*Author

Offline FlayneTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Flayne is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Heretic | Zealot https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60402.msg1214075#msg1214075
« on: November 08, 2015, 02:48:51 pm »
NAME:
Heretic
ELEMENT:
Entropy
COST:
3 :entropy
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
0 | 6
TEXT:
:fire :fire Immolate: Sacrifice Heretic to add double the amount of its stats to target creature.
NAME:
Zealot
ELEMENT:
Entropy
COST:
2 :entropy
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
0 | 7
TEXT:
:fire :fire Immolate: Sacrifice Zealot to add double the amount of its stats to target creature.

ART:
Flayne
IDEA:
Flayne
NOTES:
The stats that are added are based on its *current* stats, not its original stats. ex: Zealot has been damaged by a spell and loses 4hp, now it has 3 hp.
Use immolate and add to a creature that had 2|3, now the selected creature has 2|9 and not 2|17.

- Cannot target a creature that is in stasis, frozen, immaterial, etc.
SERIES:

« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 03:26:48 pm by Flayne »
- Evening lies evermore entrenched near the soul. :entropy :fire

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Heretic | Zealot https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60402.msg1214076#msg1214076
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 02:50:58 pm »
Interesting.
Why not make it fire in the first place?
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

Offline Treldon

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Do I have to?
  • Awards: 1st Place WC Winner: October 20152nd place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Solved the Ruby Mansion MurderSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeGold Donor
Re: Heretic | Zealot https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60402.msg1214077#msg1214077
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 02:58:39 pm »
Uhm...heretics are "normally" burnt by others, not themselves. Zealot fits more.

And why :entropy? The combo with Chaos Power is obvious, but that'd work just the same if it was :fire. And Immolate might not be a good ability name considering how Immolation does something totally different. Martyrdom perhaps, in keeping with the religious theme?

The effect itself is interesting.
The one with answerable questions and questionable answers

10th Elements Council member == Brawl #4 :life Meaning of Life :life Artist == Brawl #5 :chroma A Toadally Newtral Team :chroma Artist

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Heretic | Zealot https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60402.msg1214078#msg1214078
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 03:00:30 pm »
Uhm...heretics are "normally" burnt by others, not themselves. Zealot fits more.

And why :entropy? The combo with Chaos Power is obvious, but that'd work just the same if it was :fire. And Immolate might not be a good ability name considering how Immolation does something totally different. Martyrdom perhaps, in keeping with the religious theme?

:entropy is fine with me, I kinda think it fits tbh. I just wanna know why he chose? (Maybe another :entropy fan!)
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

Re: Heretic | Zealot https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60402.msg1214079#msg1214079
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 03:03:02 pm »

Interesting.
Why not make it fire in the first place?

Thank you, the intent was to create a card themed on entropy :entropy based on its thermodynamic properties. Entropy is a force that deals with many things which also include :fire heat distribution in the universe due to the increase in potential disorder.

So based on this, I thought about certain synergies it may have with fire and came up with a few ideas which include but are not limited to: mono fire with rage potion due to its high defense. Though now i say that i totally forgot that the upped version of it becomes -6 def, so gonna have to change the upped version now lol  :-X

otherwise it has great potential with rainbow decks that can utilize things like - blessing, acceleration, basilisk blood, gravity pull, etc.

well I was typing the answer to the first part from Discord's post.

as for the second part, i considered the immolate name, and thought, immolation = immolate, then i ran with it anyway simply because of the different spelling haha (though immolation becomes cremation, that is to consider as well) . I will consider to change it.
As you mentioned "being burnt by others" That is already taken care of by guess who.... YOU haha :P, since you are the one controlling the creatures and all.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 03:06:09 pm by Flayne »

Offline Basman-1453

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Basman-1453 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Basman-1453 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • You hear about that thing down in Samothrace?
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Heretic | Zealot https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60402.msg1214080#msg1214080
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 03:13:30 pm »
The stats that are added are based on its *current* stats, not its original stats. ex: Zealot has been damaged by a spell and loses 4hp, now it has 2 hp.
Use immolate and add to a creature that had 2|3, now the selected creature has 2|5 and not 2|9.

Wait. When an injured Zealot at 0/2 Immolate itself for a 2/3 creature, shouldn't it be a 2/7 ( (2+(0x2)) / (3+(2x2)) ) instead of a 2/15 ( (2+(0x2)) / (3+(6x2)) )?

Actually, I find Entropy fitting nicely to the religious theme, particularly unupped. Y'know, the unorthodoxy.

As you mentioned "being burnt by others" That is already taken care of by guess who.... YOU haha :P, since you are the one controlling the creatures and all.

Oh, you XD
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 03:26:10 pm by Basman-1453 »
Avatar source (Kongou (KanColle))

Rise over the dead
Bring us ahead
INCEST AND IRON :V

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: Heretic | Zealot https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60402.msg1214081#msg1214081
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2015, 03:18:52 pm »
My own personal complaint about this card is that forcing it into :entropy :fire feels a little bit too restrictive.

There's also This card to look at, which is essentially the same card in an entirely different elemental pair. I prefer this one simply because it doesn't feel OP as balls, but I will say that I prefer armour's elements - it just feels... Weird in that combination. Sensical, but weird.

Re: Heretic | Zealot https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60402.msg1214083#msg1214083
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2015, 03:29:06 pm »
The stats that are added are based on its *current* stats, not its original stats. ex: Zealot has been damaged by a spell and loses 4hp, now it has 2 hp.
Use immolate and add to a creature that had 2|3, now the selected creature has 2|5 and not 2|9.

Wait. When an injured Zealot at 0/2 Immolate itself for a 2/3 creature, shouldn't it be a 2/7 ( (2+(0x2)) / (3+(2x2)) ) instead of a 2/15 ( (2+(0x2)) / (3+(6x2)) )?

whhhoooops! thank you for making that awful mistake clear, fixed :)
Yea its double its current stats, so injured 0|2 Zealot gives a total of 0|4 to target creature when immolated.
I said that just to make the potential of the card a bit clear. so If you infuse with rage elixir, it would now have 6/1 so immolate and it gives away 12/2 to target creature.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 03:32:34 pm by Flayne »

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: Heretic | Zealot https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60402.msg1214084#msg1214084
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2015, 03:31:21 pm »
What happens in a case of a zealot having, say, -10 | 5? Antimatter is treated more of a status than as a number.

Re: Heretic | Zealot https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60402.msg1214085#msg1214085
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2015, 03:39:09 pm »
What happens in a case of a zealot having, say, -10 | 5? Antimatter is treated more of a status than as a number.
Well I would assume that mathematically it would be very good to immolate it then lol since -10 x 2 is -20 respectively. Basically you get rid of it because it will heal your opponent lol.
However if programmers were to consider its previous number of 0, then it would simply give 0 x 2 = 0 since as you say, antimatter is a status and not a number, so the effect of immolating it would resume as normal.

However inverting 0 into negative is impossible since it has no positive figure to begin with.

Offline Fippe94

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeGold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of DeathBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Heretic | Zealot https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60402.msg1214086#msg1214086
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2015, 03:41:20 pm »
I disagree. AM isn't a status, it is definitely a number change. It's like saying Blessing is a status imo. Nothing can "heal" AM, like poison and momentum can be removed, and any further attack changes on AM is treated like AM is a number change.
Try Fragments, my card game!

cvengrcnq qbg arg fynfu frperg cnffjbeq
KVVV > KYIVV

Offline Basman-1453

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Basman-1453 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Basman-1453 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • You hear about that thing down in Samothrace?
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Heretic | Zealot https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60402.msg1214088#msg1214088
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2015, 03:45:00 pm »
Well I would assume that mathematically it would be very good to immolate it then lol since -10 x 2 is -20 respectively. Basically you get rid of it because it will heal your opponent lol.

I don't think there's anything in your card's mechanic that prevents the Heretic/Zealot to pass those negative 'buffs' on an opposing creature, just as there's nothing in, say, a Virus's mechanics that prevents it to affect an allied creature.

In fact, it's a devious way to punish Antimatter-happy opponents: have the Heretic/Zealot Immolate itself and pass the Antimatter'd buff on an opposing creature so that the affected opposing creature heals you. :V
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 03:48:07 pm by Basman-1453 »
Avatar source (Kongou (KanColle))

Rise over the dead
Bring us ahead
INCEST AND IRON :V

anything
blarg: