*Author

Offline OdinVanguardTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
War Golem | Micro War Golem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59051.msg1199068#msg1199068
« on: July 30, 2015, 12:40:29 am »
NAME:
War Golem
ELEMENT:
Gravity
COST:
6 :gravity
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
2 | 12
TEXT:
Gains +2|-1 per turn. Ranged.
:time : Gain -1|+2. Shed up to 2 turns of delay / freeze status. Requires delay / freeze status.
NAME:
Micro War Golem
ELEMENT:
Gravity
COST:
3 :gravity
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
1 | 8
TEXT:
Gains +3|-1 per turn. Ranged.
:time : Gain -1|+3. Shed up to 2 turns of delay / freeze status. Requires delay / freeze status.

ART:
OdinVanguard
IDEA:
OdinVanguard
NOTES:
"Today, everything just seems to fall into place."

"But you can't take all the credit, you had an army of War Golems to back you up."

Gravity currently has a creature that starts with momentum and two that use gravity pull, but not one that starts with accelerate / overdrive. This creature should add a little symmetry.
To make it a little more interesting, I also added a soft anti-CC ability.
The ability can only be used if the golem gets frozen or delayed and effectively lets the golem convert up to 2 turns of freeze / delay duration into bonus stats.

The acceleration / overdrive per turn will continue to occur even while the creature is frozen or delayed.

If lobotomized, both abilities are removed.

SERIES:

Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Offline Monox D. I-Fly

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Monox D. I-Fly is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Always use Water element in any CCGs
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: War Golem | Micro War Golem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59051.msg1199126#msg1199126
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 05:15:28 pm »
Does Lobotomize also remove its Ranged effect?
My idealized elements cycle:
Water -> Fire -> Air -> Earth -> Lightning -> Metal -> Light -> Darkness -> Wood -> Water

Offline OdinVanguardTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: War Golem | Micro War Golem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59051.msg1199128#msg1199128
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 05:28:38 pm »
I don't know... I don't think it removes ranged from flown Bow or Owl's Eye. If that's the case than it won't remove it here either.
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: War Golem | Micro War Golem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59051.msg1199130#msg1199130
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 05:39:11 pm »
'ranged' is a passive, so it remains after lobo. The only thing OE losses is 'sniper' and the bow loses the mark bonus.
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline Monox D. I-Fly

• Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: War Golem | Micro War Golem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59051.msg1199181#msg1199181
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 11:38:24 pm »
'ranged' is a passive, so it remains after lobo. The only thing OE losses is 'sniper' and the bow loses the mark bonus.

This is what I am confused about Lobotomize. If a creature has the same passive skill as its main ability (Mummy, Skeleton, Voodoo Doll), do they lose their passive skill when getting lobotomized?
Water -> Fire -> Air -> Earth -> Lightning -> Metal -> Light -> Darkness -> Wood -> Water

Offline AD TienzuStorm

• Reputation Power: 21
  • AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • I'm back bitches
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: War Golem | Micro War Golem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59051.msg1199182#msg1199182
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 11:41:11 pm »
This is what I am confused about Lobotomize. If a creature has the same passive skill as its main ability (Mummy, Skeleton, Voodoo Doll), do they lose their passive skill when getting lobotomized?

Mummy, Skeleton, and Voodoo Doll don't have active abilities. If you test in the game, when they're in play, nothing is underneath the creature where active abilities usually are.
:light War #9 - Team Light :light | :life Brawl #5 - Gaia's Pride :life
Check out my card Flock!

Offline Monox D. I-Fly

Re: War Golem | Micro War Golem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59051.msg1199224#msg1199224
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 11:17:08 am »

Mummy, Skeleton, and Voodoo Doll don't have active abilities. If you test in the game, when they're in play, nothing is underneath the creature where active abilities usually are.

I thought they are active abilities because they are written in the card text.

Offline AD TienzuStorm

• Reputation Power: 21
  • AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • I'm back bitches
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: War Golem | Micro War Golem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59051.msg1199228#msg1199228
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 11:25:46 am »
I thought they are active abilities because they are written in the card text.

If passives were never written on the cards, how do you think players would figure out that the passives exist? You'd have to at least alert players that those cards have certain passives.

The general rule is to check in game: if it shows up under the creature, it's active or innate (active requires clicking while innate doesn't, think like Vampire or Momentum). If it doesn't, it's passive.
:light War #9 - Team Light :light | :life Brawl #5 - Gaia's Pride :life
Check out my card Flock!

Offline Ginyu

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Feel the punch of Gravity!
  • Awards: War #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2015 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War Golem | Micro War Golem https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59051.msg1199230#msg1199230
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 11:33:47 am »
About the card:

I like the concept a lot and the unupped looks very balanced. The upped, however, seems too strong. It gains +3 atk before it's first attack, so it equals the Guard's attack immediately, for just +1 cost, auto-overdrive and soft counter-CC. I support a cost of 5 or 6 for the upgraded; maybe with a little health boost when 6.
Do you have a great idea for a Weekly Tournament? Post it here!
:aether War #8 :aether          :gravity Trials #9 :gravity
:gravity War #9 :gravity
:water War #10 :water

anything
blarg: