveal the attack/defense of the creature or the weapon if animated.
 The quanta cost to the right is the card cost; the quanta cost to the left is the active ability cost (if any). The card cost has free space up to 15 quanta symbols (after all, the most expensive card in the game is the non-upgraded Miracle which cost 15 :light quanta) and the active ability cost has free space up to 14 quanta symbols (in the rare case you have a mutated Elite Phase Dragon with Mitosis, if that is possible).
 The card texts were changed accordingly to fit within the space and to refer to the respective artist (me!).

Spoiler for card image examples:

« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 01:43:29 pm by ARTHANASIOS »
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: Art Competition: Definitely A Card Design Competition https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66132.msg1278153#msg1278153
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2018, 03:51:11 pm »
Only 2 days left...
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Cockatrices ftw!
Re: Art Competition: Definitely A Card Design Competition https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66132.msg1278170#msg1278170
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2018, 06:53:28 pm »
1 day left, hurry up!

Offline mathman101

• Administrator (Warblind)
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I like pet 'thoup!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Art Competition: Definitely A Card Design Competition https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66132.msg1278178#msg1278178
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2018, 03:52:31 am »
MS Paint for the win  :P

Spoiler for Hidden:

EDIT: added more card image examples. (additional creature, weapon, and shield)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 11:55:55 pm by mathman101 »
something....something....something.....

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Art Competition: Definitely A Card Design Competition https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66132.msg1278184#msg1278184
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2018, 04:19:31 pm »
I won't be able to send my submission. :( My browser didn't refresh and I thought I have time until tomorrow. Now I see that the deadline closes at tonight UTC 00:00.
I worked a lot on my cards but they are only 95% done, and I cannot work on it today, because I'm going to check the moon eclipse with a friend. Will be quite a trip
I'll be home after 00:00 for sure. :( Can't we just extend it one day? https://imgflip.com/s/meme/Shrek-Cat.jpg
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline CleanOnion

• Reputation Power: 33
  • CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • once you go spreadsheet, you never go breadsheet
  • Awards: Writing Competition - Yellow JournalismWriting Competition - FractaloreTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeArt Competition - Raise the BannersWriting Competition - The Seven Wonders3rd Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - Silver
Re: Art Competition: Definitely A Card Design Competition https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66132.msg1278185#msg1278185
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2018, 07:14:11 pm »
Can't we just extend it one day?

Yes we can

+1 day! Actually let's make that +2 days to cover the whole weekend

That's like twice as many days

You don't get that deal anywhere else
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 07:16:35 pm by CleanOnion »

Offline AvesTopic starter

• Competition Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • ~Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet~
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBest Looking Forum Profile Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSilver DonorBattle League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWinner of Card Design War #3Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Art Competition: Definitely A Card Design Competition https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66132.msg1278186#msg1278186
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2018, 07:17:54 pm »

Have a good one, Wyand.
:darkness War # 4, 9, 10
:darkness League of Shadows :darkness Brawl # 5

The Tentacle's Grip Brawl # 6

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Art Competition: Definitely A Card Design Competition https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66132.msg1278196#msg1278196
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2018, 12:04:08 pm »
Wow, thank you guys, I'm really glad! :)

ps: Sadly, the sky was totally cloudy... let's wait for the next eclipse, sigh.
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Not So Young Elemental
Re: Art Competition: Definitely A Card Design Competition https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66132.msg1278238#msg1278238
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2018, 06:25:05 pm »
This is a spaceholder post, gonna copy my entry here once I get home. Hopefully in time. Some last touches needed only.

I generally just having fun with PSP8, I am faaaaaaaar from being a professional. I guess there are some "shortcuts" I don't know, which caused a lot of
headache & extra time spent with editing.

Used software: Paint Shop Pro 8. :)
Misc used stuff: Black Magic font, Webdings font. (Used other fonts as well, but these were for used for special characters - which were also edited - you'll recognize them.)
Backgrounds: photographs made by me then edited by PSP8 (grey poplar, fat pan explosion, Danube at the time of flood) plus weird random pink thingy made by PSP8.

ENTROPY

LIFE

FIRE

WATER

« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 11:58:44 pm by Wyand »

Offline AvesTopic starter

• Competition Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • ~Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet~
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBest Looking Forum Profile Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSilver DonorBattle League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWinner of Card Design War #3Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Art Competition: Definitely A Card Design Competition https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66132.msg1278241#msg1278241
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2018, 07:37:35 pm »
Four hours remain! If you're working on a submission, be sure not to miss the deadline!
:darkness War # 4, 9, 10
:darkness League of Shadows :darkness Brawl # 5

The Tentacle's Grip Brawl # 6

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Not So Young Elemental
Re: Art Competition: Definitely A Card Design Competition https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66132.msg1278260#msg1278260
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2018, 12:03:07 am »
Huh, made it in time... I don't know if I'm permitted to edit my entry into a table, I haven't found the option in the nick of time,
these cards would look much better properly grouped.

Also wanted to figure out some solution for distinguishing upped/rare cards, didn't have enough time to implement that.
Some play with lightness for uppeds and a little visual cue for rares would suffice I guess.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 06:48:02 pm by Wyand »

anything
blarg: