*Author

Offline OdinVanguardTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Quantum Chronometer | Quantum Metronome https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64651.msg1265416#msg1265416
« on: June 16, 2017, 06:04:17 pm »
NAME:
Quantum Chronometer
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
3 :time
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
1: Quantum Synchronization
Shuffle a card from hand to deck to produce 4 :time and 2 quanta of its element.
NAME:
Quantum Metronome
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
1 :time
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
0: Quantum Syncopation
Shuffle a card from hand to deck to produce 2 :time and 2 quanta of its element.

ART:
OdinVanguard, created using Hexagon, Bryce7, and GIMP
IDEA:
OdinVangaurd
NOTES:
"Today is a good day to take your time"

"Let the rhythm take you over!"

Time is an element that could greatly benefit from improved quantum generation. It has a relatively large number of high cost cards.
Rather than just adding in a creature that generates time quanta, I thought it would be more interesting to build off of the card advantage theme that is core to the time element.

In this case, you can trade off extra cards in exchange for quanta. This will synergy well with the golden hourglasses and sundials in mono decks.
However, it will also provide several off element synergies (mindgate and shard of serendipty come to mind, but there are others which i will let you ponder) as well as providing a good counter / resistance to various tactics that hinder time significantly (quanta control and hand / draw clogging)
SERIES:

Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Quantum Chronometer | Quantum Metronome https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64651.msg1265421#msg1265421
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 07:35:45 pm »
basically immolation on a stick, but summoning sickness, vulnerability to pc and initial quanta cost make its usage completely different. while immo decks shine with speed and pc resistance/immunity, this card lacks that resistance and only gives speed later on. Will certainly be usefull in otks with lots of card draw and allows usage of tech cards by a) generating quanta of their element and b) not having any dead draws. It also hard counters stalls. will proably mostly be used in ghosttal.
:gravity War 10
:death and tied for master of STANDIN War 11
Master of :time War 12

• Legendary Member
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
Re: Quantum Chronometer | Quantum Metronome https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64651.msg1265432#msg1265432
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 08:44:10 pm »
basically immolation on a stick, but summoning sickness, vulnerability to pc and initial quanta cost make its usage completely different. while immo decks shine with speed and pc resistance/immunity, this card lacks that resistance and only gives speed later on. Will certainly be usefull in otks with lots of card draw and allows usage of tech cards by a) generating quanta of their element and b) not having any dead draws. It also hard counters stalls. will proably mostly be used in ghosttal.
This is essentially what I was aiming for.
I think it will also make some mindgate based decks more viable as well.
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`

Offline CactusKing

• Reputation Power: 11
  • CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I eat shriekers for breakfast
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 1/2018 2nd PlaceCard Design Competition - Rule BenderSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: Quantum Chronometer | Quantum Metronome https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64651.msg1265440#msg1265440
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 11:59:38 pm »
I'm assuming you get to choose which card is reshuffled, but the card doesn't actually say that.
Either way, this card can provide novabows with the ability to prevent deckout, which would be very interesting.
Good job Odin, this is original, well-balanced and the artwork is awesome!
I spilt my blood against the :earth
         Just to see the world in colour.

• Legendary Member
Re: Quantum Chronometer | Quantum Metronome https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64651.msg1265552#msg1265552
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 04:20:45 pm »
I'm assuming you get to choose which card is reshuffled, but the card doesn't actually say that.
Either way, this card can provide novabows with the ability to prevent deckout, which would be very interesting.
Good job Odin, this is original, well-balanced and the artwork is awesome!
Yes, you get to pick the card that gets shuffled to deck.
I originally tried using "Shuffle a target card from your hand to deck" but just could not make the wording fit :(
I think it would still become pretty clear for players once they actually activate it and see targetting show up on the cards in their hand.

Never thought about the nova-bow anti-deckout. I suppose that could be pretty useful... this could still get decked out if the opponent is packing a few SoBr of course. Plus, there is PC vulnerability for those stall decks that want to still compete vs. this... I know a couple very effective ones I've faced that like to pack pulverizers, so this isn't a fool proof stall counter.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 04:23:39 pm by OdinVanguard »
If your zombie plan is

anything
blarg: