*Author

Offline OdinVanguardTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Life Gate | Genesis Portal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64499.msg1263085#msg1263085
« on: April 26, 2017, 04:33:28 pm »
NAME:
Life Gate
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
2 :life
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
:entropy : Add up to 3 unupgraded creature cards to your hand. Keep one, convert :life into its cost, then discard the others.
NAME:
Genesis Portal
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
3 :life
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
:entropy : Fill your hand with upgraded creature cards. Keep one, convert :life into its cost, then discard the others.

ART:
OdinVanguard, created using Hexagon, Bryce7, and GIMP
IDEA:
OdinVanguard
NOTES:
"Today is a great day to be ALIVE"

"Your vibrant energy will attract many followers to your cause. Now you must separate the wheat from the chaff... choose wisely!"

The :life element's core theme is creatures. This expands upon that theme by allowing it to gain access to creatures from other elements. Moreover, this gives a deck access to creatures that it did not start with and normally would not be able to summon.
This provides some much needed flexibility to :life decks.

Mechanic Notes:
1) If the player does not have enough :life quanta to convert into the cost of the selected creature all of the :life quanta they do have will be converted, but they will have to find a way to come up with the difference themselves.
2) If the player clicks cancel while prompted to select a creature to keep, ALL of the created creatures will be discarded. This gives players a way to abort in case their selections are too expensive or are not useful.
3) This card will not add more than one copy of a creature to your hand in a single use. It could, however, pick a copy of a creature that was in your hand before this effect is used.
4) Only the cards that are created by a given use will be able to be selected, and cards that were in your hand already before you use this ability will not be discarded.
SERIES:

« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 03:27:10 pm by OdinVanguard »
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Offline dragtom

• Reputation Power: 16
  • dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Champion of the Silences Torn.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Divine ArtificeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #8 WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Life Gate | Genesis Portal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64499.msg1263946#msg1263946
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 12:10:16 pm »
A bit late, but how can a spell have an active ability? I assume it's supposed to be a permanent.
be quick- time is quanta.

Offline dawn to dusk

• Master of Light
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LightWar #12 - Sportsmanship AwardSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - The Fool Winner12th Trials - Master of LightDeckbuilding Competition - Elelections WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - Bronze9th Trials - Master of LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship Award8th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Life Gate | Genesis Portal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64499.msg1263947#msg1263947
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 12:27:35 pm »
The card text in the table says permanent so I assume it is

• Legendary Member
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
Re: Life Gate | Genesis Portal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64499.msg1263950#msg1263950
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 03:35:40 pm »
The card text in the table says permanent so I assume it is
Correct. I had it as a spell at first then decided it would be better as a permanent. Didn't notice that I hadn't changed the card type on the image though. Good catch

Images have been fixed.
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`

Offline CactusKing

• Reputation Power: 11
  • CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I eat shriekers for breakfast
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 1/2018 2nd PlaceCard Design Competition - Rule BenderSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: Life Gate | Genesis Portal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64499.msg1263975#msg1263975
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 02:47:35 am »
Awesome looking card, but
When you say "convert :life  into its cost", do you mean "pay for the creature with life quanta without summoning it", or change  :life in your quanta pool to match the card's cost type?

Can this card summon ultra-rares, or cards normally unobtainable in normal play (singularity, foil-chimera, ash etc.)?

I like how this uses the same duo cost as fallen elf, possibly allowing for  :entropy :life duos to become more viable, but this card still seems very niche, requiring decks to be entirely based around it to use it's full potential. Could you demonstrate it's potential uses in example decks? They don't have to be amazing I just want to see the ways you envisioned it could be used. I'm pretty much asking to be proven wrong
I spilt my blood against the :earth
         Just to see the world in colour.

• Legendary Member
Re: Life Gate | Genesis Portal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64499.msg1264071#msg1264071
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 05:01:57 pm »
Awesome looking card, but
When you say "convert :life  into its cost", do you mean "pay for the creature with life quanta without summoning it", or change  :life in your quanta pool to match the card's cost type?

Can this card summon ultra-rares, or cards normally unobtainable in normal play (singularity, foil-chimera, ash etc.)?

I like how this uses the same duo cost as fallen elf, possibly allowing for  :entropy :life duos to become more viable, but this card still seems very niche, requiring decks to be entirely based around it to use it's full potential. Could you demonstrate it's potential uses in example decks? They don't have to be amazing I just want to see the ways you envisioned it could be used. I'm pretty much asking to be proven wrong
The mechanic will change :life quanta in your pool into quanta that matches the selected creature's cost type, up to the amount listed on the creature... So... it could actually be used as a quanta converter, but you would risk clogging up your hand in doing so.
I picked this mechanic because altering the type of quanta used to pay a card's cost would likely require rewiring some of the internal flash code... at least from what I can gather from other card discussions in the past. This mechanic gets around that need and so should be much easier to implement.

I am envisioning this card to behave like SoSe in terms of what cards it will generate, but limited to only selecting creature cards.

I don't think a deck would need to be geared around this card specifically.
It could easily be splashed into just about any life deck that could accommodate an :entropy mark.
The idea is to provide life with a steady stream of creatures.
While mitosis helps with this it (1) is prone to CC counters an (2) is somewhat limited in what creatures it provides.

This could be invaluable against CC heavy decks. It also gives :life a second meaningful permanent, which will help take pressure off of empathic bonds. E.g. if you are fighting a :fire deck, they will have to choose between targetting this or an empathic bond. Both permanents are significant threats and they won't have enough copies to take out both. Moreover, if they rely on spells as their CC this card would eventually wear them down in the long run and could even provide you with creatures that could work as a counter.
Lastly, it is pleasantly resistant to steal since the opponent would need both a small :entropy source and a strong :life source to power it.

Some examples I can think of right away:
Add into mitosis + empathic bond deck. Power with pillars and entropy mark... or just forget mitosis and mix pillars and pendulums with this + bond.
Put into a fallen elf / druid deck, or other life / entropy duo powered with pendulums and a few novas / super novas to help power creature skills.
Put into a rainbow deck powered with chroma mark and life pendulums (should v1.4 ever become real this would be quite viable).
Pretty much any rainbow deck powered off of QP could have one of these splashed into it.

In the case of the upgraded version, you probably don't even need a super strong :life source. If you use this with a more or less empty hand, you have 8 cards to choose from. As long as you have 1 to 3 :life in your pool, at least one of them should be viable. So even decks that use supernova or cremation could get some use out of it. Especially since there are more 0 cast cost creatures in the upped meta.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 05:08:55 pm by OdinVanguard »
If your zombie plan is

Offline dragtom

• Reputation Power: 16
  • dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Champion of the Silences Torn.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Divine ArtificeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #8 WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Life Gate | Genesis Portal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64499.msg1264080#msg1264080
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 09:29:44 pm »
Since it isn't mentioned yet- with the current wording, if you do not pick a generated GotP, you'll be damaged.
At some point someone will be knocked out with 91 damage from the upped.
be quick- time is quanta.

• Legendary Member
Re: Life Gate | Genesis Portal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64499.msg1264126#msg1264126
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 03:21:47 pm »
Since it isn't mentioned yet- with the current wording, if you do not pick a generated GotP, you'll be damaged.
At some point someone will be knocked out with 91 damage from the upped.
True... that is a possibility, but the odds of getting more than one copy of a given creature in your hand at one time is pretty small.
I don't know the exact number of upped creatures in the game off the top of my head but I believe there are at least several dozen if I remember correctly. So to even get 2 GoTPs in one hand is going to be somewhere in the range of 1:100 to 1:1000.
To get a hand full of 4 or more is very very unlikely.

This does bring up a good point though. I think this card (should it ever get made) should be coded so that you wont get more than one copy of a creature given by any one use. I'll update the OP.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 03:24:07 pm by OdinVanguard »
If your zombie plan is

anything
blarg: