*Author

Offline DoubleCapitalsTopic starter

• Master of Earth
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • *whistle*
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Shard of Longevity | Shard of Longevity https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61891.msg1232152#msg1232152
« on: May 03, 2016, 10:50:41 am »
NAME:
Shard of Longevity
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
1 :time
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
0 | 6
TEXT:
Enters the game poisoned. Upon death, gain X :time and X Max HP (X: Number of turns this creature survives)
NAME:
Shard of Longevity
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
2 :time
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
0 | 6
TEXT:
Enters the game poisoned. Upon death, gain 2X :time and 2X Max HP (X: Number of turns this creature survives)

ART:
None
IDEA:
DoubleCapitals
NOTES:
Trials #10 Submission -

Symbolism (ie. why it would be a fit for the element): The :time elementals rarely use brute force to defeat their foes; while alone they tend to be limited in effectiveness, their cards has been used in many other famous decks, for example in slow but steady damage (dune scorpions), board control (pharaohs) or simply avoiding the conflict altogether (Eternity-based deckouts). Simply put, they alter the flow of the game to their advantage. This card rewards patience; used in the right hands it demonstrates the resilience of :time as everything else mortal fades away.....

Balance: So initially I was looking on how OP this might be when I realize my problem would be largely of the exact opposite - the quanta and Hp gain would be well, obtained at a very late stage and it would take 12 turns (of survival!) to beat SoD in terms of effectiveness. Hence I threw in a really low quanta cost. Semi-high Hp so it doesn't get one shot but not so high that you wouldn't be able to kill it when you actually want to. 6 was a nice number since it does prevent SoL/RagePot exploits to an extent. Probably the most OP combination would be to pair it with Fractal, but even then its effects would be erm, delayed. Pairs well with Miracle, nice cheap fodder for immo (albeit not so much better), and good for decks with some :time splash.

Sample deck (SoRs as SoLs - Time/Light Stall)
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
7jp 7ju 7ju 7ju 7ju 7k2 7k2 7km 7km 7km 7km 7km 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q3 7q3 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q8 7q8 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7qu 7qu 7qu 7qu 7qu 7qu 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 8pq

SERIES:

L R L R STOP & DASH & UP & TALK B B A B S(tart)

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: Shard of Longevity | Shard of Longevity https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61891.msg1232177#msg1232177
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 04:20:21 am »
This card is severely not worth it.

Assuming that it gives 12 HP and :time in 6 turns, that means you need only 2 :time pillars and a heal to match it.
Healing it is pointless, too, when it's got such a low turn-out, and needs cards dedicated to healing it.

I'd start by making it a permanent with an activated sacrifice trigger. That way, we have much more control over when this bursts, and doesn't need support.

Offline DoubleCapitalsTopic starter

• Master of Earth
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • *whistle*
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Longevity | Shard of Longevity https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61891.msg1232627#msg1232627
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 01:19:01 pm »
Hmm, I see. The basic idea revolves around: The longer this card lasts -> More health/quanta, I think it doesn't really work for that.... But I can give a different advantage which erm, I'll think about it.

@TrOs: I know I'm using this for Trials X but I posted the original card, flaws and all, into the trials thread - if and when I modify this.
L R L R STOP & DASH & UP & TALK B B A B S(tart)

anything
blarg: