*Author

Offline ZyardranTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Icicle | Icicle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60952.msg1220148#msg1220148
« on: January 13, 2016, 11:42:24 pm »
NAME:
Icicle
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
3 :water
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Weapon:  Deal 6 damage.
50% chance to freeze an enemy weapon.
Breaks after 3 turns.
NAME:
Icicle
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
2 :water
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Weapon:  Deal 6 damage.
Breaks after 3 turns.

ART:
Google
IDEA:
Discord
NOTES:
Immaterial weapons are unaffected.
SERIES:

Spoiler for Hidden:
NAME:
Icicle
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
4 :water
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Weapon: Deal 6 damage.
Breaks after 3 turns.
NAME:
Icicle
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Breaks after 3 turns.

ART:
Google
IDEA:
Discord
NOTES:
SERIES:

Spoiler for Hidden:
NAME:
Icicle
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
50% chance to freeze an enemy weapon. Breaks after 3 turns.
NAME:
Icicle
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
50% chance to freeze an enemy weapon. Breaks after 3 turns.

ART:

IDEA:
Discord
NOTES:
SERIES:

Spoiler for Old:
NAME:
Icicle
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
50% to freeze enemy weapon.
If enemy weapon is immaterial, will not work.
NAME:
Icicle
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
50% to freeze enemy weapon.
If enemy weapon is immaterial, will not work.

ART:

IDEA:
Discord
NOTES:
Breaks after 3 turns
SERIES:

Spoiler for Older:
NAME:
Icicle
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Freeze a random enemy creature on the opponent's side.
NAME:
Icicle
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Freeze a random enemy creature on the opponent's side.

ART:

IDEA:
Discord
NOTES:
Breaks after 3 turns
SERIES:

Spoiler for Oldest:
NAME:
Icicle
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Weapon: deal 3 damage.
Chance to freeze enemy weapon. Breaks after 5 turns.
NAME:
Icicle
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Weapon: deal 3 damage.
Chance to freeze enemy weapon. Breaks after 5 turns.

ART:

IDEA:
Discord
NOTES:

SERIES:

« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 04:11:16 pm by Discord »
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

Offline Solaris

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Icicle | Icicle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60952.msg1220149#msg1220149
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 11:45:04 pm »
This is pretty similar to one of ZephyrPhantom 's cards, IIRC. Still a fun concept

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • [04:50:35] GirlsGeneration: mewtwo's hot
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake2nd Trials - Master of LifeAnother Epic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Icicle | Icicle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60952.msg1220187#msg1220187
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 07:30:42 am »
Link Meow? Even if they are similar all that can really do is further balance the concept to allow it to grow.

I feel like it is very weak this point though. The upgrade should at least include a damage increase, as is it's a very minor upgrade, almost not even worth it

Offline Basman-1453

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Basman-1453 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Basman-1453 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • You hear about that thing down in Samothrace?
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Icicle | Icicle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60952.msg1220190#msg1220190
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 08:50:54 am »
Care to explain how does the chance to freeze enemy weapon work (say, a flat chance, modified by :water quanta (at attack or at casting?), or something else)?
Avatar source (Kongou (KanColle))

Rise over the dead
Bring us ahead
INCEST AND IRON :V

Offline ratcharmer

• Reputation Power: 10
  • ratcharmer is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.ratcharmer is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I'm back, it's been a while.
Re: Icicle | Icicle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60952.msg1220202#msg1220202
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 01:11:04 pm »
I really like the idea if a "temporary weapon" however, as zombies said I think the current incarnation is pretty weak--too little damage and too high cost.

Offline russianspy1234

• Reputation Power: 26
  • russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Crucible Bombarder
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeArt Competition - Meta Master Card Design Competition: New Year's ResolutionsSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elementshifted 3rd Birthday Cake -Fire-DIAC Ray of SunshineSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Icicle | Icicle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60952.msg1220216#msg1220216
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 06:31:00 pm »
Depending on the chance to freeze this is either too weak or too strong.  I would recommend bumping the damage by 1 and keeping a relatively low chance of freezing.  Also, what do you think about freezing (disabling) enemy shield if they have one instead of the weapon?  Makes thematic sense, but is a bit weird mechanically.
My Portfolio
Brawl 7 is occurring.  Come follow along.

Offline Solaris

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Icicle | Icicle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60952.msg1220218#msg1220218
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 06:37:34 pm »
Link Meow? Even if they are similar all that can really do is further balance the concept to allow it to grow.

I feel like it is very weak this point though. The upgrade should at least include a damage increase, as is it's a very minor upgrade, almost not even worth it

http://elementscommunity.org/forum/level-2-forge/frostbite-frostbite-60127/

A bit more different than I thought, but my statement stands.

Offline UndeadSpider1990

• UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Hey you! Join a PvP event!
Re: Icicle | Icicle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60952.msg1220238#msg1220238
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 09:09:52 pm »
Found badass art. :o

Spoiler for Hidden:

Trollololol ^_^
Like reading? Here's a story inspired by Elements, City of Alchemy. :)

• Legendary Member
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Icicle | Icicle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60952.msg1220239#msg1220239
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 09:10:33 pm »
Found badass art. :o

Spoiler for Hidden:

Trollololol ^_^

lol
Current profile picture

Offline UndeadSpider1990

• UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Icicle | Icicle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60952.msg1220241#msg1220241
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2016, 09:15:32 pm »
But seriously now...

I love the idea of a weapon that freezes the enemy weapon, and it's certainly a good alternative to Trident for those not running :earth.

I agree that it's UP though. Given that some opponents won't even have a weapon, its effect is a little niche. Since the chance to freeze isn't certain, nor even unique to Water (icebolt), it doesn't add a huge deal to Water's PC arsenal. That's supposed to be constructive criticism :P Since it's going to break, I think it should be doing at least as much damage as Longsword (-1 for unupped), and probably cost less too. Pretty sure you know how awesome Discord can be for a 3 :rainbow weapon, but that does 6 damage :)

*Edit* Wow I edited this post a lot. My apost'troph'e's are all over the place today...'.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 09:17:32 pm by UndeadSpider1990 »

• Legendary Member
Re: Icicle | Icicle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60952.msg1220243#msg1220243
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2016, 09:23:49 pm »
Updated.

Yay or nay?
Current profile picture

Offline UndeadSpider1990

Re: Icicle | Icicle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60952.msg1220250#msg1220250
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2016, 11:42:13 pm »
Preferred the weapon freezing mechanic ^_^

You didn't use my fabtastic art?!  :'(

blarg: