*Author

Offline Evil CombatTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Evil Combat is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Slime|Greater Slime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23354.msg297061#msg297061
« on: March 24, 2011, 03:58:11 am »
NAME:
Slime
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
5 :water
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
3|6
TEXT:
:water Split:
Slime Splits into 2 Slimes with half its current hp.
Slime gains +0|1 per turn.
NAME:
Greater Slime
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
5 :water
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
3|8
TEXT:
:water Split:
Greater Slime Splits into 2 Greater Slimes with half its current hp.
Greater Slime gains +0|1 per turn.
ART:
IDEA:
EvilCombat
NOTES:
The 2 new Slime|Greater Slime generated have the same attack as the current Slime|Greater Slime that Split.
SERIES:

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Slime|Greater Slime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23354.msg297071#msg297071
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 04:19:24 am »
There is an issue here, many will tell you is that it is taboo, and most likely will receive a lot of criticism.

I wont address that issue, I will tell you of the formatting issues. Any section of the section of the table that is not used, leave blank. On the Element line put Water not :water.
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

Re: Slime|Greater Slime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23354.msg297079#msg297079
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 04:36:21 am »
If engulf only means -1 HP, I'm in ;O

If Engulfing the target were changed from, I'm guessing, killing the creature to only taking away -1 HP, it would seem a little less taboo (:

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Slime|Greater Slime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23354.msg297089#msg297089
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 05:40:13 am »
If engulf works like Devour and only can target creatures with less hp you need to make note of it in the notes section at the very least.

"Original Creature" or "Original Stats" refers to the stats that would be shown on the card while it is in your hand. You probably meant "Current HP" which refers to the hp as it currently exists including both temporary and permanent modifications to that instance of the creature type.

Additionally this card is more complex than it needs to be. I count 4 separate cards (Engulf, Split, atk=hp/2 and gain +0|1 per turn) inside this one.
Suggestion: Drop the Engulf and Atk=hp/2 abilities and change the card text to:
"Split: Slime splits into 2 Slimes with half the current stats.
Slime gains +0|1 per turn."
This way it is simpler (another of Zanz's comments) and it can fit all the card text on the card image.

Zanz decreed upon witnessing the problems the first Alfatoxin had caused that there would be no more instant kill cards that did not take the hp of the target into account. Flooding and the Freeze + Shockwave combo are the only instant kill card that ignore the hp of the target that has not been preemptively vetoed.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Re: Slime|Greater Slime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23354.msg297091#msg297091
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 05:57:59 am »
If engulf works like Devour and only can target creatures with less hp you need to make note of it in the notes section at the very least.

"Original Creature" or "Original Stats" refers to the stats that would be shown on the card while it is in your hand. You probably meant "Current HP" which refers to the hp as it currently exists including both temporary and permanent modifications to that instance of the creature type.

Additionally this card is more complex than it needs to be. I count 4 separate cards (Engulf, Split, atk=hp/2 and gain +0|1 per turn) inside this one.
Suggestion: Drop the Engulf and Atk=hp/2 abilities and change the card text to:
"Split: Slime splits into 2 Slimes with half the current stats.
Slime gains +0|1 per turn."
This way it is simpler (another of Zanz's comments) and it can fit all the card text on the card image.

Zanz decreed upon witnessing the problems the first Alfatoxin had caused that there would be no more instant kill cards that did not take the hp of the target into account. Flooding is the only instant kill card that ignore the hp of the target that has not been preemptively vetoed.

Agreed, it's rather confusing as well. Also what about freeze + shockwave?

Offline Evil CombatTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Evil Combat is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Slime|Greater Slime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23354.msg297093#msg297093
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 06:06:10 am »
Ok
let me rethink about it.

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: Slime|Greater Slime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23354.msg297907#msg297907
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 12:43:43 pm »
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

blarg: