*Author

Offline xn0izeTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 12
  • xn0ize is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.xn0ize is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • IT IZ A ME, X NOIZEY.
  • Awards: Championship League 3/2015 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2014 1st PlaceWar #4 Winner - Team DeathSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Skeleton King | Skeleton Overlord https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59973.msg1210049#msg1210049
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2015, 07:47:07 am »
After much thought, I've two ideas how to make this card stronger and more viable.

First, what i wrote, Every skeleton sacrificed deals 1 poison and 1 damage.
Second, The king that used the command gains +1 attack for that turn for each skeleton sacrificed.

Would like to hear your thoughts/criticism/ideas tyvm <3
While the first change sounds more practical, the second sounds potentially more fun. (Skeleton King + Skeletons + Chimera?) I'm in the favor of the second.

Not sure what the chimera is for?
:death Trials 4# Blonde too strong.
Team :death War - 1st place

CL 2/2014 1713 points, 1st place.
Team Air War 9#  :air :air :air

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Skeleton King | Skeleton Overlord https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59973.msg1210051#msg1210051
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2015, 07:48:54 am »
After much thought, I've two ideas how to make this card stronger and more viable.

Second, The king that used the command gains +1 attack for that turn for each skeleton sacrificed.

While the first change sounds more practical, the second sounds potentially more fun. (Skeleton King + Skeletons + Chimera?) I'm in the favor of the second.

Oh, I thought that since the King gains +X attack just for 1 turn, you could use the Chimera to make that attack gain permanent. My bad if it works differently.

• xn0ize is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.xn0ize is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • IT IZ A ME, X NOIZEY.
  • Awards: Championship League 3/2015 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2014 1st PlaceWar #4 Winner - Team DeathSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Skeleton King | Skeleton Overlord https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59973.msg1210054#msg1210054
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2015, 07:54:06 am »

Oh, I thought that since the King gains +X attack just for 1 turn, you could use the Chimera to make that attack gain permanent. My bad if it works differently.

Well, it works with wyrms, the attack stays after dive, so i guess this combo with the king will work too.

Offline rob77dp

• Master of Death
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Am I back?!? Time zone US Central -5/-6GMT
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.08.16.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of DeathWinner of 12 Lives #4Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's Grip10th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeGold Donor9th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of Death
Re: Skeleton King | Skeleton Overlord https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59973.msg1210159#msg1210159
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2015, 08:46:48 pm »

While the first change sounds more practical, the second sounds potentially more fun. (Skeleton King + Skeletons + PU/TUChimera?) I'm in the favor of the second.

Hmmmm, King + Skellie-Fractal -(next turn)-> Skellie-Sacrifice + PU/TU spam = ... too strong?  Feasible or not? 0.o
Death War #12/TBD TTG Brawl #6/1st Death War #10/9th GP Brawl #5/6th Death War #9/9th MoL Brawl #4/3rd Water War #8/7th DDD Brawl #3/3rd*Death War #7/5th*Death War #6/11th

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Skeleton King | Skeleton Overlord https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59973.msg1210167#msg1210167
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2015, 09:01:15 pm »
Strong... yes, potentially stronger than vulture sparks (but thats not exactly a staple archetype at the moment).

At the same time, its also nearly as hard to set up...

The main benefit here is that the king is pretty tough, as opposed to the vultures, which are very weak and prone to CC.

This means that the combo is slightly easier to set up since you may be able to play the king safely before unloading the fractal combo.

The PU / TU spam component will be no stronger here than it would with electric-vultures.
... Actually, I would probably prefer to use vultures in favor of PU / TU. They can be unloaded on the same turn as the main combo and would cost half as much as the TU / PU for nearly the same damage throughput.

Given the difficulties assosciated in set up and combo size, I don't think this is in danger of being too OP. Electric-vultures isn't exactly dominating the EtG meta right now as far as I can tell.

I think a more likely role for this card is in support of boneyard based decks. It would definitely be a great addition to the cat + boneyard archetypes.
The stable and continuous supply of skeletons will probably yield better long term output than the instant burst attained from fractal strategies. And with much smaller quanta requirements.
Continuous stream tactics also seem to synnergy very well with bonewall.
Moreover, one key difficulty in bone-cats is that once your field fills, your damage ramp maxs out. I know my favorite trick against the elder that uses bone cats is to pop out a shield and the skelly lock their field.
With this, the skelly lock wont be as much of an issue.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 09:05:47 pm by OdinVanguard »
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

• IT IZ A ME, X NOIZEY.
Re: Skeleton King | Skeleton Overlord https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59973.msg1210250#msg1210250
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2015, 11:33:20 am »
Card has been updated, The king/overlord gains +1 attack for each skeleton sacrificed for one turn in addition to the poison the skeletons are inflicting.

Offline CrockettRocket

• Reputation Power: 30
  • CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'd like to achieve silence for eternity.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Skeleton King | Skeleton Overlord https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59973.msg1210275#msg1210275
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2015, 12:59:51 pm »
I feel like the card would be balanced, maybe a bit strong, if you did both of those. However if its a contest between the two options then stick with the first. It provides way better strategy to getting around shields. Kind of like psion/recluses for aether, and elite chargers/guards for gravity.
A world war? Am I invited?
Thanks to skotadi for saying this in chat. Made me laugh pretty hard, and fits with me not getting drafted. :silly:

Offline rob77dp

• Master of Death
  • rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.08.16.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of DeathWinner of 12 Lives #4Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's Grip10th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeGold Donor9th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of Death
Re: Skeleton King | Skeleton Overlord https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59973.msg1210314#msg1210314
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2015, 04:12:36 pm »
Does king/lord's ability for poison mean that +X poison counters are added for each Skeleton or just that X poison damage is dealt that one turn?
Death War #12/TBD TTG Brawl #6/1st Death War #10/9th GP Brawl #5/6th Death War #9/9th MoL Brawl #4/3rd Water War #8/7th DDD Brawl #3/3rd*Death War #7/5th*Death War #6/11th

• IT IZ A ME, X NOIZEY.
Re: Skeleton King | Skeleton Overlord https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59973.msg1210360#msg1210360
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2015, 07:00:04 pm »
Does king/lord's ability for poison mean that +X poison counters are added for each Skeleton or just that X poison damage is dealt that one turn?

+x counters are added for each skeleton

Offline rob77dp

• Master of Death
Re: Skeleton King | Skeleton Overlord https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59973.msg1211399#msg1211399
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2015, 06:14:07 pm »
The card idea is solid, in my opinion, but I want to suggest some wording edits. :)

:death : Sacrifice your skeletons to add X poison counters on opponent and +X to Skeleton King's attack this turn. X = number of sacficed skeletons.

(replacing "King" with "Overlord" in upgraded version, of course)

• IT IZ A ME, X NOIZEY.
Re: Skeleton King | Skeleton Overlord https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59973.msg1211401#msg1211401
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2015, 06:23:04 pm »
The card idea is solid, in my opinion, but I want to suggest some wording edits. :)

:death : Sacrifice your skeletons to add X poison counters on opponent and +X to Skeleton King's attack this turn. X = number of sacficed skeletons.

If only that'd fit the card description space :(

Offline rob77dp

• Master of Death
Re: Skeleton King | Skeleton Overlord https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59973.msg1211406#msg1211406
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2015, 06:28:10 pm »

If only that'd fit the card description space :(

Can you give a preview (spoilered if you want) here of what that text looks like _trying_ to fit on the card? :)

anything
blarg: