*Author

Offline ZephyrPhantomTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Temporal Striker | Temporal Striker / Temporal Rouge https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20581.msg261354#msg261354
« on: January 31, 2011, 06:17:54 pm »
NAME:
Temporal Striker
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
:time
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
3 | 4
TEXT:
:time :time : Accelerate - Temporal Striker attacks twice this turn and delays for 3 turns afterward. 
Players can upgrade Temporal Striker into one of the following:

NAME:
Temporal Striker
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
3 | 4
TEXT:
:time :time : Accelerate - Temporal Striker attacks three times this turn and delays for 5 turns afterward.
NAME:
Temporal Rouge
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
3 | 4
TEXT:
:time :time : Forget - Your opponent discards 3 cards if he has more cards in hand than you.  This card delays for 1 turn.
ART:
Aurin_Starkiller
at http://media.photobucket.com/image/swordsman/Aurin_Starkiller/swordsman.jpg?o=49
IDEA:
Zblader
NOTES:
One upgrade is focused on speeding up time, while the other focuses on destroying memories.  Temporal Striker combos pretty well with Adrenaline, while Rouge works well with GoTP.  Your opponent cannot pick what cards he discards from Temporal Rouge.
SERIES:
Alternate Story Series: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,20252.0.html
Preffered Upgrade : Temporal Striker (this card's upgraded counterpart should be shown as Temporal Striker. If implemented with one upgrade, that upgrade would prefferably be Temporal Striker.)

Offline Newbiecake

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Pursuing.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFG Deck-Designer - Adaptation
Re: Temporal Striker | Temporal Striker / Temporal Rouge https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20581.msg261360#msg261360
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 06:23:16 pm »
I really like the Temporal Striker idea! However, I'm not so sure about the Rogue. Do they get to pick the cards they discard? Even so, maybe add a delay effect for 1 or 2 turns or something.
Tasted the world, seen more than enough.

LongDono

Re: Temporal Striker | Temporal Striker / Temporal Rouge https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20581.msg261361#msg261361
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 06:23:33 pm »
Interesting card. At a first glance it seems balanced. Maybe a small buff?

icybraker

Re: Temporal Striker | Temporal Striker / Temporal Rouge https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20581.msg261367#msg261367
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 06:27:40 pm »
Yeah, I think this needs a small buff.
Also, I have no idea whether "upgrade paths" like these are allowed. And my instinct tells me that "Forget" is overpowered, although only playtesting can really tell.

And question: How does this work with Adrenaline?

(unrelated: 3001st post, finally broke the symmetry :P)

• Legendary Member
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Temporal Striker | Temporal Striker / Temporal Rouge https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20581.msg261371#msg261371
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 06:35:54 pm »
Also, I have no idea whether "upgrade paths" like these are allowed. And my instinct tells me that "Forget" is overpowered, although only playtesting can really tell.

Low attack means faster attacks w/Adrenaline, so Striker's delay wears off quicker.  Forget is a strong ability, but it doesn't work if your opponent has less cards than you do, so you can't perform a lockdown unless you manage to keep your hand at a very small size.

Interesting card. At a first glance it seems balanced. Maybe a small buff?
What buffs would you guys suggest?

icybraker

Re: Temporal Striker | Temporal Striker / Temporal Rouge https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20581.msg261374#msg261374
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 06:39:10 pm »

Low attack means faster attacks, so Striker's delay wears off quicker.  Forget is a strong ability, but it doesn't work if your opponent has less cards than you do, so you can't perform a lockdown unless you manage to keep your hand at a very small size.
Shouldn't be too hard in a rush deck with Rogue in it. 2 or 3 cards in your hand is normal, but for mono-:aether, stall decks, RoL-Hope, control rainbows and many other kinds of decks, you need to save cards to use at the right times so you'd have maybe 4-6 cards at hand at any one time. Let's not make rush decks any stronger than they already are. :P

What buffs would you guys suggest?
I'd like to see the cost reduced down to 3 :time for both upped and unupped Strikers.

Offline Newbiecake

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Pursuing.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFG Deck-Designer - Adaptation
Re: Temporal Striker | Temporal Striker / Temporal Rouge https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20581.msg261521#msg261521
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 11:02:29 pm »
The Accelerate cost can be reduced down to 1  :time only, seeing that it gets delayed 5 turns afterwards.
Tasted the world, seen more than enough.

Wynden

Re: Temporal Striker | Temporal Striker / Temporal Rouge https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20581.msg261553#msg261553
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 11:47:34 pm »
With Temporal Striker, I think it's pretty good:
Turn 1: 4 :time + 4 :life = 12 damage
Turn 2: 2 :time = 24 damage unupped/36 damage upped [time bubble, 3/5 turns]
Turn 3: 4 damage, out of time bubble [unupped]/1 turn of time bubble left [upped]

Mostly burst damage, but I think that 48 damage is quite worrisome in terms of balancing. It could make time/life quite dangerous.

*Note: Someone [I think willng3] posted in the game suggestions about a bug with sundial & acceleration. Apparently, sundial will treat all creatures' attack as 0 for one turn; this means that andrenaline will undergo 5 turns of attacking, which would mean an instant out for Temporal Striker. Just something to think about when balancing this card.

• Legendary Member
Re: Temporal Striker | Temporal Striker / Temporal Rouge https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20581.msg261637#msg261637
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 02:15:21 am »
Based on feedback, I'd say Striker already seems pretty strong, so I won't lower the cost yet.
However, I did change Temporal Rouge : Forget now delays it for 1 turn.

joebob777

Re: Temporal Striker | Temporal Striker / Temporal Rouge https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20581.msg261648#msg261648
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 02:32:56 am »
i dont really like the rogue, discarding is a strong effect, and forcing it has yet to be put into the game, i prefer shuffle 3 cards into the opponents deck, and how about the name amnesia?
(if you dont think the name fits my suggestion, people with amnesia might remember what they forgot)

• Legendary Member
Re: Temporal Striker | Temporal Striker / Temporal Rouge https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20581.msg262353#msg262353
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 12:24:26 am »
i dont really like the rogue, discarding is a strong effect, and forcing it has yet to be put into the game, i prefer shuffle 3 cards into the opponents deck, and how about the name amnesia?
(if you dont think the name fits my suggestion, people with amnesia might remember what they forgot)
That would ruin the intended synergy with Ghost of the Past.

Offline manaboy100

• Reputation Power: 5
  • manaboy100 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • *staaaaaaaaaare*
Re: Temporal Striker | Temporal Striker / Temporal Rouge https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20581.msg264139#msg264139
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 03:20:42 pm »
For me, stat is a bit UP, how about 4/5? 12 damage isn't that big, and with that 5 turn Time Bubble? Pshh.

For the Rouge, skill is a bit OP. This + Nightmare + Ghost of The Past = Fast killer, seriously.
*staaaaaaaaaare*

blarg: