*Author

Offline EssenceTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Swarm of Locusts | Swarm of Locusts https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8324.msg95043#msg95043
« on: June 18, 2010, 01:50:23 pm »
NAME:
Swarm of Locusts
ELEMENT:
Air
COST:
1 :air
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
N|N
ABILITY:
Passive ability: swarm.  Costs one additional :air for each one in play.
NAME:
Swarm of Locusts
ELEMENT:
Air
COST:
1 :air
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
N+2|N
ABILITY:
Passive ability: swarm.  Costs one additional :air for each one in play.
ART:
Essence
IDEA:
Essence
NOTES:
Swarm, of course, sets N to "the number of this creature in play" + Airbourne.
SERIES:
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Wisemage

Re: Swarm of Locusts | Swarm of Locusts https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8324.msg95060#msg95060
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 02:16:46 pm »
So first one costs 1, then 2 then 3 like that?

EDIT: if that is the case, as i think about it, this gets ridiculous with a fractal deck.

for 6 quanta you have 3 monsters with 5 damage each.  For 10 quanta you have 4 mosnters with 7 damage each, thats pretty huge scaling.

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Swarm of Locusts | Swarm of Locusts https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8324.msg95097#msg95097
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 03:16:06 pm »
Dance of bugs!

Mark of Air.

6x Damselfly
4x Swarm of Locusts
9x Aether Tower
3x Fractal
6x Dimensional Shields

There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Swarm of Locusts | Swarm of Locusts https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8324.msg95108#msg95108
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 03:55:13 pm »
Love the idea, but personally I find the N+2 upgraded ATK to be a bit too much. Maybe instead of that, let it be N+1, costing 1 extra other per (upgraded) Swarm of Locust already on the field.
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Malduk

Re: Swarm of Locusts | Swarm of Locusts https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8324.msg95398#msg95398
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 10:20:15 pm »
N+2 is not really OP at all.

Second creature is 4|2 for 2 :air , 5th creature is 7|5 for 5 :air , and the higher you go, the less of a difference it is.

• Legendary Member
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Swarm of Locusts | Swarm of Locusts https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8324.msg96652#msg96652
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 05:23:29 am »
I like the Dance of Bugs idea, Ravid.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

actionjack

Re: Swarm of Locusts | Swarm of Locusts https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8324.msg96670#msg96670
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 05:47:02 am »
maybe still lock its HP to just one value?  (like 1 or 2)

so something like N|2

This allow crowd control to have advantage still. 

• Legendary Member
Re: Swarm of Locusts | Swarm of Locusts https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8324.msg97799#msg97799
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 02:51:21 pm »
That would also totally make the more expensive Locusts massively overpriced.

Wisemage

Re: Swarm of Locusts | Swarm of Locusts https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8324.msg97877#msg97877
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 05:06:18 pm »
But if this works like SCarabs, each monster summoned adds one attack to eachs warm ALREADY in place, so that balances out the cost, but not the damage.  like i said.  first one is 1 air for a 3/1.  seocnd costs 2 air for a 2 4/2s (adding 1 attack and hp to the fist one).  third one costs 3 air for 3 5/3s (adding 1 attack and 1 hp to the previous 2).  With fractal it gets ridiculous.

• Legendary Member
Re: Swarm of Locusts | Swarm of Locusts https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8324.msg100359#msg100359
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 09:45:56 pm »
With fractal, the cost gets ridiculous, too, though.  You have to dedicate enough resources to Fractal and you end up casting creatures that cost 13 and 14 :air pretty quickly.

blarg: