*Author

Offline TreldonTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Do I have to?
  • Awards: 1st Place WC Winner: October 20152nd place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Solved the Ruby Mansion MurderSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeGold Donor
Solatium | Solatium https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59555.msg1205481#msg1205481
« on: September 14, 2015, 06:12:03 am »
NAME:
Solatium
ELEMENT:
Light
COST:
3 :light
TYPE:
Permanent
TEXT:
You gain 4 random quanta for each 4 damage you receive
NAME:
Solatium
ELEMENT:
Light
COST:
3 :light
TYPE:
Permanent
TEXT:
You gain 2 quanta of your Mark for each 4 damage you receive

ART:
Treldon (source)
IDEA:
Treldon
NOTES:
Stackable.
For every 4 damage you receive (rounded down) the effect takes place.
So if you receive 20 damage, you get 20 :chroma | 10 of your mark.

Spoiler for Solatium meaning:
noun, plural solatia
[soh-ley-shee-uh] (Show IPA)
something given in compensation for inconvenience, loss, injury, or the like; recompense.
SERIES:
Weekly Challenge - CIA
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 01:24:44 pm by Treldon »
The one with answerable questions and questionable answers

10th Elements Council member == Brawl #4 :life Meaning of Life :life Artist == Brawl #5 :chroma A Toadally Newtral Team :chroma Artist

Offline UndeadSpider1990

• Reputation Power: 13
  • UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Hey you! Join a PvP event!
Re: Solatium | Solatium https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59555.msg1205520#msg1205520
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 03:24:15 pm »
Seems kinda weak compared to Solar Shield? Granted this is stackable, I might've thought (for the unupped) you would get more quanta than damage received. Also rounded down means 3 damage won't give you any quanta? Or it will give you 4/5 * 3/5 rounded down (2)? I feel it is phrased for the former.
Like reading? Here's a story inspired by Elements, City of Alchemy. :)

• Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Do I have to?
  • Awards: 1st Place WC Winner: October 20152nd place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Solved the Ruby Mansion MurderSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeGold Donor
Re: Solatium | Solatium https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59555.msg1205522#msg1205522
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 03:34:17 pm »
Solar shield does give you more quanta, but only  :light. This is intended to be available in pretty much every deck that can produce a minimum amount of  :light

"For every 5 damage you receive." clearly states that if you do not receive at least 5 damage, you gain no extra quanta

10th Elements Council member == Brawl #4 :life Meaning of Life :life Artist == Brawl #5 :chroma A Toadally Newtral Team :chroma Artist

Offline UndeadSpider1990

• Reputation Power: 13
  • UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Hey you! Join a PvP event!
Re: Solatium | Solatium https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59555.msg1205583#msg1205583
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 12:12:56 am »
I think it needs a buff. You could take up to 9 damage and only be getting 4 random quanta from it a turn (unupped). I feel I'd rather just go with Quantum Pillars, and by the time this is pulling it's weight you may already be at the point (in a quantum pillar deck) where you've got more quanta than you could swing a cat at.
Like reading? Here's a story inspired by Elements, City of Alchemy. :)

• Do I have to?
Re: Solatium | Solatium https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59555.msg1206026#msg1206026
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 07:43:57 am »
Update: art added, required damage lowered to 4 instead of 5.

And no, thank you, I do not wish to swing a cat at my quanta  :P

Offline RapidStar_

• Reputation Power: 5
  • RapidStar_ is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I farm electrum at work
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Solatium | Solatium https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59555.msg1206030#msg1206030
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 08:47:29 am »
Instead of "You gain 4 random quanta for every 4 damage you recieve", it would be much simpler and would make more sense if it was, "You gain one random quanta for every single damage you receive", or something along those lines.

• Do I have to?
Re: Solatium | Solatium https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59555.msg1206032#msg1206032
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 09:13:53 am »
It would be if I wanted it to give quanta equal to the damage received. But the point is that if you do not receive at least 4 damage you do not get quanta.

anything
blarg: