*Author

Finale

Post your best CARD IDEAS and I'll make pictures out of them https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=448.msg4181#msg4181
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:51 pm »

The purpose of the card is quantum acceleration.  Two quantum a turn from one card makes it twice as good as a tower, except for the initial cost.  All the cost should go towards quantum/turn.  If you want it more exciting I'm not opposed to a higher cost for 3 quantum production per turn :o

Another possibility is 5 quantum cost to play. 2 fire quantum generation per turn.  And a 2nd ability "Sacrifice Forge: Generate 5 quantum" (one time use)

What I'm worried about is balance. Fire already has cards that accelerate quantum production, like Immolate and that Fire bug, or whatever. With this card it would accelerate even more, possibly making Fahrenheit and Bolts overpowered. I don't know..

Also I think it would be pretty boring if it only gave quantum.

I like sacrifices... XD
it could be "sacrifice a non fire creature to generate 4 fire quantum"
I don't see how "sacrifice" could be any other element than darkness. It has this evil cult thing written all over it.
Burning them :D

Scaredgirl

Post your best CARD IDEAS and I'll make pictures out of them https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=448.msg4182#msg4182
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:51 pm »

What I'm worried about is balance. Fire already has cards that accelerate quantum production, like Immolate and that Fire bug, or whatever. With this card it would accelerate even more, possibly making Fahrenheit and Bolts overpowered. I don't know..
That's true.  And clearly my intent is to increase mono fire's power to some degree.  Truth is if we leave it at 2 fire quantum per turn and we set the cost to play high enough it's too week, and if we set the cost to play too low it's too powerful.  Can you suggest a cost to play that would make it useful but not too useful?

Also I think it would be pretty boring if it only gave quantum.
Is supernova boring?  It's all about what one does with the card.  My goal isn't a fun card to play, but a useful card in order to play fun cards.
That extra quantum production is a problem. Fire already has these kinds cards, why give them more? Why not give something totally new and different? It doesn't make any sense to me.

"cost to play that would make it useful but not too useful". What I find difficult here is that if it is useful and increases quantum production, then there is that balance issue I talked about. And if it's not useful, or stuck in the middle, why should I use it? :)

What I'm saying is that if it it increases quantum production, you could build all kinds of insane fire speed decks (which are already fastest in the game).

Supernova is not boring because it makes a cool sound and gives quantum for ALL 12 elements. And THAT is what makes it interesting when used in deck building. However the Forge would be nothing more than a Fire Pillar that you have to pay for and that gives you twice the quantum. If you think about it, that's what it is. And sorry to say this but I don't find that very interesting because it doesn't bring anything new to the table. What do other people think?

And yeah Immolation is "sacrifice" that's true.. :) I was thinking more like a human sacrifice or something. Maybe Finale's Sacrificial Altar stuck in my head.

Uzra

Post your best CARD IDEAS and I'll make pictures out of them https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=448.msg4183#msg4183
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:51 pm »

Burning them :D
Yea, some old testament style sacrifices. :o

Uzra

Post your best CARD IDEAS and I'll make pictures out of them https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=448.msg4184#msg4184
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:51 pm »

Just letting you know I started making my own cards =)

It's rather fun.  Thank you so much for the idea.

Post your best CARD IDEAS and I'll make pictures out of them https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=448.msg4602#msg4602
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:52 pm »

CARD NAME:  Uncertainty

Could it maybe be "Draw 2 cards or lose one random card"? Drawing 3 seems a bit too much. And if you lose 3 cards, especially early in the game, you are probably done.

Random things are not that great but that's what Entropy is all about I guess.

CARD NAME:  Forge

Yeah, this could be good. But what if instead of only producing quantum (kinda boring), it would produce 1 quantum AND a Sword or something? You know first you click the Forge then click you character. A small Sword icon appears in the top corner (like with Gravity Pull) and that character gains +1/0

Just a couple of ideas..
by putting all these equipment things is just turning elements less into a card game and into games like wow or everquest(yes i know, a bit dramatic but it may wind up happening and i dont like the idea. elements is a card game and i like it as it is [of course some new cars WOULD be NICE{hint hint} but as functions go, some new things can help just as much as other new functions can ruin the game.])

sbi3

Post your best CARD IDEAS and I'll make pictures out of them https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=448.msg4603#msg4603
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:52 pm »

CARD NAME:
ELEMENT:
CARD TYPE:
CARD COST:

ATTACK/HP:

ABILITY:
COST:
EFFECT:
Betrayal
Darkness
Spell
10 quantum     EDIT: Probably too expensive...

N/A

Controle creature
N/A
Force creature to switch ownership for 3 turns

CARD NAME:
ELEMENT:
CARD TYPE:
CARD COST:

ATTACK/HP:

ABILITY:
COST:
EFFECT:
After Life
Death
Permanent
13 Death

N/A

Death Ward
N/A
Stay alive for 1 turn with negative hitpoints

Offline Terroking

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The best practice is experience.
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Earth2nd Trials - Master of Earth1st Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2010 2nd Place9th Tournament 1st PlaceDesign A Quest 1st PlaceSS competition #1 2ndHalfblood Recruiter
Post your best CARD IDEAS and I'll make pictures out of them https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=448.msg4604#msg4604
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:52 pm »

I like the forge idea but agree with scaredgirl that fire generates too much quantum already, and doesn't have a permanent, so the sword thing is kinda cool, but how about the sword icon is on fire, and gives +3/+0, and hurts your creature every turn. (until you take it off?)

The uncertainty thing would be cool but like mutation, no one would want it in their pro decks, unless the upgrade makes it really good. And thats something else about this thread, no one has said anything about upgrades, which can change a whole card ( sundial/ supernovas for example).

CARD NAME:
ELEMENT:
CARD TYPE:
CARD COST:

ATTACK/HP:

ABILITY:
COST:
EFFECT:
Phase Assasin
Aether
Creature
7 Quantum

0/1

Backstab
1 Quantum
Damage one creature for 5 HPs
Maybe another option would be to give it 8 attack and a "phase ability" like burrow kind of, but it only lasts 1/2 turns, takes 5 Quanta, and it keeps its attack. I just sort of thought of this because aether seemed to have the least cards

CARD NAME:
ELEMENT:
CARD TYPE:
CARD COST:

ATTACK/HP:

ABILITY:
COST:
EFFECT:
Refresh
Light/Generic
Spell
2 quantum

N/A

N/A
N/A
Cures all monsters of any status ailments, buffs, or boosts
I ask nothing of humanity but fairness in all things, but I do not expect even that.

Scaredgirl

Post your best CARD IDEAS and I'll make pictures out of them https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=448.msg4865#msg4865
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:53 pm »

CARD NAME:
ELEMENT:
CARD TYPE:
CARD COST:

ATTACK/HP:

ABILITY:
COST:
EFFECT:
Betrayal
Darkness
Spell
10 quantum

N/A

Controle creature
N/A
Force creature to switch ownership for 3 turns

CARD NAME:
ELEMENT:
CARD TYPE:
CARD COST:

ATTACK/HP:

ABILITY:
COST:
EFFECT:
After Life
Death
Permanent
13 Death

N/A

Death Ward
N/A
Stay alive for 1 turn with negative hitpoints
I like these. Thanks for posting.

Scaredgirl

Post your best CARD IDEAS and I'll make pictures out of them https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=448.msg4866#msg4866
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:53 pm »

CARD NAME:
ELEMENT:
CARD TYPE:
CARD COST:

ATTACK/HP:

ABILITY:
COST:
EFFECT:
Phase Assasin
Aether
Creature
7 Quantum

0/1

Backstab
1 Quantum
Damage one creature for 5 HPs
Maybe another option would be to give it 8 attack and a "phase ability" like burrow kind of, but it only lasts 1/2 turns, takes 5 Quanta, and it keeps its attack. I just sort of thought of this because aether seemed to have the least cards

I have written down a couple of ideas and one of them is Assassin. It's actually pretty funny how similar both ideas are. Mine has Backstab as his ability as well, but it's darkness and attack/HP are different.

I think that 5 damage Backstab is too much. It would be like an Otyugh only much better because you could also take out high level creatures in a couple of turns. I'm thinking 3 damage Backstab would be better.

On my Hero card thread I talked about changing Immortal King so that he starts immortal but when you use his ability, he becomes mortal for one turn. Something like this would work with your Phase Assassin as well. In order to stab someone, he has to become mortal. One option would be that he would only become immortal again after he killed someone. I don't know...

That would mean you have to give him some HP and I would also like if he had some attack as well. There are all kinds of tiny bugs in this game that do damage, and if an Assassin did zero damage, that just doesn't sound right to me.

CARD NAME:
ELEMENT:
CARD TYPE:
CARD COST:

ATTACK/HP:

ABILITY:
COST:
EFFECT:
Refresh
Light/Generic
Spell
2 quantum

N/A

N/A
N/A
Cures all monsters of any status ailments, buffs, or boosts
This one is looking good also.

Thanks for ideas.

sbi3

Post your best CARD IDEAS and I'll make pictures out of them https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=448.msg4867#msg4867
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:53 pm »

CARD NAME:
ELEMENT:
CARD TYPE:
CARD COST:

ATTACK/HP:

ABILITY:
COST:
EFFECT:
Mind Control
Entrophy
Spell
9 Entrophy

N/A

Force action
N/A
Play a card from opponents hand for the opponent with opponents quantums

Offline Terroking

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The best practice is experience.
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Earth2nd Trials - Master of Earth1st Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2010 2nd Place9th Tournament 1st PlaceDesign A Quest 1st PlaceSS competition #1 2ndHalfblood Recruiter
Post your best CARD IDEAS and I'll make pictures out of them https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=448.msg4868#msg4868
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:53 pm »

i just sort of thought of refresh because of all the times a was annoyed when Scorpio/Rainbow just congealed/grav pulled, thought it would also work on your opponents, and would just set all cards back to original version (10/4 lava golem with heavy armor goes back to 5/1) or maybe level 1 works on one card and upped works on all? also it could be used as a counter for immaterial when upped, or would that make it too overpowered if it were generic?
I ask nothing of humanity but fairness in all things, but I do not expect even that.

Kumlekar

Post your best CARD IDEAS and I'll make pictures out of them https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=448.msg4869#msg4869
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:53 pm »

Scaredgirl, I'm wondering if I could steal your template to throw together that shadow card I recomended (credit will be given of course).  I need the photoshop practice, and would like to do the picture myself. 

blarg: