*Author

Offline eljoemoTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 20
  • eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Live forever or die trying
  • Awards: Thank You Notes Winner7 Deadly Haikus Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerWar #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerElements The Movie Poster WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeDesign a Brawl Flag Competition WinnerDesign a Competition WinnerChristmas Time! Card Competition Winner
Magitek Factory | Magitek Factory https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58355.msg1189282#msg1189282
« on: May 11, 2015, 12:52:22 am »
NAME:
Magitek Factory
ELEMENT:
Gravity
COST:
6 :gravity
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
:gravity :gravity Grant at each use +1|+6, +2|+5, ..., +6|+1 to a target creature then destroy this card.
NAME:
Magitek Factory
ELEMENT:
Gravity
COST:
5 :gravity
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
:gravity :gravity Grant at each use +1|+6, +2|+5, ..., +6|+1 to a target creature then destroy this card.

ART:
andretimpa (hope you don't mind :D)
IDEA:
eljoemo & Team Red Stars (Brawl #4)
NOTES:
Been busy of recent, but here's another of my favourites from Brawl. This one comes from the Round 3 CD / Artist combo task. Might post another card yet, depends how I'm feeling. That said, if you want me to post a card I made for Brawl #4, just let me know.

The wording is a little tricky, but this card gives a target creature +1|+6 the first time it is used. Then, the next creature to be targeted gains +2|+5, the creature after that gains +3|+4 etc. After giving out the 6 buffs, this card destroys itself. It can target 6 different creatures if you like, or use it 6 times on the same one. Stealing this doesn't reset the buff / uses counter.

This card is based off the opposing sides of a standard 6-sided die. 1 is opposite to 6, 2 is opposite to 5, and 3 to 4. It ends up giving an average of +3.5|+3.5 to 6 targets over 7 turns, but giving much less attack than HP at first. The whole concept had a rotational and mechanical feel to it, like clockwork. You can imagine a factory crafting equipment for your creatures to use in battle. That's where the basis for the art came from, which andre did an amazing job on.
SERIES:

« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 05:21:58 am by AD TienzuStorm »
In Zanz we trust
War 8 :fire  War 9 :death

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Magitek Factory | Magitek Factory https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58355.msg1189284#msg1189284
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 01:34:36 am »
That's a pretty looking card :P
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline foxrain4

• Reputation Power: 10
  • foxrain4 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.foxrain4 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Check my profile for a Dragon story link.
  • Awards: Card Design Competition - On the Shoulders of Giants
Re: Magitek Factory | Magitek Factory https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58355.msg1189292#msg1189292
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 03:27:01 am »
dun like the card because i think its overwhelming powerful that makes the other gravity cards useless in comparison.

i think you get about +3/+3 for about 3 :gravity,
and you can play it repeatedly for 6 times like 6 in 1 card.

Offline kirbylover314

• Reputation Power: 17
  • kirbylover314 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kirbylover314 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kirbylover314 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • They see me rollin', they hatin'
  • Awards: Battle League 3/2016 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Magitek Factory | Magitek Factory https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58355.msg1189294#msg1189294
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 03:31:34 am »
Not necessarily true. Generally, Attack is more useful than HP on creatures, and for this card to actually give the amount of attack a Blessing gives (3) or more, you need to wait two turns, assuming two buffs are played on the same creature. If you don't play buffs on the same creature, it becomes three turns, which is a fair bit to a rush. By then, this card could be destroyed, or you are screwed. Also note that this card is fairly expensive, so that adds more towards turns needed to get the same buff as Blessing.

Offline Basman-1453

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Basman-1453 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Basman-1453 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • You hear about that thing down in Samothrace?
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Magitek Factory | Magitek Factory https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58355.msg1189299#msg1189299
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 04:11:09 am »
Cool. Very cool concept, not exactly unusable by quite a few decks that takes a primary on :gravity.

dun like the card because i think its overwhelming powerful that makes the other gravity cards useless in comparison.

i think you get about +3/+3 for about 3 :gravity,
and you can play it repeatedly for 6 times like 6 in 1 card.

Overwhelmingly powerful? I don't think so.
As kirbylover said, the buff from this needs some time to get going. Maybe it is by the last two buffs or so, but if battles reach the fifteenth turn or so without an indication the battle's tipping one side or the other, I think you'll probably need the buff to break stalls (at those turns, if you're not getting at least 2 :gravity per turn, perhaps you shouldn't really use this anyway~).
Avatar source (Kongou (KanColle))

Rise over the dead
Bring us ahead
INCEST AND IRON :V

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Magitek Factory | Magitek Factory https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58355.msg1189310#msg1189310
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 04:56:23 am »
Instead of looking from the angle that this would outclass other gravity cards (which it doesn't) look at how it plays with the rest of the element:

Together with gravity shield the first turns can be used for locking your opponent's attackers while later turns boost your attackers. The first turns can be used in wheenies to catapult them right away (a creature with around 8~10 HP gives about that much as damage.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Magitek Factory | Magitek Factory https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58355.msg1189951#msg1189951
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 12:45:50 am »
It takes this card + 7 turns + 18 :gravity|17 :gravity. In return it gives +21 damage per turn but misses out on 91 damage since it takes 7 turns to apply the full +21 attack.

In contrast Acceleration|Overdrive gives +14|+21 attack over 7 turns with 42|63 damage missed out. In turn it costs 3 :gravity|4 :gravity + the card + 6 creature hp.

So it does not appear OP from this angle.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Magitek Factory | Magitek Factory https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58355.msg1189959#msg1189959
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 03:06:00 am »
One of the best ideas in Brawl, even if we did manage to miscredit it X) Glad to see it with its own thread.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline eljoemoTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 20
  • eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.eljoemo is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Live forever or die trying
  • Awards: Thank You Notes Winner7 Deadly Haikus Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerWar #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerElements The Movie Poster WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeDesign a Brawl Flag Competition WinnerDesign a Competition WinnerChristmas Time! Card Competition Winner
Re: Magitek Factory | Magitek Factory https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58355.msg1211402#msg1211402
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 06:23:20 pm »
Suddenly remembered this gem. Seeing as Cygnia is a thing I guess I'll cross my fingers and submit it to the Crucible.
In Zanz we trust
War 8 :fire  War 9 :death

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Magitek Factory | Magitek Factory https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58355.msg1211436#msg1211436
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 09:07:52 pm »
It takes this card + 7 turns + 18 :gravity|17 :gravity. In return it gives +21 damage per turn but misses out on 91 damage since it takes 7 turns to apply the full +21 attack.

In contrast Acceleration|Overdrive gives +14|+21 attack over 7 turns with 42|63 damage missed out. In turn it costs 3 :gravity|4 :gravity + the card + 6 creature hp.

So it does not appear OP from this angle.
As a point of order, however, this card can synnergy with scorpions and vampires since it does not overwrite the creature's ability like overdrive does.
I don't think that's enough to bump it to OP but it is an interesting balancing point to consider.
Lastly, the HP bump that occurs near the end will synnergy with otyugh quite strongly. Currently, gravity lacks any means to boost HP or heal other than the minor +1|+1 from momentum.
All in all though, I think its relatively well balanced.
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
Re: Magitek Factory | Magitek Factory https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58355.msg1211439#msg1211439
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2015, 09:31:29 pm »
Suddenly remembered this gem. Seeing as Cygnia is a thing I guess I'll cross my fingers and submit it to the Crucible.

You got my vote :P

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Magitek Factory | Magitek Factory https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58355.msg1211469#msg1211469
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2015, 12:45:05 am »
I just want to know if the Magitek portion of this is a FFVI reference

anything
blarg: