*Author

Miasmal Dragon | Miasmal dragon https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28488.msg363968#msg363968
« on: July 10, 2011, 09:47:11 pm »
NAME:
Miasmal Dragon
ELEMENT:
Aether
COST:
52 Random quanta of any element
TYPE:
Monster
ATK|HP:
12/13
TEXT:
For 1 quanta of any element, Switch this Creatures element. This Creature has different passives for elements.
NAME:
Miasmal Dragon
ELEMENT:
Aether
COST:
50 Quanta of any element
TYPE:
Monster
ATK|HP:
13/14
TEXT:
For 1 quanta of any element, Switch this Creatures element. This Creature has different passives for elements.
ART:
platnium phoenix
IDEA:
platnium phoenix
NOTES:
This card, if added, Will be a RARE. also, i need better art... (and by rare, i mean... maybe in the same situation as nymphs (Only from oracle)
This card was originally "Other" element. It still costs any generic quanta, because this can change element.
Element passives:
Entropy: Antimatter a random Creature  on the opponents field.
Death: Adds one to the opponents poison counter.
Gravity: Destroys a random creature on the opponents field with over 6 HP.
Earth: Enchant artifact one random permanent on your permanents field.
Life: Heals You and every Creature on your field for 3 HP every turn.
Fire: Deflagrate/Explode one random permanent on your opponents side.
Water: Freezes a random monster every turn.
Light: Heal a random creature for 6 hp
Air: Give a random Creature on your field (Other than Miasmal Dragon, of course..) Dive. over-writes current ability.
Time: Reverse time a random creature on your opponents field.
Darkness: Vampire. heals your for the damage done.
Aether: Give a random card Immaterial - Target cant be targeted.

Also... I know, people will say this is OP. so... help me balance it. i doubt  this will get in... But if it does, it will be a rare. I hope..... so, lets balance this ok?
SERIES:
N/A

Feed back, please. Oh, and thanks for reading....  :aether

Tea is good

Re: Miasmal Dragon | Miasmal dragon https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28488.msg363975#msg363975
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 10:11:09 pm »
I play supernova, play this first turn. 50 quanta is a better price. I'm pretty sure Zanzarino said somewhere that he didn't want to make other creatures.

Re: Miasmal Dragon | Miasmal dragon https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28488.msg363976#msg363976
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 10:12:49 pm »
I play supernova, play this first turn. 50 quanta is a better price. I'm pretty sure Zanzarino said somewhere that he didn't want to make other creatures.
Ok, ill edit that now.

ill make it aether as a starting element...

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Miasmal Dragon | Miasmal dragon https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28488.msg364240#msg364240
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 07:47:41 am »
And this is why Mirror Quanta (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28215.0.html) is beautiful. ^_^
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Miasmal Dragon | Miasmal dragon https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28488.msg364242#msg364242
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 07:57:55 am »
Aether=Dragons?
I think Air should be better.
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline EvaRia

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Miasmal Dragon | Miasmal dragon https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28488.msg364262#msg364262
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 09:06:30 am »
Whoaaaa 50 Quanta...

I don't really know what to say, it's probably a neat concept but needs a bit of reworking.

Offline Captain Scibra

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Do Domhantarraingt. Dúinn go léir.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Miasmal Dragon | Miasmal dragon https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28488.msg364265#msg364265
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 09:13:59 am »
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFifty?!?!?!

My god, just no!
Rule #1: The Captain is never wrong.  Rule #2: If the Captain is wrong, refer to Rule #1.
The New Card Theory Thread

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Miasmal Dragon | Miasmal dragon https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28488.msg364267#msg364267
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 09:19:24 am »

My god, just no!
Is easy,just play 3 Supernovas and summon it.
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline Captain Scibra

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Do Domhantarraingt. Dúinn go léir.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Miasmal Dragon | Miasmal dragon https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28488.msg364274#msg364274
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 09:26:56 am »

My god, just no!
What a waste.
Rule #1: The Captain is never wrong.  Rule #2: If the Captain is wrong, refer to Rule #1.
The New Card Theory Thread

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
Re: Miasmal Dragon | Miasmal dragon https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28488.msg364275#msg364275
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 09:33:06 am »

My god, just no!
What a waste.
Agreed.This card is UP.
War

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
  • Awards: Winner of the Mark Redesign competition!
Re: Miasmal Dragon | Miasmal dragon https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28488.msg364313#msg364313
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 11:57:07 am »
attempts at powerful dynamic trump cards arent anywhere near as interesting as balanced lower costing creatures with neat mechanics.  also, making it rare doesnt help make powerful cards more balanced, it makes them less balanced.

and it isn't an aether card if neither the unupgraded nor upgraded cards have :aether cost.  it's an 'other' card under those conditions.

moose dont say moo.

davidy22

Re: Miasmal Dragon | Miasmal dragon https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28488.msg364330#msg364330
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 12:32:54 pm »
attempts at powerful dynamic trump cards arent anywhere near as interesting as balanced lower costing creatures with neat mechanics.  also, making it rare doesnt help make powerful cards more balanced, it makes them less balanced.
But if the card pool is all little tricks and no power cards, there'd be one faucet of variety lost.

Don't really like cards with hidden abilities. Maybe if the card text changed with the element, or if there were just one ability.

Fifty? That's demanding supernovas.

blarg: