*Author

Offline moomooseTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
  • Awards: Winner of the Mark Redesign competition!
Mind Worm | Mind Worm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12892.msg163743#msg163743
« on: September 23, 2010, 10:57:38 pm »
NAME:
Mind Worm
ELEMENT:
Entropy
COST:
2 :entropy
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Gain access to using the target creature's active ability.
NAME:
Mind Worm
ELEMENT:
Entropy
COST:
2 :entropy
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Gain access to benefitting from or using the target creature's ability.
ART:
Someone else in elements the game
IDEA:
moomoose (idea spin off of old overlord card (i think that was the name of it anyway, never saw it after level 0))
NOTES:
active ability = ability that has to be clicked to be used, such as the skills that nymphs have.  the upped cards gives the benefits of passive abilities too, such as generate quanta, steal quanta, or gain hp from vampire, in addition to active abilities.  the cost of using active abilities remains constant, meaning you have to either be selective of which abilities to gain access to -or throw in some quantum pillars and hope for the best, or simply use in your rainbow deck.

this only works on creatures, not permanents.  tho that idea is in the works as well for "sharing" benefits from permanents in a similar way to these mind worms (active abilities|all abilities)
SERIES:

moose dont say moo.

dramore

Re: Mind Worm | Mind Worm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12892.msg163760#msg163760
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 11:32:19 pm »
By the way the game is coded the skill Vampire is an active skill. Active skills can be lobotomized. Passive skills can't be lobotomized.(Altho the new spider skill "Web" will remove Passive skill "Airborne".) I had this talk with Kael over the effects I wanted in my Elemental Runes Series (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,10346.0.html). You can go there and read the talk we had on active skills and passive skills. Altho we were talking about permanents not creatures but I'm not sure the game would see it any different. After all it's where the "Skill" is listed in the code.

• Legendary Member
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
Re: Mind Worm | Mind Worm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12892.msg163773#msg163773
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 11:47:54 pm »
i really dont like the classifications of abilities as they currently stand.  my cards effects will remain, the wording may change to lessen confusion caused by the current classifications.  for now in terms of this card, consider it as i am defining the terms, the unupped card gains access to using abilities which require clicking to use, the upped gives access to that as well, but also abilities which do not require clicking to have take effect.
moose dont say moo.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Mind Worm | Mind Worm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12892.msg163774#msg163774
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 11:51:03 pm »
Regardless, I quite like this card.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

assassim

Re: Mind Worm | Mind Worm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12892.msg163783#msg163783
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 12:04:06 am »

• Legendary Member
  • I'm big in Japan.
Re: Mind Worm | Mind Worm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12892.msg163816#msg163816
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 12:30:58 am »
assass- 1) that is not the same at all, that is a creature that copies an ability, not a spell that lets the player gain use to that ability and is not at risk of the ai opponent killing/deskilling their own creature (and now that ive noticed the upped version is not the same as the unupped, its still not the same as yours is :entropy to use the target's skill once, while mine is :entropy to gain access and then whatever quanta to actually use it over the course of the game) 2) blue mage is a card i made a few months ago which does something similar to parrot, and is in level 2 creature voting as we speak 3) like i said, the original idea was from a :darkness card that was in level 0 a while back but from what i can tell was never submitted to level 1
moose dont say moo.

anything
blarg: