*Author

Offline eljoemoTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 20
  • eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Live forever or die trying
  • Awards: Thank You Notes Winner7 Deadly Haikus Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerWar #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerElements The Movie Poster WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeDesign a Brawl Flag Competition WinnerDesign a Competition WinnerChristmas Time! Card Competition Winner
Recompose | Reassemble https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55896.msg1157673#msg1157673
« on: September 29, 2014, 06:17:52 pm »
NAME:
Recompose
ELEMENT:
Entropy
COST:
3 :entropy
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Target non-weapon creature loses half of its HP and gains this value in attack. Lasts 2 turns.
NAME:
Reasemble
ELEMENT:
Entropy
COST:
3 :entropy
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Target non-weapon creature loses half of its HP and gains this value in attack. Lasts 3 turns.

ART:

IDEA:
eljoemo
NOTES:
I had another idea again.

For odd HP's, the subtracted value is rounded up (or the remaining value is rounded down). I.e. targeting a 5|5 creature would produce a 8|2 creature, +3|-3. The "Lasts X turns" clauses implies the creature gains the opposite effect (such as -3|+3) after 2/3 attacks. The returning effect is always the opposite of the initial effect, regardless of any other buffs or damage the creature took. I hope I don't need to explain the "non-weapon creature" bit.

Why entropy? Because it was either entropy or gravity and one of those options is OP as sh*t. So I chose entropy.

Possibly broken with some cards (SoFo, Voodoo Doll etc) or maybe just proportionately powerful. I dunno.

All questions and constructive criticism welcome.
SERIES:

In Zanz we trust
War 8 :fire  War 9 :death

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Recompose | Reassemble https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55896.msg1157674#msg1157674
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 06:20:59 pm »
I can imagine someone using Discord-Blackholes with this and Armagios. How strong would that be?
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

• eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Thank You Notes Winner7 Deadly Haikus Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerWar #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerElements The Movie Poster WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeDesign a Brawl Flag Competition WinnerDesign a Competition WinnerChristmas Time! Card Competition Winner
Re: Recompose | Reassemble https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55896.msg1157678#msg1157678
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 07:18:08 pm »
3 turns of 17|15 for 3 :entropy + 4 :gravity + 2 cards. Given you have four key cards in a 30 card deck with two different types of quanta, the chance that you'd probably get all the cards you need for the win is fairly high. Its probably stronger than packing some Chargers or a few Amethysts and some extra quanta. So to answer your question, probably too strong.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 07:22:31 pm by eljoemo »
In Zanz we trust

Offline serprex

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: Recompose | Reassemble https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55896.msg1157679#msg1157679
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 08:00:18 pm »
Issue is attack's value being linear while health's value being logarithmic. Any solution balanced around the highest end will be lackluster for anything lower

http://elementscommunity.org/forum/card-ideas-and-art/inversion-inversion/msg1093032/#msg1093032
(Hey, look who the OP is...)

Re: Recompose | Reassemble https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55896.msg1157680#msg1157680
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 08:17:39 pm »
I guess I've been here long enough for people to link my old posts and for me to feel nostalgic

Funnily enough, I hadn't even thought of Inversion until you mentioned it. This card started off as funky dive / rage potion mechanic. It's all coincidence I swear :P

But at least this card isn't that broken, right?
In Zanz we trust

Offline dragtom

• Reputation Power: 16
  • dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Champion of the Silences Torn.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Divine ArtificeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #8 WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Recompose | Reassemble https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55896.msg1157681#msg1157681
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 08:20:59 pm »
massive dragon + this can replace light dragon + 2 rage elixers in limitless speed,
making the cost lower, and reducing the required number of combo cards to 7.
be quick- time is quanta.

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Recompose | Reassemble https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55896.msg1157921#msg1157921
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 04:54:27 pm »
I would personally combo this with voodoo dolls I think.
A little less ATK bump, but +8 / +10 ATK isn't bad and it also yields an instant 8 / 10 damage.
So it ends up be 2 :darkness + 3 :entropy for an 8|8 / 10|10 and 8 / 10 damage to opponent. Seems pretty good to me.

The massive dragon combo is definitely a show stopper though... 11 :gravity + 3 :entropy for a 23|15

The largest output, of course, comes from flown titans... 5 :gravity + 1 :rainbow + 3 :entropy for a 32|25 (with momentum too)...so I guess thats a good reason to not allow weapon targets.

Of course there are a LOT of mono synnergies. AM and maxwell's demon are the two that come to mind first.
With maxwells demon, you are guaranteed an auto kill combo for any creature that has an ATK above 0!

The limited duration is a little odd... I'm guessing its there for balance, but considering the punch it delivers when used with its most likely combo's I don't think it really does much for balancing. I think you may be better off just bumping cost by 1 point for unupped.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 04:58:01 pm by OdinVanguard »
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

blarg: