*Author

Wadjet

Re: Rainbow|Shining Rainbow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29408.msg380474#msg380474
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2011, 11:52:24 am »
Needs a higher cost.

AngeDeMort

Re: Rainbow|Shining Rainbow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29408.msg380505#msg380505
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2011, 03:03:32 pm »
The element type in in your table needs to be changed to Other, there is no neutral element

...I have no idea where you got the idea of increasing the cost of OTHER cards from.  I was talking about the cost of this card.
I was talking about the cost of this card. Increasing it's cost won't do much because a nova can play any 12 cost and under Other element cards in 1 turn as an alien pointed out, this card needs a penalty like a turn limit on how long it's in play or as many have suggested turning off pillar generation for a turn or two.

Offline RagingAlien

• Reputation Power: 10
  • RagingAlien is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.RagingAlien is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • The glass is, in fact, completely full.
Re: Rainbow|Shining Rainbow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29408.msg380545#msg380545
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2011, 05:01:47 pm »
Wadjet, read the whole thread, please?

Also, thanks Ange for backing up my point. :D
"When I go on the internet, everyone thinks I'm a dog :c"-Oace|"Don't feed trolls. Even though they're squishy and cute and make a funny noise when you poke them."-IH|"Live with it, or be a Llama." -artimies7|"Every time there is an awkward silence, somebody is thinking of Abraham Lincoln."-Xyzockie

Offline mildlyfrightenedboyTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 9
  • mildlyfrightenedboy is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • The Lady of Clockwork
Re: Rainbow|Shining Rainbow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29408.msg380622#msg380622
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2011, 09:50:31 pm »
There already is a turn limit to how long it is in play.  It is three / four turns.  It is clearly on the card.

I was thinking that, if this card is too overpowered, it could be drastically reworked.
Perhaps (just perhaps) it could be changed to cost nothing, and both can last only three turns.  However, when the unupgraded card is played, you can not gain quanta from any source.  For the upgraded card, your pillars to not generate quanta each turn while this is active.

The benefit of upgrading (which might validate the upgraded card having a cost other than 0):
You gain quanta from playing an upgraded pillar/pendulum (the one/three extra quanta when played).
You gain quanta from the Devourer passive skill.   :darkness
You gain quanta from Supernova and Nova.   :entropy
You gain quanta from Cremate and Immolate.   :fire
You gain quanta from quanta-generating creatures.  (Light, Bioluminescence, Fire, Air, and Earth)   :light :fire :earth :air
You gain quanta from Photosynthesis.   :life
You gain quanta from Soul Catcher.   :death

If I left any out, feel free to remind me.

Because of the wide variety of elements that benefit from the upgrade (the only ones that do not directly benefit being Gravity, Aether, Water, and Time), I believe that it is fit to be a 'neutral' other card that still fits with the Rainbow theme.

If anyone has a better idea for a counter to this card, please, please, please give me an idea.  I am really not sure how to make a counter that is neutral.
This thing seemed dead inside. It seemed like an automaton, trying to act like as if it was alive. The effect was unsettling.
Orianna made a sound that supposed to a girl's squeal of glee and hugged The Ball. While it might have been touching, it was unfortunately only horrifying.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Rainbow|Shining Rainbow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29408.msg382031#msg382031
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2011, 08:07:15 am »
CURATOR COMMENT
-Please type out the word, "Other" (without the quotes), in the ELEMENT sections of the table. "Neutral" is not a classified *element in EtG, but 'Other' is.
-Remove the 'random quanta' portion from the COST section of the table. It should simply state '7' to match the image (the card doesn't have 7 random quanta in the top right corner)
-Fix the TEXT so that both the table and the card image's description match exactly (replace 'cost' with 'use' in the sentence).
-Add a space between the thread title's names (It should read Rainbow | Shining Rainbow)*

* = optional, but still highly recommended

Offline mildlyfrightenedboyTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 9
  • mildlyfrightenedboy is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • The Lady of Clockwork
Re: Rainbow|Shining Rainbow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29408.msg382475#msg382475
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2011, 05:26:51 am »
CURATOR COMMENT
-Please type out the word, "Other" (without the quotes), in the ELEMENT sections of the table. "Neutral" is not a classified *element in EtG, but 'Other' is.
-Remove the 'random quanta' portion from the COST section of the table. It should simply state '7' to match the image (the card doesn't have 7 random quanta in the top right corner)
-Fix the TEXT so that both the table and the card image's description match exactly (replace 'cost' with 'use' in the sentence).
-Add a space between the thread title's names (It should read Rainbow | Shining Rainbow)*

* = optional, but still highly recommended
Wow, there are a lot of things that I screwed up.  Should be fixed in a second...

EDIT:  Ok, everything is all fixed now.
This thing seemed dead inside. It seemed like an automaton, trying to act like as if it was alive. The effect was unsettling.
Orianna made a sound that supposed to a girl's squeal of glee and hugged The Ball. While it might have been touching, it was unfortunately only horrifying.

blarg: