*Author

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Community-recommended Decks discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40285.msg1026044#msg1026044
« Reply #144 on: December 27, 2012, 09:51:24 am »
Because there hadn't been an update for several months.  Things will get moving again when 1.32 is released.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline GeistesblitZ

• Reputation Power: 1
  • GeistesblitZ is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Community-recommended Decks discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40285.msg1026172#msg1026172
« Reply #145 on: December 27, 2012, 08:30:42 pm »
what happened to CCYB? i'm a player from years ago and i can't find the deck at all on the forums. i still have my old ccyb deck, and it still works fine, so why isn't it in the recommended decks?

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Community-recommended Decks discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40285.msg1026173#msg1026173
« Reply #146 on: December 27, 2012, 08:35:07 pm »
Because the current list of decks are recommended more by the community due to popularity, efficiency, etc.

That's not to say that CCYB doesn't work anymore, it's just a bit behind on the times.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Offline kimham8a

• Reputation Power: 16
  • kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • God of this world
Re: Community-recommended Decks discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40285.msg1026256#msg1026256
« Reply #147 on: December 28, 2012, 05:34:32 am »
what happened to CCYB? i'm a player from years ago and i can't find the deck at all on the forums. i still have my old ccyb deck, and it still works fine, so why isn't it in the recommended decks?
You could post the deck yourself along with stats for 1.31/1.32. Most people don't use CCYB anymore, but if you could show people its efficiency/winrate it would become popular again.
Hey there

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
Re: Community-recommended Decks discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40285.msg1028629#msg1028629
« Reply #148 on: January 05, 2013, 03:22:33 am »
In light of the 1.32 update, several of the decks which are no longer usable as of 1.32 will be removed from the first two posts of each CRD thread.  My plan is to update this again towards the end of the month, which means that having you, the community, revive this section is more important now than ever.

Offline eaglgenes101

• Reputation Power: 29
  • eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The rising all-'rounder of Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Community-recommended Decks discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40285.msg1029088#msg1029088
« Reply #149 on: January 06, 2013, 02:46:36 am »
There's been amazingly little action here. Am I the only one suggesting decks here?
My 3 game-modification principles:
1. If it ain't broke, don't wreck it.
2. Simple fixes for simple problems.
3. Remember to fill in the holes.

Offline kimham8a

• Reputation Power: 16
  • kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • God of this world
Re: Community-recommended Decks discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40285.msg1029117#msg1029117
« Reply #150 on: January 06, 2013, 04:00:40 am »
Would putting stats next to each of the decks in each thread be useful in anyone else's opinion?
Hey there

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Community-recommended Decks discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40285.msg1029129#msg1029129
« Reply #151 on: January 06, 2013, 04:27:02 am »
There's been amazingly little action here. Am I the only one suggesting decks here?

1.32 hasn't been here very long yet.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 09:20:25 pm by ddevans96 »
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline TribalTrouble

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Community-recommended Decks discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40285.msg1035709#msg1035709
« Reply #152 on: January 26, 2013, 03:28:58 pm »
Gravitybow is certainly a good grinder and I've recommended the unupped version to quite a few people at Kongregate. Not to mention that I used it myself, it really works very well. :)
edit: I concur with the post directly below this one by BunkeR
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 02:09:02 am by TribalTrouble »

Offline BunKeR

• Reputation Power: 3
  • BunKeR is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Antispin it .
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Community-recommended Decks discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40285.msg1035716#msg1035716
« Reply #153 on: January 26, 2013, 04:01:08 pm »
Would putting stats next to each of the decks in each thread be useful in anyone else's opinion?

I recommend it actually , stats would be a great metric .
Proud member of Team :time in War #6 =]
Gravitybow
" Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon." ~ Anger in the Sky , Ertz

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
Re: Community-recommended Decks discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40285.msg1037432#msg1037432
« Reply #154 on: February 01, 2013, 01:17:58 am »
Stuff updated.  If you find a broken link, wrong mark code, or I've forgotten how to say my ABC's, send me a PM and I'll fix it ASAP.
I'll also note that there's a disturbing lack of upped decks for AI3 when people back in the day spent hours perfecting decks to farm elders like madmen that still work today.

Concerning stats:  These will not be added to the opening post for the following reasons:
1)  The decks in the first two posts are intended to generate a list of the top 5 decks that you'd expect to be recommended to someone if they ask "What's a good/fun deck to grind X?" and without bias as to what the #1 deck is.  While decks with higher winrates do tend to become more popular than other decks of the same opponent grinding level, fun and ease of access (mainly for unupped decks) are also important factors.  Therefore if people notice that a deck is missing a list of stats then that will most likely cause them to conclude that either the deck's winrate is too low for it to be mentioned or that the deck creator was just too lazy to record them.  In either case, their interest in the other decks on the list is going to increase when the list is supposed to remain unbiased as far as outside influences go.

2)  If stats are ever added to the opening posts then it will likely become required that these decks post their losses, wins, time/turns to win, etc. for at least 200 games.  There's a terrible amount of variance that goes on in 50-100 games depending on the opponent level you're facing, and as such a person playing 50 games with a deck in Gold League may find themselves with a 90%+ winrate one day and then 60% the next.  However, that doesn't really mean that their deck had a 90% winrate, and therefore that value would be very misleading to whoever is considering taking the deck for a spin.  Even 200 games is still too few (in my opinion) to really get an accurate winrate estimate against FGs and Arena, but if we were to raise that requirement to 500-1000 then I suspect most people wouldn't bother with stats to begin with.

On a final note, to those who are considering submitting a deck in this section that have also done so in the past:  Please make a new post rather than modify your older post(s).  I don't mind if you post multiple decks at the same time, but if you're adding a new deck to a post you made over a month ago then there's a high chance that I'll assume I've already added it to the lists I have and miss it entirely.

Offline TribalTrouble

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Community-recommended Decks discussion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=40285.msg1037459#msg1037459
« Reply #155 on: February 01, 2013, 02:13:42 am »
Hmm true willing3. Very true. I think that some of that has even been said before when it was suggested, as it seemed very deja-vuish and familiar to me as I read it.

blarg: